Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/30 OTA News &Notes OTA

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    If the Jets are releasing Sanchez, why isn't Geno getting first team reps?
    because they are not releasing sanchez despite what sg3 says. if they hand the team over to geno and release sanchez there would be no viable backup.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Colon, Peterman and Austin as 3/5ths of our starting offensive line is scary. Not quite sure what the Jets are doing with the offense. Weak skill positions to go with that line isn't a recipe for scoring points.

I sure hope Morninweg can work some magic with what he's being to given to work with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno also said he wouldn't be disappointed if he wasn't name the opening day starter. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post
    "Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton
    2) I keep saying that Hayden Smith is going to have a breakout year..."

LOL
    I love posters who are so quick to make fun of other people's opinions.

Hey JetExpress, who's laughing now dipsh!t.

"Hayden Smith having a nice practice #NYJ"

"And the Aussie just made a beautiful catch, over the middle & a tad high but great extension & pulled it in as he went to the ground #jets"

"Hayden Smith with two nice grabs today. Both leaping and full extension."

"#JetsOTA over. Two great catches for TE Hayden Smith today (thrown by Sanchez). And a NICE 30-yard pass from Geno to Joe Collins. #nyj #jets"

"TE Hayden Smith makes catch of day, leaping grab over middle on blitz beater by Sanchez. #Jets
    16 minutes ago
    RichCimini Rich Cimini"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    because they are not releasing sanchez despite what sg3 says. if they hand the team over to geno and release sanchez there would be no viable backup.
    SG3 is panicking...only one week left before we won't have to hear about Sanchez (or Buttfumble, or TTM, or Sensitive6) being released on June 4.

Both QBs playing well is a great thing for this team. Much rather see Geno muscle the starting job from Sanchez by outperforming him than to just be handed the gig.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scoop.

The competition seems like it it working. Even if Sanchez wins, Geno will be on the sidelines letting him know He is an INT away from losing his starting job.

I like the thought of a lot of screen plays on Offense. This is what good teams do to slow the pass rush.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Thanks Scoop.

The competition seems like it it working. Even if Sanchez wins, Geno will be on the sidelines letting him know He is an INT away from losing his starting job.

I like the thought of a lot of screen plays on Offense. This is what good teams do to slow the pass rush.
    Not to mention the fact that Ivory, McKnight and Goodson are all guys who operate well in space, unlike the Greene/Powell combination of last year.

With Holmes on the mend, Hill yet to show that he can blow the top off of defenses, and no threat at TE to speak of at the moment, this might be the most effective way for the team to pick up yards in chunks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    Seems to be a big emphasis on how badly Kerley would get "destroyed" following a catch. Is this anything new with receivers? I realize Kerley isn't the biggest guy, but he's hardly unique in that respect.
    Bad throw from the QB to lead your WR into a big shot

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Colon, Peterman and Austin as 3/5ths of our starting offensive line is scary. Not quite sure what the Jets are doing with the offense. Weak skill positions to go with that line isn't a recipe for scoring points.

I sure hope Morninweg can work some magic with what he's being to given to work with.
    i actually think that with our draft picks and the signing of Colon and Peterman, we have the best o-line than we've had since our last playoff run.

you can't have always have a "super unit" full of 1st rounders like we did back then, but sometimes quality depth is just as important.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Hard to say who looked better today, Geno was constantly pressured but made good, smart decisions. Sanchez looked good too & little pressure
    This is why Geno will win the QB competition.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    This is why Geno will win the QB competition.
    b/c we know how sanchez does with any kind of pressure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    If the Jets are releasing Sanchez, why isn't Geno getting first team reps?
    Your answer lies within your question.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Mornhinweg is already banged up?!?! Dude's made of glass!
    Let's hope he's at 100% by the start of the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Competition is good... sounds like it was a good practice... can't knock effort...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i actually think that with our draft picks and the signing of Colon and Peterman, we have the best o-line than we've had since our last playoff run.

you can't have always have a "super unit" full of 1st rounders like we did back then, but sometimes quality depth is just as important.
    +1

I think the hope is that Brian Winters starts ahead of Peterman, but they want him to earn it.

And I don't get the hate on Willie Colon. The question mark around him is his health, not his ability. If he stays healthy, he'll be nasty for us.

There are a couple of "ifs" with this unit, but if Colon stays healthy and Winters beats out Peterman, this O-Line could be really good.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I love posters who are so quick to make fun of other people's opinions.

Hey JetExpress, who's laughing now dipsh!t.

"Hayden Smith having a nice practice #NYJ"

"And the Aussie just made a beautiful catch, over the middle & a tad high but great extension & pulled it in as he went to the ground #jets"

"Hayden Smith with two nice grabs today. Both leaping and full extension."

"#JetsOTA over. Two great catches for TE Hayden Smith today (thrown by Sanchez). And a NICE 30-yard pass from Geno to Joe Collins. #nyj #jets"

"TE Hayden Smith makes catch of day, leaping grab over middle on blitz beater by Sanchez. #Jets
    16 minutes ago
    RichCimini Rich Cimini"
    Me thinks that May is a little early to be claiming the last laugh on Hayden Smith's breakout year. I'd love it too, but lets not start sucking his d*&$ just yet.

I'd call JetExpress more of a jerkoff then a dipsh!t.....but I see your point as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are not releasing Sanchez. No chance after Garrard retiring.

Glad to see Hill catching the ball with his hands. IMO Hill is the key. He can make things easier on everyone if he turns into a legit deep threat. Helps the running game and will open up things underneath for Kerley and Tone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    +1

I think the hope is that Brian Winters starts ahead of Peterman, but they want him to earn it.

And I don't get the hate on Willie Colon. The question mark around him is his health, not his ability. If he stays healthy, he'll be nasty for us.

There are a couple of "ifs" with this unit, but if Colon stays healthy and Winters beats out Peterman, this O-Line could be really good.
    Colon is a penalty machine, that's my only complaint

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Glad to see Hill catching the ball with his hands. IMO Hill is the key. He can make things easier on everyone if he turns into a legit deep threat. Helps the running game and will open up things underneath for Kerley and Tone.
    Agreed that Hill is the key to the WR corp. Everything falls into place if he steps it up.

Also, IMO, Garard never had a chance to unseat Sanchez. He served his purpose by being a warm, cheap, veteran body on the roster during the draft period.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    +1000

Talking about cutting Sanchez at this point is wasting your breath. He's 100% on the roster this year. Any remote chance he wouldn't be was erased the second Garrard retired. Smith, McElroy, and Simms have 1 combined NFL start between them and any other vet QB worth anything has already signed somewhere.

No question we need Hill to have an impact. When he was healthy and playing well last year our offense had a different dimension. Of all the young players with "potential" I think we need Hill to step up the most (even more than Coples.)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing how many people are writing off Hill. He basically had the identical rookie season to Demariyus Thomas