Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mornhinweg's task: Restart Sanchez

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my dream scenario: the defense leads the Jets to the playoffs, and Sanchez starts and plays slightly above average. He plays the whole year except for a minor injury that keeps him out for two games. The Jets win both those games and Geno plays great and shows that he's the real deal. The defense plays even better in the playoffs, Sanchez plays very well, and the Jets beat the 49ers in overtime for the championship. After the parades and the confetti are over, Idzik trades Sanchez to Cleveland for a 1st and a 3rd in 2014, and a 1st and a 4th in 2015.

Hey, when you dream, there are no limits, right?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    WRONG

It's far too early to consider Sanchez done

I don't care what year it is

The article lays this out perfectly
    This

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Good Lord.....I cannot recall the last time I saw so called fans have such dire hate for a player still currently on the team...yeah he stunk up the joint in 2012 but this is a new year with a real offensive system and better players....Smith is def the future but if sanchez plays well enough to win then great...no way I am rooting against a player....I root for the Jets and want the team to win regardless of who is under center. You come here and it's nonstop idiocy about buttfumbles....pics that mock sanchez etc.....as a fan that makes zero sense to me. If he is not good enough then the jets will move on.....this organization knows more about what to do that anyone on this board. If sanchez does win the job and plays well and the jets win then many of you will look like clowns.
    and this

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    This just in...

SANCHEZ WAS NEVER GOOD AND IT'S NOT GONNA CHANGE!
    I try and ignore posts like this that are so wrong, but I must respond. While he was never great, please don't tell me he was never good. He was good, he was getting better, he was the QB that led the Jets to the playoffs twice. He was the QB that had the Jets at 8-5 in 2011 (before the collapse).

Yes I know he was horrible many games, but he also had very good games. Does the team as a whole take any blame for the collapse of 2011? What about that stacked team last year? Were they to blame? What about Sparano and Rex? what about Tanny? Was it only Mark that sucked? I don't think so.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Lord.....I cannot recall the last time I saw so called fans have such dire hate for a player still currently on the team...yeah he stunk up the joint in 2012 but this is a new year with a real offensive system and better players....Smith is def the future but if sanchez plays well enough to win then great...no way I am rooting against a player....I root for the Jets and want the team to win regardless of who is under center. You come here and it's nonstop idiocy about buttfumbles....pics that mock sanchez etc.....as a fan that makes zero sense to me. If he is not good enough then the jets will move on.....this organization knows more about what to do that anyone on this board. If sanchez does win the job and plays well and the jets win then many of you will look like clowns.
    Good post freak.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    This just in...

SANCHEZ WAS NEVER GOOD AND IT'S NOT GONNA CHANGE!
    +1

Hopefully gone soon.

And then our offense can move forward

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he is good enough

If sanchez does win the job

If he plays well and the jets win

If my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle

If I win powerball I'll be rich

FIVE impossible dreams

Time to cease dreaming and praying for biblical miracles and face the TRUTH.

The Turnover Machine sucks and needs to go

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give Sanchez that he was playing with no one!
    I mean lets be serious, in one game he had Clyde Gates, a gimpy stone hands Hill & Reauland at TE, and the ever so slow to get out of the gate Greene.
    You could put Tom Brady, Payton Manning, or even Aaron Rogers & have a hard time winning.
    What I won't ignore is the blatant TOs, & inaccuracy when he was given time in the pocket.
    Bottom line is was really careless last year, throwing picks rolling to his right again & again, moving around in the pocket holding the ball like a loaf of bread,
    Running when he should have thrown the ball away, not running when he had 20 yards in front of him.
    He was a train wreck, one of the worst seasons for a QB ever in my opinion.
    And he moped like a ***** which really pissed me off!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    If he is good enough

FIVE impossible dreams

Yawn.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he is good enough

FIVE impossible dreams

I just love how you went point by point through the article and refuted what MM was saying based on sound football analysis.

Good Grief Man you are a way better poster than this!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    WRONG This is the first time sanchez has been challenged since he was a pro....this is also the first time that he has had a true competent OC...This is a complete new year.
    This is the first time he has had a competent OC since college. I think MM is arguably the best OC the franchise has had since Weiss was here in the late 90's.

The challenge part of the argument I do not buy into at all. He was challenged last year when he was benched last year. He still played like sh!t when he came back.

Best case scenario for the franchise is that Smith looks good during tc and preseason, yet Sanchez also plays well, wins the job and has a good season. In that scenario, the team has 2 nice options at QB and a decent asset that they can trade (whether that be Smith or Sanchez).

I was a Sanchez apologist for a LONG time. I liked him at USC and up until the SF game last year I always defended him on this board. But I can't sit here and ignore what my eyes have seen for the last 4 years. There is a possibility that he can turn it around and be a top 10 QB, but I would say that the odds of that happening are less than 10%. I think the odds of Smith developing into a top 10 QB are significantly higher.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    This is the first time he has had a competent OC since college. I think MM is arguably the best OC the franchise has had since Weiss was here in the late 90's.

The challenge part of the argument I do not buy into at all. He was challenged last year when he was benched last year. He still played like sh!t when he came back.

Best case scenario for the franchise is that Smith looks good during tc and preseason, yet Sanchez also plays well, wins the job and has a good season. In that scenario, the team has 2 nice options at QB and a decent asset that they can trade (whether that be Smith or Sanchez).

I was a Sanchez apologist for a LONG time. I liked him at USC and up until the SF game last year I always defended him on this board. But I can't sit here and ignore what my eyes have seen for the last 4 years. There is a possibility that he can turn it around and be a top 10 QB, but I would say that the odds of that happening are less than 10%. I think the odds of Smith developing into a top 10 QB are significantly higher.

Great Post!!

At the least the Jets have a real plan now and that should make all fans excited.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez can play better and let's hope he does. 2 seasons ago he produced the most TDs in franchise history. As a fan, I hope MM can build on that and develop Smith at the same time

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he is good enough

FIVE impossible dreams

You dream your aunt had testicles? heheh

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he is good enough

FIVE impossible dreams
    Well, one dream at least remotely possible. If your aunt decided to change sex...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez CAN play better than he has been. We all know that because we saw it with our own eyes a few years back. To me the question is "Will he play, good enough to be a serviceable QB this year?".

I am absolutely thrilled to have Mornhinweg as our OC and I think our offensive future is bright. I believe he is one of the few people who MIGHT be able to fix Sanchez, but I fear that train has already left the station. I do not think a "born again" Sanchez is impossible, but I am not holding my breath either.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Sanchez wins the job, then on Opening Day against the Bucs, I will be as big a Sanchez fan as there is.

But, between now and then, the thought of him winning the QB competition this summer scares me. We heard it all last summer, how dedicated he was to learning the Sparano offense and how good he looked in training camp. Then, in the pre-season, when the Jets couldn't score with the 1st team offense, we heard how the Jets didn't want to unveil the new offense, they were running a "vanilla" offense and fans shouldn't worry about the lack of production. The season would start and he/they would be fine. Then, the season started and he was fine, for about 5 quarters.

I don't want Sanchez to win the QB competition because of what I saw for the last two years, but that does not mean that I would root against him if he is in there when the games count.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am 55 years old, have rooted for the Jets since I was 9, and am entering my 33rd year of having season tickets. At this point, I could care less who the QB is as long as we get back to the Super Bowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as Sanchez learns how to keep his face out of his lineman's ass, I'm all good with giving him a fresh start with yet another new coaching staff. (-;

I'm sitting in Citifield right now at the All Star game meeting & will be a field coordinator for that game. A lot of Yankee fans here considering this is Mets stadium. Weird.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I just don't get what it does for you people to hate. Someone explain it to me.
    People hate because they buy into all the hype that just because we drafted a QB high he's going to lead us to the promised land. People believe a head coach when he "guarantees" something that can never be guaranteed. People believe because they've been starved for so long that they'll cling to whatever hope someone is selling.

When that belief turns out to be misplaced, they get angry about being misled / lied to - rather than accepting they set their expectations too high. Someone has to be blamed, and the three most likely candidates are the QB, the OC and the HC. QB is easiest to blame as it was him that threw the INTs, fumbled, missed the open guy etc. Though some prefer to hate on the HC.

That anger only gets appeased when the target of the hate gets run out of town, and the next guy comes along with the accompanying hype ... and so it repeats until we one day win a championship. (Hey, I can hope can't I? )