Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/30 OTA News &Notes OTA

All Pro

5/30 OTA News &Notes OTA

Funny, everyone is in shorts except Cromartie, who is wearing his uniform pants #analysis

Nice sliding catch by Stephen Hill in the end zone, looks fine from my pov. Running at full speed. #nyj

Sanchez to Hill. #nyj http://t.co/Rf4a4JLpug

Stephen Hill with a drop of high pass from Sanchez #jets http://t.co/p6V6kJTMRV

Hill just got an earful from Mornhinweg after dropping a pass. #nyj

Mornhinweg + Geno #nyj #jets http://t.co/VzFSc3vwVF

Jeff Cumberland has a good reason for not being at OTAs today. His daughter was born last night in Ohio. #nyj

Stephen Hill doesn't look at all limited. Going all out in the WR drills. #Jets

Passing drills.... https://t.co/IrHCfvUnxk

Marcus Davis making a snag in drills. http://t.co/PYg1t4ZMrd

No TE Jeff Cumberland... OTA #Jets

RB Mike Goodson may not be talking, but he's practicing. Take a look: #nyj http://t.co/9vyHJVIkOA

WR Stephen Hill is back on the field. Looks like he's running at full speed. #NYJ

Here's Stephen Hill catching a pass from Lal. http://t.co/ewfMi2IOLr

Mornhinweg is limping noticeably as he barks during WR drills. Not sure what happened tho. #nyj #jets

New WR Ben Obomanu handling some kickoff returns. Ditto, embattled RB Mike Goodson. #Jets

Zach Rogers, Cromartie and Kyle Wilson also working in with the kick returners. #nyj

Zach Rogers making a sideline grab. #nyj http://t.co/CA7jQOW2N4

First play in 7-on-7's, false start

Guards with first team - colon and peterman

Rough start to 11 on 11 drills for offense. False start call followed by Harris deflection of Sanchez pass to Kerley.

That's twice now Kerley would've been leveled if the defense was allowed to hit #jets

Aaron Berry already in regular season mode tackling Joe Collins after that catch. #nyj

Very spirited Jets practice. Mark Sanchez looks sharp in the short passing game thus far. #nyj

Jeff Cumberland posted a pic of him w/ his new baby earlier. Too precious! #nyj #jets http://t.co/QIE7Qahxmy

Interesting... Between plays Sanchez went back to consult with Santonio Holmes before getting back in the huddle. Sanchez 4 for 6 no INTs.

Geno clearly with the 2s here. Vlad at left tackle, Schlauderlaff also on the OL there. #nyj

Cromartie and Berry starting CBs, with Wilson at nickel. When Milliner is healthy, it'll be him and Cromartie. #Jets

Not charting passes, instead I'm charting how many times Kerley would've been destroyed, Demario Davis just made it number 3

#jets putting the first team d back out to face Geno Smith for a few plays.

Simms is working with 3rd team, again. This could be bad news for McElroy. #nyj

Second team o line consists of 4 rookies and Ducasse #NYJ

McElroy, again, not getting third team reps. #nyj

Matt Simms working ahead of Greg McElroy with third team. Same pegging order as we saw last week during open practice. #nyj

The D-line just dominated o-line in Geno's set, rushed & forced to hit check downs quick

For second straight open practice, Simms is the No. 3, McElroy No. 4. #Jets

Sanchez and Smith got 7 or so reps each. Then Simms was up, and McElroy got just one rep. Wide open? #Jets

Antonio Garay in pants off to the side. #nyj

Bush still rehabbing, so it makes sense that Allen is getting the majority of the safety reps today. Could be different story in camp. #nyj

Think I saw Mike Goodson working with McElroy's group. Had the catch on the one rep. #Jets

Goodson working in with Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez also. #Jets

Geno has had 2 possible INTs negated by a drop and a quick-handed receiver in 7s. #NFL #Jets

Offensive side of the ball, Ryan Spadola & Bilal Powell have looked good. Defensive side, Ricky Sapp & Aaron Berry stood out.

Sanchez just hit Hayden Smith w/ a really nice pass in traffic in 7-on-7's #jets

Zach Rogers w/ two straight drops, one in the flat the other wide open down the middle #Jets

Hayden Smith having a nice practice #NYJ

And the Aussie just made a beautiful catch, over the middle & a tad high but great extension & pulled it in as he went to the ground #jets

Hill not getting a ton of reps. The Jets WR corps looks pretty thin at the moment. TE Hayden Smith might be having best day. #Jets

Hayden Smith with two nice grabs today. Both leaping and full extension.

Geno is in again, D get quick penetration & Geno quickly checked to Zach Rogers in incredibly tight window, good snag by Rogers #jets

Geno isn't getting ANY time, first team D is dominating second string o-line #jets

Geno throws a nice 30 yard pass to Collins. #NYJ

But that pass, damn that was one pretty deep ball from Geno. Good read under pressure as well #jets

Marty Mornhinweg dialing up plenty of WR/RB screens today, an element missing from Jets offense last season. #nyj

Sanchez was 8/11 with a sack. Geno
    was 8/9 with a sack. #nyj

Mike Goodson runs a toss play, blazes around left corner. That's why they signed him -- speed.

#JetsOTA over. Two great catches for TE Hayden Smith today (thrown by Sanchez). And a NICE 30-yard pass from Geno to Joe Collins. #nyj #jets

Hard to say who looked better today, Geno was constantly pressured but made good, smart decisions. Sanchez looked good too & little pressure
    Last edited by Scoop24; 05-30-2013 at 12:14 PM.

All League
    Scoop for President.

All Pro
    Stephen hill looks bigger to me

Thanks man, I needed a news fix bad.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Mornhinweg is already banged up?!?! Dude's made of glass!

All Pro
    Looks like Matt Simms jumped McElroy on the depth chart

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Looks like Matt Simms jumped McElroy on the depth chart
    Someone just tweeted that they alternate the order of 3 and 4 and it just so happens that Simms went third the two days that the press was there. I would be surprised, but who knows?

All League
    Congrats to you, Papa Cumby.

Sounds like Goodson will stay a Jet.

also, Ducasse getting his last chance to prove his value.

Hall Of Fame
    I had no idea Zach Rogers was white.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Racist!

Practice Squad
    RichCimini Rich Cimini
    QB play much better that last wk: Geno Smith 8-for-9, w/ 1 drop and 2 sacks. Mark Sanchez, with starters, 8-for-12. No interceptions. #Jets
    5 minutes ago
    RichCimini Rich Cimini

Mike Goodson runs a toss play, blazes around left corner. That's why they signed him -- speed. #Jets
    7 minutes ago
    RichCimini Rich Cimini

TE Hayden Smith makes catch of day, leaping grab over middle on blitz beater by Sanchez. #Jets
    16 minutes ago
    RichCimini Rich Cimini

Cromartie and Berry starting CBs, with Wilson at nickel. When Milliner is healthy, it'll be him and Cromartie. #Jets
    about an hour ago
    RichCimini Rich Cimini

WR Stephen Hill looks fine in drills. #Jets need a healthy and improved Hill in '13. One of the keys to the offense.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Someone just tweeted that they alternate the order of 3 and 4 and it just so happens that Simms went third the two days that the press was there. I would be surprised, but who knows?
    McElroy is awful. Simms MAY be awful also, but I rather see more of him and I think the Coaches are thinking the same. If MM was even remotely impressed by what he saw from Mcelroy in film he would be getting ALL the 3rd team reps. Mcelroy will make a fine Assistant coach one day.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    racist

Second OTA in a row that Hayden Smith has stood out. Don't know much about his blocking abilities, but it would be nice if he can fill the void at TE left by Keller.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Seems to be a big emphasis on how badly Kerley would get "destroyed" following a catch. Is this anything new with receivers? I realize Kerley isn't the biggest guy, but he's hardly unique in that respect.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    Seems to be a big emphasis on how badly Kerley would get "destroyed" following a catch. Is this anything new with receivers? I realize Kerley isn't the biggest guy, but he's hardly unique in that respect.
    I read it as more of a dig at Sanchez

All Pro
    "Jay Z didn't recruit me," Geno Smith said when asked about NFLPA inquiry into his chosen agency. #Jets

Josh Bush had shoulder surgery in January. That is why he's in the non contact jersey #NYJ
    Last edited by Scoop24; 05-30-2013 at 12:18 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post
    Second OTA in a row that Hayden Smith has stood out. Don't know much about his blocking abilities, but it would be nice if he can fill the void at TE left by Keller.
    I think Hayden Smith is one of the wild cards. If he can be a factor in the passing game (i dont expect much from him in terms of blocking) then our offense has a chance. At 6'6 255lbs he has the potential to be a matchup nightmare.

All League
    If the Jets are releasing Sanchez, why isn't Geno getting first team reps?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    If the Jets are releasing Sanchez, why isn't Geno getting first team reps?
    making him earn it.