Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could you imagine if a NY Jet was pulling this...

Jets Insider VIP

Could you imagine if a NY Jet was pulling this...

Okay so normally I hate the "Imagine if" scenario threads but I saw this today and just had to post it.

Looks like Cruz is trying to get a reality show for himself. Im just curious to see how the media treats this, because we all know it would be damn near the end of the world if a Jets player did this.

Also, I find it pretty funny that the Giants 2 WR Cruz and Nicks are both skipping OTA's. Where is the media outrage?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1360179

The Giants have won two SBs in the past 8 years. And 4 in the last 30. With a team like that, the assumption is "they'll get their distractions in order."

If Keyshawn had said this the summer after the '98 season, there would be an equal amount of outrage. Because Parcells was his head coach, and the team was coming off a season where they were 20-something minutes from the Super Bowl.

Winning cures all, including bad press.

Hall Of Fame
    Cruz getting a reality show makes no less sense than some of the other shows that have been handed out.

Hall Of Fame
    I heard he and Geno have the same agent.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Okay so normally I hate the "Imagine if" scenario threads but I saw this today and just had to post it.

Looks like Cruz is trying to get a reality show for himself. Im just curious to see how the media treats this, because we all know it would be damn near the end of the world if a Jets player did this.

Also, I find it pretty funny that the Giants 2 WR Cruz and Nicks are both skipping OTA's. Where is the media outrage?

I don't know what's going on with Nicks exactly but Cruz is in the middle of a contract dispute - he has not signed his RFA tender because he wants a long term contract. I am sure most people expect, under those circumstances, that he would skip OTA's.

The Giants get a pass on a lot of things the Jets would get crushed for because they have 4 rings in the last 24 years or so - 2 of which have come in the last 6 years.

When you have that kind of success as a franchise, you get a pass on a lot of the nonsense the media would normally gripe about.

That being said, I am sure a reality TV show, particularly if it interferes with training camp and the regular season, will not sit well with the Giants front office.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-03-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Awesome thread.

I can just imagine him ending each show with that salsa dance of his.

You are correct, Ray. "Awesome Thread", indeed.

People still watch reality shows?
    Is the Macarena back too?

and I have got to squeeze in some training in there before the season starts

Don't put yourself out Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Postseason View Post
    and I have got to squeeze in some training in there before the season starts

Don't put yourself out Cruz
    The only training he is doing is "squeezing in" the millions of dollars he will end up getting under his mattress.

I'm not totally sure that's true, I think Revis was doing a reality show based on his recovery, there wasn't a whole bunch of noise about that. And, again, the Giants won a Super Bowl 2 seasons ago, and have won 2 in the last 10 years. That gives you a lot of leeway. The Jets have appeared in 2 conference championship games in that period and have regressed (fairly badly) over the past 2 seasons.

Jets Insider VIP

Agreed, he should ask K. Rhodes if it's ok to use his 'Hollywood' moniker. I'm guessing the Giants knew his head wasn't all in football which is why they havent rushed to sign the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Awesome thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I can just imagine him ending each show with that salsa dance of his.

You are correct, Ray. "Awesome Thread", indeed.

So we're not allowed to post stuff that isn't Jets related? No wonder why some don't post here, with people like this pissing vinegar all over every thread.

Exhibit A on why I can't listen to Francesa. Doubt he's even close to the "disgust" he showed when it came down to Revis not being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

So we're not allowed to post stuff that isn't Jets related? No wonder why some don't post here, with people like this pissing vinegar all over every thread.

That's what we have the HANGAR for.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    That's what we have the HANGAR for.....
    you're right.

what we really need is a good, prolonged discussion about one Braylon Edwards

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    you're right.

David Clowney would get 50 grabs this year. Letting and Edwards and Clowney go was ludicrous.

All Pro
    I am sorry to see this. I love Cruz as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    David Clowney would get 50 grabs this year. Letting and Edwards and Clowney go was ludicrous.
    what about Ratty?? no need to draft Sanchez when we had our franchise QB all along!

START THE RAT!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    you're right.

Braylon is Jets-related.

Has this been posted? ...

Victor Cruz says he's not in talks for reality show, rips New York media
    By Will Brinson | NFL Writer
    June 3, 2013 11:16 am PT

Earlier Monday we told you Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz was involved in talks to produce a reality television show. Might want to pump the brakes on that one.

Cruz himself was quoted by the New York Daily News discussing the reality show (or at least discussing something in the realm of a show, it seemed). But later Monday he tweeted he is "never EVER doing a reality show" and isn't talking about it.

You'll also notice the hashtag on Cruz's tweet. That's a shot at the New York media, in case you can't read.

What's interesting about the decision to send that tweet is Cruz probably doesn't want the New York media on his back right now. He's hanging out, not signing his RFA tender and having reportedly turned down about $7 million a year from the Giants.

But even if he manages to get the media riled up and ready to look for his missteps, by avoiding the reality show he's doing himself a favor with fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    He's definitely in line for a spot on Dancing with the Stupids