Thread: TE Chris Pantale from BC looks solid...

TE Chris Pantale from BC looks solid...

I heard he's been doing well in OTA's so I decided to look him up again, he's not very fast but he looks like a real reliable target, at 6.5 254 he's right around the same size as Anthony Becht was, here's some highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8naokqYjRU

Jets Insider VIP
    He has very good hands and he was all the rage a few years ago at Boston College. That's what our QBs need is a solid TE that is a big target. Hope he makes the team.

Heard Hayden is coming along, too. If these two guys could be serviceable for us, that'd be a win for a position needing stability.

All League
    Big set of TEs currently on the roster

87 Cumberland, Jeff TE 6-4 260 26 Illinois
    81 Pantale, Chris TE 6-5 254 23 Boston College
    82 Smith, Hayden TE 6-6 255 28 Met. State - Denver

88 Reuland, Konrad TE 6-5 260 26 Stanford
    48 Shanahan, Mike TE 6-4 241 23 Pittsburgh

My favorite three are in bold.

Im a BC alum so Ive watched quite a bit of pantale and he really was never able to put everything together, and IMO not for any fault of his own.

BC really suffered from a lack of talent on the team the last few years and had 3 different offensive coordinators when pantale was there. He did have an above average QB but we really struggled protecting him the last 2 years and as soon as he got to his senior year and was ready to do something got hurt.

He should serve as an excellent blocking TE who can get down the seam - he isnt the athlete that Gronk is but is not an anthony becht by any stretch of the imagination.

One other note - the other guy we signed as an UDFA Mike Shanahan from Pitt is VERY intriguing. The kid was "big", possession receiver at pitt and had 30+ catches as a soph, 40+ as a junior and 60+ as a senior. He was too slow to get separation as an NFL WR, but was big enough at 230 that he put on 10 pounds (so far) and is trying to make it as an NFL H-Back/TE. Definitely the type of guy who we can hopefully stash on the PS and have gain weight, improve his blocking and become a real threat next season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Big set of TEs currently on the roster

87 Cumberland, Jeff TE 6-4 260 26 Illinois
    81 Pantale, Chris TE 6-5 254 23 Boston College
    82 Smith, Hayden TE 6-6 255 28 Met. State - Denver

88 Reuland, Konrad TE 6-5 260 26 Stanford
    48 Shanahan, Mike TE 6-4 241 23 Pittsburgh

My favorite three are in bold.
    Reuland is a decent TE. He can catch short to intermediate passes and blocks well. It would be tough to cut him for an unproven player. I like Pantale too though.