Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin/Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Was that NBC news or some other media outlet. When this story came out NBC was able to manipulate the phone call to make it sound like Zimmerman was following the kid because he was black. That was just deceptive editing. I have no doubt they would try and edit a tape to make it sound like little 12 year old Trayvon was begging for mercy. I don't believe it for a second. Its much more likely that Zimmerman was begging for mercy as the "kid" was almost twice his size.
    Zimmerman is currently suing NBC, they better not do something that stupid again.

Sorry but its pretty obvious what happened there.... What is relevant is the thug nature of Martin
    No its not "obvious." (unless you were there)

Also..."thug nature" has no bearing.

The only thing thing that has bearing is what facts of the incident THAT NIGHT can be proven.

The evidence was that Zimmerman was attacked first. Then the gun shot.
    Do you have a link for that? I've seen no such evidence.

Sorry but its pretty obvious what happened there. Zimmerman as part of the neighborhood watch was following the kid through the neighborhood. He calls the police to report a suspicious activity. Kid sees Zimmerman, confronts him then attacks him. T- "you got a problem" Z- "no" T - "well you do now" (Punch, Slam). Zimmerman takes some punches to the head. Evidence of a struggle. Then he shoots the kid in self defense.

Is it possible that Martin beat Zimmermans ass then was backing off when a now enraged Zimmerman pulls the gun and shoots? Sure. Can it be proven? Unlikely. The evidence was that Zimmerman was attacked first. Then the gun shot.

The idea that Martin had a gun or anything like that is not only irrelevant but something you just made up. No one has ever claimed that to be the case. What is relevant is the thug nature of Martin who had been suspended for having thief's tool kits at school and who tweeted about beating up bus drivers. It is relevant because the case is essentially about proving that Martin attacked first and Zimmerman feared for his safety.
    No, it's not relevant at all - which is why it's inadmissible.

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Do you have a link for that? I've seen no such evidence.
    You did see the blood on Zimmermans head right. Clearly there was an altercation. If Zimmerman hunted Martin down and murdered him in cold blood he doesn't get injured. If he went out that night with the intention of killing someone he wouldn't have called the police to report the suspicious person. Neighbors described hearing a fight. I listened to that same "calling for help" recording someone mentioned earlier and it sounded to me like it was Zimmerman calling out not Trayvon.

The only reason I'm even interested in this case is because of what the media did at the onset. It has all the makings of a fake media witch hunt. The false accusations of racism, the photo of 12 year old smiling child. The whole thing was sickening once the real facts came out.

You did see the blood on Zimmermans head right. Clearly there was an altercation. If Zimmerman hunted Martin down and murdered him in cold blood he doesn't get injured. If he went out that night with the intention of killing someone he wouldn't have called the police to report the suspicious person. Neighbors described hearing a fight. I listened to that same "calling for help" recording someone mentioned earlier and it sounded to me like it was Zimmerman calling out not Trayvon.
    Other than the blood on his head, the rest isn't evidence, it's speculation. I think it's pretty clear there was a fight, Zimmerman got hurt, Trayvon got killed. I don't think it's clear Trayvon started the fight. Even if Trayvon did start the fight, i don't think it's clear Zimmerman had the right to shoot him.

The only reason I'm even interested in this case is because of what the media did at the onset. It has all the makings of a fake media witch hunt. The false accusations of racism, the photo of 12 year old smiling child. The whole thing was sickening once the real facts came out.
    I agree 100%. The media blew the case out of proportion. It's sad the kid died, but it wasn't newsworthy. That said.. From what i know, if i was a juror (and obviously during a trial you'd learn a lot more) i think it's very, very unlikely i would not find Zimmerman guilty of a crime.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Find a source for this yet....

Warfish,

this is what I heard

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=187049443

The state recently disclosed it has an audio expert who heard certain things in the background of that audio, things that no one else has previously disclosed having heard. He says he heard Trayvon say: I'm begging you. And he says he heard George Zimmerman using evangelical-like language and speaking stylistically, almost as if he were on some sort of holy mission in what he was doing that night.

His name is Alan Reich and on Thursday and if time need be, on Friday, the judge will hold a hearing to determine whether what Alan Reich did in analyzing the tape and the scientific methods he used are valid and things that can be trusted to be put in front of a jury.
    And this is what a little more research turned up

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Upd...tin-case-video

The judge will hold another hearing on June 6. At that session she will hear arguments about whether to admit testimony from a state audio expert, Alan Reich. In a report to prosecutors, Mr. Reich says the audio of a 911 call has the voice of Trayvon saying in a trembling voice, “I am begging you.”

Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Trayvon’s family, said his family was pleased with the judge’s rulings. “Trayvon Martin is not on trial,” Mr. Crump said.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Exactly. There is some manipsinaipsing going on.

If, if? You're guessing and drawing conclusions you want to believe to be true, why?

This entire event would of never occurred if Zimmerman just called 911 and left it at that, but he was suspicious of a kid walking in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The radio said something about possible evidence taken from the 911 call. Somehow they cleaned up the background noise in the phone call and it sounds like Martin begging for his life.
    Bull sh*t

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Warfish,

this is what I heard

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=187049443

And this is what a little more research turned up

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Upd...tin-case-video
    ==================================================

Interesting.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    It makes you wonder why the defense would want to attack the character of a dead youth if the evidence is clear cut?

If Martin had a gun in his backpack or a gun was recovered in close proximity then pics with guns would become relevant. He was just exercising his 2nd amend rights.
    The job of the defense attorney is to get his client off, doesn't matter what the legitimacy or technicality of that method is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Bull sh*t
    Because you know?

Truth is, it wouldn't surprise me. Also wouldn't surprise me if nothing of the sort happened. I wasn't there, and I haven't seen the evidence.

That said, if that evidence existed, the defense would know about it, and Zimmerman would have pled guilty. So I'd lean towards it not being quite as clear as all that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    March 2012: Students protesting the Trayvon Martin ransacked and looted a Walgreens they stole items and trashed the store knocking over shelves breaking other items and throwing things on to the floor running through the store 400 dollars of merchandise was stolen and broken but the list was not finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRQpMBQskT0

then they wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    then they wonder why
    Who is "they" ?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Who is "they" ?
    tayvon martin activists

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    tayvon martin activists
    So from your perspective Martin was shot because he was one of "them"?

Jets Insider VIP
    HI!

I'm George Zimmerhole.

I've assaulted a cop, beat up woman and killed a minor.

I should be allowed to have a gun and walk around your neighborhood protecting you from f*ckfaces like me.

I thank gun ****s for supporting people like me. Thank you, ****faces.

#rootingforhurricanes
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 06-11-2013 at 07:40 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    HI!

I'm George Zimmerhole.

I've assaulted a cop, beat up woman and killed a minor.

I should be allowed to have a gun and walk around your neighborhood protecting you from f*ckfaces like me.

I thank gun ****s for supporting people like me. Thank you, ****faces.

#rootingforhurricanes

======================================

LOL

Pecan for Mod!

Get on the bus!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ======================================

LOL

Pecan for Mod!

Get on the bus!
    My first move would be to make you me my phone call listener in chief.

And in charge of all thing Gary Moorw