Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys Draft Board Leaked

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Cowboys Draft Board Leaked

Don't care all that much but they had Geno graded as a second rounder behind Nassib and Barkley and E.J. Manuel graded as a fourth rounder. But they have a pretty crappy GM in any event.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...-7-round-board
    Last edited by RIJetFan; 05-30-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting.

Dobson (NE 2d round) listed as a 5th rounder - and behind Josh Boyce, who the Pats took much later

Fluker and Justin Pugh graded in Rd 2, Kyle Long in Rd 3

Jets notes: Winters (4), Aboushi (5), Richardson behind Floyd.

Milliner was 4th overall on their board, Richardson 16, Smith 37, Winters 89, Aboushi 112.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Didn't their draft board leak a couple of years ago as well?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dallas Sucks!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Dallas Sucks!
    as a result of their drafting. VERY similar to ours the last few years except 2013.

Idziks draft was TOPS!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    as a result of their drafting. VERY similar to ours the last few years except 2013.

Idziks draft was TOPS!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy7sAuUy7f0

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Idziks draft was TOPS!
    Idk man romo,miles,murray,Witten are all pretty good finds .would start on our team.. There scouting dept has done pretty well finding gems.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Don't care all that much but they had Geno graded as a second rounder behind Nassib and Barkley and E.J. Manuel graded as a fourth rounder. But they have a pretty crappy GM in any event.

I'm curious if any team would have even picked Manuel in the 2nd round.. I think bills really reached, should have atleast traded down to end of 1st round. But this is why bills have been terrible the past 15 years..

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post

I agree with the draft board views on Geno and Manuel (tells you all you need to know about the Bills lol). From the beginning though i thought Nassib and Barkley were 4th rounders at best. The only qb that deserved legitimate thought at the back end of the 1st was Geno and I think most NFL teams would agree with me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    I'm curious if any team would have even picked Manuel in the 2nd round.. I think bills really reached, should have atleast traded down to end of 1st round. But this is why bills have been terrible the past 15 years..
    Lets say you have identified the next Tom Brady. You are sure he is The Guy!
    1) do you draft him the first chance that you get; or
    2) do you draft him based upon when you expect him to go?

I submit that smart teams are good at evaluating when to draft "their guy." The Bills aren't that team. Manuel wasn't going in the 1st round to any other team. Picking him that early was stupid.

Geno may or may not turn into "The Guy." But, the Jets didn't draft him before they had to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Idk man romo,miles,murray,Witten are all pretty good finds .would start on our team.. There scouting dept has done pretty well finding gems.
    ROMO, WITTEN old news, Miles and Murray. OK.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Lets say you have identified the next Tom Brady. You are sure he is The Guy!
    1) do you draft him the first chance that you get; or
    2) do you draft him based upon when you expect him to go?

I submit that smart teams are good at evaluating when to draft "their guy." The Bills aren't that team. Manuel wasn't going in the 1st round to any other team. Picking him that early was stupid.

Geno may or may not turn into "The Guy." But, the Jets didn't draft him before they had to.

Not sure about this -- it only takes one team to screw up a "smart" team's plans. If you truly think you have the next Tom Brady, you'd better take him in Round 1.

Can't think of a good NFL example off the top of my head, but one NBA example is when the Sonics drafted Shawn Kemp in the 1st round in the late 80's. At that time, NOBODY was drafting high school players in the 1st round, especially ones who had some off-court baggage and were not even the #1 player in the nation.

The Sonics could have easily traded back into the second round and still gotten Kemp. But why chance it? If you think the guy is going to be a multiple-time NBA all-star, you draft him with your first pick and that's that. Same goes for the NFL, IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Not sure about this -- it only takes one team to screw up a "smart" team's plans. If you truly think you have the next Tom Brady, you'd better take him in Round 1.

Can't think of a good NFL example off the top of my head, but one NBA example is when the Sonics drafted Shawn Kemp in the 1st round in the late 80's. At that time, NOBODY was drafting high school players in the 1st round, especially ones who had some off-court baggage and were not even the #1 player in the nation.

The Sonics could have easily traded back into the second round and still gotten Kemp. But why chance it? If you think the guy is going to be a multiple-time NBA all-star, you draft him with your first pick and that's that. Same goes for the NFL, IMO.
    Sean Kemp as your chosen example, while relevant, was a curveball.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not bad overall, but the QB rankings have to consider the $55 million guarantee they just handed Romo for one playoff victory, that makes the Sanchez contract seem ok

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with this post 100%

If you have a chance to get a difference maker you don't get cute, you go get him

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Basketball is not really a fair comparison because there is such a huge chasm between the first and second round. Most years, only one guy drafted will make the team. If your guy is available, you pretty much have to take him.

The Bills don't even seem to think Manuel is a sure thing. They took a huge risk when they didn't have to.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Basketball is not really a fair comparison because there is such a huge chasm between the first and second round. Most years, only one guy drafted will make the team. If your guy is available, you pretty much have to take him.

The Bills don't even seem to think Manuel is a sure thing. They took a huge risk when they didn't have to.
    Manuel has been working with the 3's in OTAs to this point. Kolb and Tavaris Jackson are getting almost all of the reps. It's still very early, but I think they plan on stashing him for the year. You'd think if they planned on starting him, they'd at least be giving him the 2nd team reps.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Manuel has been working with the 3's in OTAs to this point. Kolb and Tavaris Jackson are getting almost all of the reps. It's still very early, but I think they plan on stashing him for the year. You'd think if they planned on starting him, they'd at least be giving him the 2nd team reps.
    He might turn out to be good, but there was zero need to draft him at that spot. Nobody else in the NFL thought that he was "that much" better than the other QB's available. Most saw Geno as better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He might turn out to be good, but there was zero need to draft him at that spot. Nobody else in the NFL thought that he was "that much" better than the other QB's available. Most saw Geno as better.
    They probably could have traded down some more, but there was no guarantee that he'd be available at the end of the round. Sometimes, if you want a guy and he's half a round higher then you would like him, you take him rather then worry about "the chart".

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed.

No matter how brilliant the plan there are no guarantees when drafting. They can't possibly know he's the next franchise QB. They should have waited. Anyone who thinks we're a poor franchise just has to look at the Bills' moves the past few season to feel much better about us.