Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That T-Shirt Sanchez wore Yesterday...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    Wow, so much hyperbole from all angles. Most of us gave up on Mark last season (I thought after watching the 2nd half of the @MIA game that maybe he wasn't what we thought/hoped and rivals hated/feared he was in 2010). But that was a horrible OC, the same old failed QB coach, a thin OL, a thin WR corps with the talented ones dropping like flies and the less talented ones dropping everything.

This year IS Mark's last chance to be a starting NFL QB. He knows it. Coaching staff knows it. Fans that don't already want him gone also know it.

Don't boo the kid to kingdom come from the 1st f***ing snap... give the kid this one last chance with a better OL, healthy WRs, and a real OC, not an OL coach who tried to run a stale, predictable offense from the 1950s-70s or an OC who was clueless how to call a gameplan other than 2-3 times per year.

If he fails, we have Geno and McElroy to look at. But those guys would likely be rebuilding projects. This is Mark's last shot and give him a chance to prove he is worth a starting job and if he fails, we move on... sheesh.... man the hate for this guy is unreal.
    Completely agreed it'd be stupid to not support someone we are majorly financially tied to and has shown success in the past. However, I'm worried that he won't have the weapons at WR to save his career even if he played at the level he needs too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm ashamed to say he's the QB for my favorite team now- that headband makes him look like a girl (or a foreign soccer player). The first day of the Geno era cannot come soon enough!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    Completely agreed it'd be stupid to not support someone we are majorly financially tied to and has shown success in the past. However, I'm worried that he won't have the weapons at WR to save his career even if he played at the level he needs too.
    Ya give him a all star team like he had at USC and maybe he does ok how about we not settle for even a average qb? Because mark's best is only average.. The WR excuse is very weak.. Has nothing to do with fumbling, throw right into the hands of defenders.. Zero ability to read a defense.. He telegraphs his throws like a high school freshman qb.. He should improve this yr, because its hard to play worse than last yr.. He will not be on this team next year.. Geno will get a fair shot.. Mark had 4 years and he got worse not better..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Ya give him a all star team like he had at USC and maybe he does ok how about we not settle for even a average qb? Because mark's best is only average.. The WR excuse is very weak.. Has nothing to do with fumbling, throw right into the hands of defenders.. Zero ability to read a defense.. He telegraphs his throws like a high school freshman qb.. He should improve this yr, because its hard to play worse than last yr.. He will not be on this team next year.. Geno will get a fair shot.. Mark had 4 years and he got worse not better..
    It's easy to be a pessimist in any situation. I've always said it's easier to root against something that you knowingly has a low chance of success. However that doesn't it make the correct or most logical perspective. Unless your goal is to reward yourself for the blatant position.

In any event I don't think Brady is Brady or Rogers is Rogers with Chaz, Kerley and Clyde Gates. I really don't.

Also, you lack vision. Idzik hopes Sanchez works out almost entirely as much as he hopes Geno works out. (See Alex smith trade for a conceptual example)

The bolded reeks of coaching and development issues.

Yes, I'm aware Sanchez sucks and think the analysis Steve Young gave was pretty fair and balanced. It's fair to assume Sanchez could be done mentally.