Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 78

Thread: Jets sign Ben Obomanu

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,523
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I'll take him too....if we face KC cornerbacks each week!
    That's against Brandon Carr.

    You could make the argument that he's a Top 10-15 player at his position.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    um this ''guy'' in a short time had made this team better.......not sure how you think that this new WR won't pan out....amazing how many of you thing you know more than Actual jets coaches lol To flat out assume before the players even show what they have makes ZERO sense. If we are in training camp and preseason then I would understand, but to make a prediction without seeing anything makes no sense.

    I have no idea if Idzik has made the team better. Maybe, maybe not.
    There are still serious holes. Milliner "should" be good. Richardson was a duplicated pick IMO. Could/should have gone true OLB. Again IMO.
    Smith - IDK. The rest???
    LBs =problem. OL=problem RBs/FB= eh. TE=ouch WRs = no QB=??
    S= not top drawer

  3. #43
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,843
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I have no idea if Idzik has made the team better. Maybe, maybe not.
    There are still serious holes. Milliner "should" be good. Richardson was a duplicated pick IMO. Could/should have gone true OLB. Again IMO.
    Smith - IDK. The rest???
    LBs =problem. OL=problem RBs/FB= eh. TE=ouch WRs = no QB=??
    S= not top drawer
    What do you think of Miami reaching up for Dion Jordan? I heard somewhere that MIA wanted to keep him from falling to Rex.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I have no idea if Idzik has made the team better. Maybe, maybe not.
    There are still serious holes. Milliner "should" be good. Richardson was a duplicated pick IMO. Could/should have gone true OLB. Again IMO.
    Smith - IDK. The rest???
    LBs =problem. OL=problem RBs/FB= eh. TE=ouch WRs = no QB=??
    S= not top drawer
    The "true OLB's" were gone by pick #6

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    That's against Brandon Carr.

    You could make the argument that he's a Top 10-15 player at his position.
    It was a blown coverage.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    What do you think of Miami reaching up for Dion Jordan? I heard somewhere that MIA wanted to keep him from falling to Rex.

    Three might have been high. If he was there at 9 the Jets HAD to pick him.I thought Milliner was perfect for the Jets though. Filled an absolute need.
    If the Jets did take Jordan at 9, they could still have had Milliner or Hayden at 13. At 13 I would have gone Jarvis Jones instead of Richardson. Filled a need. Coples at OLB is playing him out of position.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    The "true OLB's" were gone by pick #6


    Jarvis Jones is a bum? He is a true OLB, unlike Coples.
    The DL should have been Coples, Ellis and Wilkerson.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Jarvis Jones is a bum? He is a true OLB, unlike Coples.
    The DL should have been Coples, Ellis and Wilkerson.
    How is COPLES going to rundown RB's playin OLB at his size? I don't see it. Leave QC @ DE and let him gain weight as he grows like a normal player. What the hellz goin on out there??? Lombardi HaHa!

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    um this ''guy'' in a short time had made this team better.......not sure how you think that this new WR won't pan out....amazing how many of you thing you know more than Actual jets coaches lol To flat out assume before the players even show what they have makes ZERO sense. If we are in training camp and preseason then I would understand, but to make a prediction without seeing anything makes no sense.

    You don't really know me, do you?


    I want Braylon back on this team. That's the gist of my argument/rant/whatever on Idzik.


    It has nothing really to do whether the WR's he signed off the street would pan out or not(hell....maybe a few diamonds appear out of the rough here. Who knows?). It's more of a personal preference on what I think Idzik should do(but isn't doing).

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You don't really know me, do you?


    I want Braylon back on this team. That's the gist of my argument/rant/whatever on Idzik.


    It has nothing really to do whether the WR's he signed off the street would pan out or not(hell....maybe a few diamonds appear out of the rough here. Who knows?). It's more of a personal preference on what I think Idzik should do(but isn't doing).
    The weird thing with your boy Bray-Bray is for some reason the only QB he seems to work well with on his last few teams was the Butt Fumbler.. Derek Anderson was the other QB he had good success with when he was on the Browns..

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Jarvis Jones is a bum? He is a true OLB, unlike Coples.
    The DL should have been Coples, Ellis and Wilkerson.
    Coples is stronger faster and has more agility than jarvis jones. He'll be a better OLB

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,742
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Coples is stronger faster and has more agility than jarvis jones. He'll be a better OLB
    Rex had Adalius Thomas playing LB'er with the Ravens he was 6'2 and 270 and Willie McGinest played OLB for the Pats at 6'5 in the 270's..

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The weird thing with your boy Bray-Bray is for some reason the only QB he seems to work well with on his last few teams was the Butt Fumbler.. Derek Anderson was the other QB he had good success with when he was on the Browns..
    Coincidence.

  14. #54
    About as meh a signing as you can get. This guy is a glorified Chaz Schilens.

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Three might have been high. If he was there at 9 the Jets HAD to pick him.I thought Milliner was perfect for the Jets though. Filled an absolute need.
    If the Jets did take Jordan at 9, they could still have had Milliner or Hayden at 13. At 13 I would have gone Jarvis Jones instead of Richardson. Filled a need. Coples at OLB is playing him out of position.
    And you know this because you've seen him play OLB when?

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,759
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I have no idea if Idzik has made the team better. Maybe, maybe not.
    There are still serious holes. Milliner "should" be good. Richardson was a duplicated pick IMO. Could/should have gone true OLB. Again IMO.
    Smith - IDK. The rest???
    LBs =problem. OL=problem RBs/FB= eh. TE=ouch WRs = no QB=??
    S= not top drawer

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,759
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    About as meh a signing as you can get. This guy is a glorified Chaz Schilens.
    Except you forgot to mention that he can play special teams very well and he has nice hands. He was fairly well thought of in the NFL prior to becoming a Jets player. now he sucks!

  18. #58
    Coples position should be listed as "Terrell Suggs". He's going to be just fine, Ryan and Thurman won't expose him.

  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,064
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Jarvis Jones is a bum? He is a true OLB, unlike Coples.
    The DL should have been Coples, Ellis and Wilkerson.
    Just what we need. A slow, small, brittle edge rusher. The entire defense was geared to getting Jones 1 on 1 with space around a slow tackle. He can't shed a block, and he's not fast enough to get around tackles in the NFL. There's a good reason why he fell. You may have noticed that he wasn't even on the Cowboy's draft board at all.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 06-01-2013 at 09:28 PM.

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    I completely forgot about A Thomas who was quite successful at OLB......I think Rex has an idea of what he is doing with coples.....one thing I cannot question rex on is defense.




    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Rex had Adalius Thomas playing LB'er with the Ravens he was 6'2 and 270 and Willie McGinest played OLB for the Pats at 6'5 in the 270's..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us