Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 86

Thread: Is Woody an Artistocrat?

  1. #61
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    All you need to create an aristocracy is the ability to preserve massive intergenerational wealth.
    You can't buy your way into nobility. Sorry about your ignorance. I hope that doesn't upset you.

    Aristocracy; a governing body or upper class usually made up of a hereditary nobility

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    there's this new thing called google. Perhaps you've heard of it?
    It's up to the person making the claim to prove it, anyway google is not a research tool, just because you found it on the internet doesn't make it true, except for Dick Cheney being a reptilian, that one is http://www.martialarts-alchemist.com...o-a-reptilian/

  3. #63
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    It was totally relevant to what I responded to. Not sure what you're not getting about this.
    not sure what you're not getting about the difference between three individuals and all democrats vs republicans

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nerdy Greedy Woody needs to sell our team.

  5. #65
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    What a d-bag.
    Wow, that's a personal attack based solely on a differing opinion and your lack of ability to research nor see news reports that said as much. Really nice show.

  6. #66
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,431
    Post Thanks / Like

  7. #67
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    One word PSL.


    That's an abbreviation of three words. Which means it isn't a word at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Nerdy Greedy Woody needs to sell our team.
    You need to stop making threads. You're awful. Sorry, but it's true.


  8. #68
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Why so Jealous. Just because he has money and you don't. Sorry but that is life. Instead of worrying about what someone else has, how about trying to better your own life, than crying like a little b$$%%.

    So be happy with your life , no matter what you do. As long as it honest and you can make a living. What's wrong with that.
    We have a winner.

    Too many fans shoo away owners as rich dooshes because they're rich. No sh1t, poor or everyday Joes don't own or buy sports franchises. Put on your big boy pants and accept it already.

    Woody spent $635 mil on the Jets, another $70 mil on training facilities and $300 mil+ on a stadium. But nitwits like shark think he's greedy because he wants to make some money back, ok.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post


    That's an abbreviation of three words. Which means it isn't a word at all.



    You need to stop making threads. You're awful. Sorry, but it's true.

    I own you.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    We have a winner.

    Too many fans shoo away owners as rich dooshes because they're rich. No sh1t, poor or everyday Joes don't own or buy sports franchises. Put on your big boy pants and accept it already.

    Woody spent $635 mil on the Jets, another $70 mil on training facilities and $300 mil+ on a stadium. But nitwits like shark think he's greedy because he wants to make some money back, ok.
    I don't care if he wants to make $. We as Jets fans care that we will never win a Superbowl with him as an owner.

  11. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    We miss the old Leon Hess.

  12. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody needs to stay out of the football side of things. Pay the bills and stay in the background.

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    I own you.
    Yes, your superior intellect and witty posting style have me unadulteratedly enthralled. Please, allow me to bask eternally in the glow of your winning internet persona.

  14. #74
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    not sure what you're not getting about the difference between three individuals and all democrats vs republicans
    I'd engage this conversation further if it wasn't obvious how when faced with facts you don't like, you resort to straw men and irrational attacks. There's plenty of informed people to discuss such topics with. Enjoy your evening.

  15. #75
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    Wow, that's a personal attack based solely on a differing opinion and your lack of ability to research nor see news reports that said as much. Really nice show.
    Might be time for a chill pill, Spam-Sig.

  16. #76
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I'd engage this conversation further if it wasn't obvious how when faced with facts you don't like, you resort to straw men and irrational attacks. There's plenty of informed people to discuss such topics with. Enjoy your evening.
    You are the definition of strawman. The discussion was about a few particular rich individuals, you choose to introduce the strawman of Republicans vs Democrats and their giving habits as if that has anything to do with the charitable giving of three rich individuals. Try to keep up.

  17. #77
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    You are the definition of strawman. The discussion was about a few particular rich individuals, you choose to introduce the strawman of Republicans vs Democrats and their giving habits as if that has anything to do with the charitable giving of three rich individuals. Try to keep up.
    It's also pretty clear that you are severely lacking in the category of reading comprehension. Not only did you miss the entire conversation and the context introduced by another poster, you've also shown you don't understand the meaning of the term straw man. So I'm done.
    Last edited by JetPotato; 06-02-2013 at 09:24 PM.

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,718
    Post Thanks / Like

  19. #79
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Thanks.
    Since that Boston link doesn't work, try this one

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...beral_giv.html

  20. #80
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    So you feel Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Aurthur Blank, Mark Cuban etc stole their money? Pray tell.
    You cannot earn $800,000,000. Sorry, it's just not possible. I'm not saying that the free market isn't the only system that works. I'm not even saying I begrudge these guys making as much as they can, but in order to make even a million dollars a year you have to be making money off of other peoples labor. Not your own. A well educated person that is very good at a marketable skill will earn around 100k per year. That's a measurable amount. In order to make a million dollars you would have to employ 20 people that earn 100k, and only pay them 50k per year. Now you get what I'm saying. In order to make enough to buy a sports franchise you have to find a way to profit off of a lot of people. The worst thing is that most of these guys don't even risk their own money. They use share holders, or banks, and when they fail they get bailed out by tax payers. That's why capitalism is failing, because it's not really a free market anymore. I'm a conservative, and that is because the government is by far and large the biggest culprit. In fact they don't earn any money. They just straight up take it, like a giant ponzi scheme. Smaller government, No federal taxes, just a federal sales tax. No monopolies. No lobbyists, or big donors for special treatment. No bailouts, just a true free market, where companies that get too big crumble under their own weight. That's what I believe in. I could go on all day, but everyone just takes sides, and they really don't care what the truth is. I learned long ago not to take it personally, or to worry about it. For now we have a pretty high standard of living. We can't change things anyway, so we might as well just do the best we can within the system.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 06-02-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us