Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I The Only One?

Am I The Only One?

Am I the only one that feels this team can surprise people this year? This year reminds me of 2006 way too much. We won 6 games last year with literally with the worst offense in recent memory. The defense is much faster this time around, and the D-line has the potential to be one of the best we have had in recent memory. If Marty can somehow turn Sanchez around or groom Geno, I don't see why this team can't win 8-9 games. This team can thrive with 0 outside expectations.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Even the totally sh*t teams win 4 games what would be 4 more? This team is going absolutely nowhere till the Qb situation is straightened out, period.

Jets Insider VIP
    We had Chad Pennington in 2006.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Am I the only one that feels this team can surprise people this year? This year reminds me of 2006 way too much. We won 6 games last year with literally with the worst offense in recent memory. The defense is much faster this time around, and the D-line has the potential to be one of the best we have had in recent memory. If Marty can somehow turn Sanchez around or groom Geno, I don't see why this team can't win 8-9 games. This team can thrive with 0 outside expectations.
    No, you're not the only homer and kool-Aid drinker on this board.

Well, that's fine when you are coming off a 4-12 or 6-10 season, to eak into the playoffs and be one and done. But consider just two seasons ago we were knocking on the SB door and this optimism is a little harder to swallow.

As it pertains to the start of the Idzik regime, it would be good news and encouraging for the future. But I still want to see that tenacious, brash, in your face mentality of the 2009 and 2010 Jets back again. Then, I'll know things are really looking up.

Yes I agree, this team can surprise people but it will be on the back of our defense and not handing the ball to the other team constantly. If things go right they can go 8-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    No, you're not the only homer and kool-Aid drinker on this board.
    LMAO, far from a homer. It's called being a realist. We won 6 games with a injured, non talented team last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yep who can forget his wonderful 17 td 16 pick season.. Was it that 18th ranked offense or the 6th ranked defense that was more of a factor??

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    making it even more of a miracle that they made the playoffs.

Define "surprise people" please? A bad team winning 8 games isn't a suprise, it's a lucky break, a few lucky bounces and occasional decent play.

A suprise would be 12 wins.

Anything between 5 and 8 wins would be expected.

Frankly, 2 wins (or less) would be more suprising in today's NFL than 8 oe 9 wins would be.

So yes, I think the Jets could win 8 games, as easily as they could win 5, 6 or 7. I don't think they wn only 2, and I don't think they win 12, so now, I doubt I'll be suprised.

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought this might be a melissa etheridge thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Define "surprise people" please? A bad team winning 8 games isn't a suprise, it's a lucky break, a few lucky bounces and occasional decent play.

A suprise would be 12 wins.

Anything between 5 and 8 wins would be expected.

Frankly, 2 wins (or less) would be more suprising in today's NFL than 8 oe 9 wins would be.

So yes, I think the Jets could win 8 games, as easily as they could win 5, 6 or 7. I don't think they wn only 2, and I don't think they win 12, so now, I doubt I'll be suprised.
    I've seen predictions forecasting 2-4 wins this year.

You're not the only one. Call it offseason optimism (which is probably all it is), but I'm definitely expecting a better team than what was on the field last year.

I'd actually compare it to '09 before '06. I don't have long-term faith in Sanchez as QB of this team, but if he gets the starting nod, can he be better than he was as a rookie? I think that's a reachable (if pathetically low) goal.

If you look at the other positions, where were the Jets markedly better in '09 than they are now, other than at the OL?

Receivers = wash. That team opened up 3-0 with a rookie QB throwing to Cotchery and Stuckey.
    RBs = downgrade, but by how much? Ivory has more talent than a 30+ TJ and Greene. Can he stay healthy?
    Defense = The LBs were better in '09, but the Jets DL is FAR superior to that unit when you consider Jenks wasn't really a factor. And while Revis was dominant in '09, there was no one behind him and it showed.

To be clear, I do believe the '09 team had more impactful talent, but I also think the Jets should get better (possibly much better) QB play this year than they had then.

Jets Insider VIP
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if we win 8 or 9 games this year.

There's no way that the offense can be any worse than it was last year and the only somewhat significant player that we lost on defense is Landry (seeing as that Revis didn't even play the majority of the season).

We've added a much needed jolt of speed and athleticism to the front seven (Barnes, Davis, Richardson) and improved the running game pretty significantly IMO.

What it all really comes down to is if we can get some respectable QB play out of Geno or Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Even the totally sh*t teams win 4 games what would be 4 more? This team is going absolutely nowhere till the Qb situation is straightened out, period.
    Classic picture.

I agree, until we find a qb this team is not winning much.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if we win 8 or 9 games this year.

There's no way that the offense can be any worse than it was last year and the only somewhat significant player that we lost on defense is Landry (seeing as that Revis didn't even play the majority of the season).

We've added a much needed jolt of speed and athleticism to the front seven (Barnes, Davis, Richardson) and improved the running game pretty significantly IMO.

What it all really comes down to is if we can get some respectable QB play out of Geno or Sanchez.
    Sure it can. Sanchez/Geno and the rest don't grasp Marty's scheme. Or, they're the wrong personnel to run it well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Sure it can. Sanchez/Geno and the rest don't grasp Marty's scheme. Or, they're the wrong personnel to run it well.
    Question Borgo have you ever had a positive thought concerning the team?? And saying your "Positive" the team will suck doesn't count..

I've seen predictions forecasting 2-4 wins this year.
    Then, IMO, you're reading the wrong predictions from ill informed people.

It is VERY hard to lose 14 of 16 in the NFL in 2013. This is a league of parity.

6 to 9 wins is to be expected. 5 isn't outside the possible. 4 or less, or 10 or more, would be equally suprising IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Question Borgo have you ever had a positive thought concerning the team?? And saying your "Positive" the team will suck doesn't count..
    When warranted, of course. Plenty of times. I was all in on our two AFCCG runs (until we augered in both times.)

But the last few years, it's been slim pickins (sic) around here. IMO, thinking this year's team will be anything but awful is refusing to see what's right in front of our eyes.

All League
    Charter JI Member

13-3....you heard it here first.....