Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY POST RIDICULES MIKE FRANCESA

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Usually he just shoulders the criticism about Chaddy cakes..
    lol zing!

Francessa deserves everything coming his way. The way he treats the callers, conducts interviews, and his love of bashing the Mets and Jets. The time has come for him to move on. As time goes on he gets angrier and angrier.

It's a shame that New York doesn't have a good afternoon sports talk radio show.

Francessa is just angry and is a tough listen.

Michael Kay I just can't stand. I like LaGreca and would love him to have a show but Michael Kay is brutal as a sports talk host.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    WFAN is horrible. Commercials, 20/20 sports flashes and almost zero sports talk and when there is sports talk it's usually some no-energy, know nothing loser like Paige or Giants fans like Fatso and Malussis who hate the Jets.
    "No-energy" describes Mike to a T. His on-air tone is so droning and lethargic that you get the sense that he views his job as an insufferable chore. The best is when you flip to the station while he's mid-thought -- 10 seconds of dead air could easily pass by. It's not exactly riveting.

That's why his regular callers are such bores too. "Hey Mike, just wanted to wish you a happy early 4th of July. Wanted to get your thoughts on who you would put on the Mt. Rushmore of Yankee left fielders. I'll hang up and listen."

And that point you've fallen asleep and crashed into a tree.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    It's a shame that New York doesn't have a good afternoon sports talk radio show.

Michael Kay I just can't stand. I like LaGreca and would love him to have a show but Michael Kay is brutal as a sports talk host.
    Agree - the sports talk desert in the busiest ratings hour in the biggest media market in the country is bizarre. They're both unlistenable. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to find someone tolerable, never mind good, with the availability of talent here. But LaGreca will never be more than a second banana.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

There is nothing Jets related in the article. Please dump, move to garbage or close thread please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    "No-energy" describes Mike to a T. His on-air tone is so droning and lethargic that you get the sense that he views his job as an insufferable chore. The best is when you flip to the station while he's mid-thought -- 10 seconds of dead air could easily pass by. It's not exactly riveting.

That's why his regular callers are such bores too. "Hey Mike, just wanted to wish you a happy early 4th of July. Wanted to get your thoughts on who you would put on the Mt. Rushmore of Yankee left fielders. I'll hang up and listen."

Fatso has his core of callers who are either 80 years and retired or 30 and permanently unemployed who call in everyday and suck on his big, fat jelly ass.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post

+1

Kay is a waste of time when it's not baseball season. He knows nothing about football and the NBA. Fatso is so wrapped up in his narcissism and Rex-hatred he's no longer interesting.

His show has been garbage ever since Russo left. Not because Russo was some sort of gem, but frankly because Francesa couldn't hang up on him when he countered any of Mike's "points". Now Francesa is just a blowhard with a ton of (usually wrong) opinions on everything, while ridiculing and hanging up on anyone who points out his mistakes or a conflicting view. My personal favorite was how he went on a huge rant after the SD playoff gasme when a caller mentioned the Jets were playing zone defense in the first half and then switched back to man coverage in the second. It was obvious not only by watching the game, but for the fact Rex actually pointed that out in his postgame press conference as the reason they struggled in the first half and subsequently shut them down in the second. Francesa completely berated the guy for even considering the Jets played zone, pretty much called him an idiot and hung up on him when the guy was just bringing up a factual reason why the Jets played better in the second half.

Russo ironically is now just as bad on his own as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    His show has been garbage ever since Russo left. Not because Russo was some sort of gem, but frankly because Francesa couldn't hang up on him when he countered any of Mike's "points". Now Francesa is just a blowhard with a ton of (usually wrong) opinions on everything, while ridiculing and hanging up on anyone who points out his mistakes or a conflicting view. My personal favorite was how he went on a huge rant after the SD playoff gasme when a caller mentioned the Jets were playing zone defense in the first half and then switched back to man coverage in the second. It was obvious not only by watching the game, but for the fact Rex actually pointed that out in his postgame press conference as the reason they struggled in the first half and subsequently shut them down in the second. Francesa completely berated the guy for even considering the Jets played zone, pretty much called him an idiot and hung up on him when the guy was just bringing up a factual reason why the Jets played better in the second half.

Russo ironically is now just as bad on his own as well.
    Russo sounds lost on Sirius because he's trying to do a national show but he only knows about NY-area sports and, ofcourse, his beloved tennis. I didn't like the move of adding Adam Schein to the Mad Dog channel either he is a bore and the morning show with idiot former Mets GM is irritating almost as bad as Bonehead and Carton.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Malussis readily admits to being a Redskins fan.
    I don't mind Moose all that much since he was truthful enough to ADMIT that and not PRETEND to be a NY Sports fan.

He would probably prefer to be doing sportstalk radio in Redskin country right now....

WFAN has some good hosts but they are on at different times or they go elsewhere so they can make a name for themselves. I would love to hear them replace some of the other guys but not happening. Be great to have Beningo and Roberts do the afternoon (like they do during the summer) and have Adam the Bull or someone else come in and do 10-1. Would love to see that but probably won't happen.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post

Shirley, you don't mean he's

All Pro
    The thing with Francesca is the more people hate him or complain the more people will listen in to hear what he has to say. Its a love - hate relationship. He believes that what he is saying is true, so until proven wrong he will continue. His producers are just as at fault. Make sure that while he is making inaccurate statements you get him the correct information. I still laugh at the fact that he was underplaying the Blizzard of February 2013. He was yelling at callers that weather.com had Long Island getting only 9" snow and it will be nothing. Meanwhile they got 3 x that.
    I also remember two Jet things with him other than the way he kills them now. Back in 2002 or 2003 the Jets started the fee to be on the waiting list for tickets. He grilled I believe Tannenbaum or Bradway at camp on the air until they said ok we will not waive it.

Back in 1998 he was Parcells buddy and he attended home games for the Jets and sat in the same seat. I was in the lot with my dad prior to the Jacksonville playoff game and he is ranting on the air that he wants the same tickets he has sat in past becuase they are lucky. So much that he said to people listening if you know the people in these seats tell them I will get them other seats. Then in Denver after Jets go up 10-0 Mike said he turned to his wife and said we are going to Super Bowl.

He is phony. He is a Yankee fan and a Jet hater.

Jets Insider VIP
    why does anyone listen to the fat turd?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I don't mind Moose all that much since he was truthful enough to ADMIT that and not PRETEND to be a NY Sports fan.

He would probably prefer to be doing sportstalk radio in Redskin country right now....
    But its pretty evident that he hates pretty much every NY team...he has market envy or something. No wonder why this douche can't get a regular time slot when normal people are awake, it's because he sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    But its pretty evident that he hates pretty much every NY team...he has market envy or something. No wonder why this douche can't get a regular time slot when normal people are awake, it's because he sucks.
    Not true. Which is why someone said he's a Giants fan. He's never hated the Knicks, Nets or the hockey teams.