Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's the pick

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I really don't understand your hate for Brick.

If we're picking in the Top 10 next year and take an OT when we already have one of the best LT's in the game and a serviceable RT in Howard, then it would be beyond retarded.

We already have two pro-bowlers along the OL and just invested 3 more draft picks into the unit, one of which was a Top 75 pick and is widely considered a Day 1 starter (Winters).

Not to mention Aboushi was highly regarded by many as a developmental OT.

Next years offseason is all about adding some playmakers.

$40-50 million in cap space to play with and a draft that is much more top heavy at the skill positions.
    What exactly would the Jets do if God forbid, Brick should come up injured ? Let me refresh your memory before you answer. What did the Jets do when Nick Mangold got injured ?
    What Exactly is the problem with doing on offense what you did on defense. In the draft next yr, guys like Lewan and Mathews are better prospects than any other offensive player not name Bridgewater .

You guys have no idea how happy i am we didn't draft Tavon Austin especially where it is said we wanted to take him.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 06-10-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    What exactly would the Jets do if God forbid, Brick should come up injured ? Let me refresh your memory before you answer. What did the Jets do when Nick Mangold got injured ?
    What Exactly is the problem with doing on offense what you did on defense. In the draft next yr, guys like Lewan and Mathews are better prospects than any other offensive player not name Bridgewater .

You guys have no idea how happy i am we didn't draft Tavon Austin especially where it is said we wanted to take him.
    LOL

You don't invest a Top 10 pick in a player to act as insurance for your pro-bowl LT.

And as I just said, we just drafted Aboushi who was a standout LT at Virginia and has the ability to play both the left and right sides. There's your D'Brick insurance.

Also, Tavon Austin isn't NEARLY the receiver prospect that Marqise Lee is.

Austin is a glorified slot receiver who was pushed up the boards in one of the weakest 1st rounds in recent memory.

Lee has A.J. Green/Julio Jones upside.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

You don't invest a Top 10 pick in a player to act as insurance for your pro-bowl LT.

And as I just said, we just drafted Aboushi who was a standout LT at Virginia and has the ability to play both the left and right sides. There's your D'Brick insurance.

Also, Tavon Austin isn't NEARLY the receiver prospect that Marqise Lee is.

Austin is a glorified slot receiver who was pushed up the boards in one of the weakest 1st rounds in recent memory.

Lee has A.J. Green/Julio Jones upside.

No, but you invest a top 10 pick in a player who has the ability to start from day 1 at LT even if that player starts his career at RT. If the OT we take in the top 10 is as good as i think he is, then i would tather pay that player 1st round money instead of paying it to Austin Howard if he proves worthy especially when Howard is going to be a free agent again next offseason.

Thinking ahead is something good GMs do and something that's been lacking on the Jets for years. If Howard proves worthy of an extension and u draft a better prospect with greater longterm potential, then Howard becomes an asset you can move for future consideration.

If Milliner becomes an all pro, what will be said of the trade of Revis considering the cap money we saved by not resigning him. Now throw in the prospect of Richardson becoming a player and tell me itwasn't worth doubling up at CB and DT instead of drafting for a need like Eiffert or what ever receiver the fans wanted.

You always draft the BPA more so at premium positions even at a strength and especially in the high 1st round.

OH, and

Marqise Lee, WR
    6-0, 195, Southern California with an estimated 40 time of 4.5.

Julio Jones, Wr
    6-3, 220, Falcons, With a measured 40 time of under 4.40

A J Green, Wr
    6-4, 207, Bengals, with a measured 40 time of also under 4.40

Lee maybe a top flight College WR, but he doesn't have the speed and size of those 2 guys.