Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is Woody an Artistocrat?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's true that most conservatives are more generous with their money. I've found that most liberals are angry, and bitter people. They don't seem to like humans in general. The fact of the matter is that they seem to hate rich people much more than they care about the poor. They want things to be fair, but you cannot make everyone rich so the only way to do it is to make the rich poor. If that were not the case they would be all for low cost energy, high yield crop production, and lowering corporate(Corporations do not pay taxes. They only pass them on to consumers.), and capitol gains taxes. Lowering taxes has been proven to increase revenue, by growing the economy. All of these things would lead to a better standard of living for everyone. They would lead to these unfortunates getting decent jobs to support themselves, and to build a better future for their families, instead of keeping them on welfare programs. Since the start of the Great Society all that has happened is there are more and more poor, and the war on poverty has only created generations of government dependents. This is why Democrats keep getting elected, and why Democrats have no desire to see their voting base succeed.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You cannot earn $800,000,000. Sorry, it's just not possible. I'm not saying that the free market isn't the only system that works. I'm not even saying I begrudge these guys making as much as they can, but in order to make even a million dollars a year you have to be making money off of other peoples labor. Not your own. A well educated person that is very good at a marketable skill will earn around 100k per year. That's a measurable amount. In order to make a million dollars you would have to employ 20 people that earn 100k, and only pay them 50k per year. Now you get what I'm saying. In order to make enough to buy a sports franchise you have to find a way to profit off of a lot of people. The worst thing is that most of these guys don't even risk their own money. They use share holders, or banks, and when they fail they get bailed out by tax payers. That's why capitalism is failing, because it's not really a free market anymore. I'm a conservative, and that is because the government is by far and large the biggest culprit. In fact they don't earn any money. They just straight up take it, like a giant ponzi scheme. Smaller government, No federal taxes, just a federal sales tax. No monopolies. No lobbyists, or big donors for special treatment. No bailouts, just a true free market, where companies that get too big crumble under their own weight. That's what I believe in. I could go on all day, but everyone just takes sides, and they really don't care what the truth is. I learned long ago not to take it personally, or to worry about it. For now we have a pretty high standard of living. We can't change things anyway, so we might as well just do the best we can within the system.
    You, my friend, just spat some for real knowledge

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It's true that most conservatives are more generous with their money. I've found that most liberals are angry, and bitter people. They don't seem to like humans in general. The fact of the matter is that they seem to hate rich people much more than they care about the poor. They want things to be fair, but you cannot make everyone rich so the only way to do it is to make the rich poor. If that were not the case they would be all for low cost energy, high yield crop production, and lowering corporate(Corporations do not pay taxes. They only pass them on to consumers.), and capitol gains taxes. Lowering taxes has been proven to increase revenue, by growing the economy. All of these things would lead to a better standard of living for everyone. They would lead to these unfortunates getting decent jobs to support themselves, and to build a better future for their families, instead of keeping them on welfare programs. Since the start of the Great Society all that has happened is there are more and more poor, and the war on poverty has only created generations of government dependents. This is why Democrats keep getting elected, and why Democrats have no desire to see their voting base succeed.
    Make that 2 knowledge bombs...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody has done some nice charitable work. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that its not solely for tax purposes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody there is no personal agenda against you. We want a Super bowl winner & you want a Tebow $$$ circus.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Make that 2 knowledge bombs...

Bob Lablaw law bomb