Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Who's the pick

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Who's the pick

    It's may 2014 and the Jets have the 4th or 5th pick in the draft. The usual top 2 suspects are gone, and the media and fan base are clammoring for the Jets to give their starting QB (whoever he is) a playmaker on offense.


    Who's your pick :

    If he stays healthy all year, my pick would be Taylor Lewan, OT,Michigan

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marqise Lee

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sammy Watkins

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Marqise Lee
    I think Lee is a better player right now than Watkins, but I prefer how Watkins physical tools project to the next level.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would like to see stud WR picked.. Then Oline, LB,S, used for 2nd, 3rd, 3rd.. More curious about what izdik can do in FA next year, should have lot of cap space, especially when cut Sanchez, Harris, Holmes?

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    When will it ever enter the understanding of Football fans that an Unprotected QB can't get his weapons the football if he's injured or lying on his back.

    You use your 1st round pick on premium position players every year even if it's at a position already manned by a quality starter.The Chiefs just did it, when they took Fisher even thou they had a starting LT already on the roster.


    In 2 yrs, you already have a solid starter at either LT or RT if u draft Lewan. You can have your WR in the 2nd round if need be or just maybe by that time Hill would have established himself or someone else hopefully steps forward.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want who ever the best RB is. Lache Seastrunk Ka'Deem Carey, James Wilder Jr. are all going to be stud RBs if they declare IMO.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony Barr

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lee or Watkins.

    We need a real #1 in the absolute worst way.

    We haven't had one since Coles. And he would be a shaky #1 at best. Thats fukn pathetic.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Lee or Watkins.

    We need a real #1 in the absolute worst way.

    We haven't had one since Coles. And he would be a shaky #1 at best. Thats fukn pathetic.
    Lee scares me a little bit. USC has not had an all pro WR come out in a long time (Keyshawn?)

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    When will it ever enter the understanding of Football fans that an Unprotected QB can't get his weapons the football if he's injured or lying on his back.

    You use your 1st round pick on premium position players every year even if it's at a position already manned by a quality starter.The Chiefs just did it, when they took Fisher even thou they had a starting LT already on the roster.


    In 2 yrs, you already have a solid starter at either LT or RT if u draft Lewan. You can have your WR in the 2nd round if need be or just maybe by that time Hill would have established himself or someone else hopefully steps forward.
    This is silly. We already have a stud LT in Brick and my guess is they lock up Howard long term after this season as a well above average RT. If Lewan is the best player available, so be it - but if either Lee or Watkins projects as a Julio Jones/A.J. Green type, the added value of that type of a weapon is far more significant than the incremental upgrade from Howard to Lewan.

    Of course, if Howard flops in year two, or isn't signed long term, Lewan becomes a viable option. But assuming the likely course plays out, a stud WR or pass rusher trumps a third OT.

    And whoever said RB, you're crazy. Unless it's Adrian Peterson, drafting a RB early in round 1 is a dumb, dumb move. The game has changed too much and RB careers are too short to make them worth investing a premium pick on.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    This is silly. We already have a stud LT in Brick and my guess is they lock up Howard long term after this season as a well above average RT. If Lewan is the best player available, so be it - but if either Lee or Watkins projects as a Julio Jones/A.J. Green type, the added value of that type of a weapon is far more significant than the incremental upgrade from Howard to Lewan.

    Of course, if Howard flops in year two, or isn't signed long term, Lewan becomes a viable option. But assuming the likely course plays out, a stud WR or pass rusher trumps a third OT.

    And whoever said RB, you're crazy. Unless it's Adrian Peterson, drafting a RB early in round 1 is a dumb, dumb move. The game has changed too much and RB careers are too short to make them worth investing a premium pick on.
    I agree 100%. Howard is still developing as a player, look how Brandon Moore progressed throughout his career. What the team needs more than anything is elite talent at the skill positions. If the Jets made a run at Jimmy Graham in FA and drafted Lee or Watkins in round 1, the team suddenly has a nice set of talent at the skill positions.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    This is silly. We already have a stud LT in Brick and my guess is they lock up Howard long term after this season as a well above average RT. If Lewan is the best player available, so be it - but if either Lee or Watkins projects as a Julio Jones/A.J. Green type, the added value of that type of a weapon is far more significant than the incremental upgrade from Howard to Lewan.

    Of course, if Howard flops in year two, or isn't signed long term, Lewan becomes a viable option. But assuming the likely course plays out, a stud WR or pass rusher trumps a third OT.

    And whoever said RB, you're crazy. Unless it's Adrian Peterson, drafting a RB early in round 1 is a dumb, dumb move. The game has changed too much and RB careers are too short to make them worth investing a premium pick on.
    All 3 of those guys are going to be beasts in the NFL. We improved at RB but if a stud like that is on the board at RB it is a no brainer. Top ten backs are few and far between. Dont let Bush, Benson, and Cat Williams give you the wrong impression. The 05 draft was the exception not the rule. All of those guys have stud potential. Trent went 3 last year and Martin and Wilson both made the late 1st. Not one of which have more potential then the 3 backs I listed. Great RBs still have high value we just havent seen a whole lot of them and the ones we have have had attitude issues or injuries coming out of college because they work them too much. This could be the strongest top end RB class I have seen sense 07 when AP and Lynch both looked like studs. Either way this team need to get away from these crappy 3-4 RBs.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 06-05-2013 at 12:35 AM.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also just to make a point over the last 5-6 years who have been your most dominate RBs?

    LT 1st
    AP 1st
    Steven Jackson 1st
    CJ 1st
    Portis 2nd
    MJD 2nd
    Thomas Jones 1st
    Turner 5th
    DWil 1st
    Lynch 1st
    Gore 3rd
    Ray Rice 2nd

    I can name more great QBs taken out side of the 2nd the RBs. Sure a lot of OK top 16 for a few years guys but very few stud RBs are found outside of the 2nd round. Charles and Foster are not the new norm.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Anthony Barr
    Barr for me too

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seferian-Jenkins! No doubt!


    Paradis finally gets his!!

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Seferian-Jenkins! No doubt!


    Paradis finally gets his!!
    We're signing Jimmy Graham next year, bro.

    Jimmy Graham and Marqise Lee with Ivory in the backfield.

    That's how you set up a young QB to succeed.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Wanna know why Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are as good as they are regardless of who you give them at the skill positions.


    They never get touched .


    On the rare occasions when they do get touched, they look just like every other QB in the league we all criticize.

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Wanna know why Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are as good as they are regardless of who you give them at the skill positions.


    They never get touched .


    On the rare occasions when they do get touched, they look just like every other QB in the league we all criticize.
    I really don't understand your hate for Brick.

    If we're picking in the Top 10 next year and take an OT when we already have one of the best LT's in the game and a serviceable RT in Howard, then it would be beyond retarded.

    We already have two pro-bowlers along the OL and just invested 3 more draft picks into the unit, one of which was a Top 75 pick and is widely considered a Day 1 starter (Winters).

    Not to mention Aboushi was highly regarded by many as a developmental OT.

    Next years offseason is all about adding some playmakers.

    $40-50 million in cap space to play with and a draft that is much more top heavy at the skill positions.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Would like to see stud WR picked.. Then Oline, LB,S, used for 2nd, 3rd, 3rd.. More curious about what izdik can do in FA next year, should have lot of cap space, especially when cut Sanchez, Harris, Holmes?
    Orakpo.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us