Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smith or Sanchez via Bleacher Report

Jets Insider VIP

Smith or Sanchez via Bleacher Report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-otas/page/23

I think this guy puts it short and sweet. I agree!

"Mark Sanchez is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. Geno Smith is a rookie with a ton of potential.

Give the kid the starting job and let's move on."

Bleacher Report

*click* Next thread.

(That site is about as reliable as ESPN reporting "breaking news")

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Bleacher Report

*click* Next thread.

(That site is about as reliable as ESPN reporting "breaking news")

Happens to be a very good opinion piece reliability is not a fair critique.

Jets Insider VIP
    The only people who think Sanchez has any chance of beating out Smith are a few fools on this site.

The answers will come in training camp, it's as simple as that. The Jets, the oc , the head coach, the gm have not made up their mind on who the opening day starter will be this season. And that is exactly the way it should be this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The answers will come in training camp, it's as simple as that. The Jets, the oc , the head coach, the gm have not made up their mind on who the opening day starter will be this season. And that is exactly the way it should be this year.
    it's really not that difficult.

if Geno is ready to play, he will most likely beat out Sanchez in TC. if not, let Sanchez take his lumps for another season while Smith is groomed for the future.

2013 is a "lost season" for most people. lets not screw things any further by forcing Geno into action if he's not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

if Geno is ready to play, he will most likely beat out Sanchez in TC. if not, let Sanchez take his lumps for another season while Smith is groomed for the future.

2013 is a "lost season" for most people. lets not screw things any further by forcing Geno into action if he's not ready.
    IMO this season is about two things:

1) is geno smith worth building around, or do they need to draft another qb early next year?

2) is rex worth keeping or do they need to get a new coach?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

I prefer "lame duck" season, but two peas in the same pod.

Disagree with forcing Geno, and lets not mess things up any further by pressuring him.

Throw him in there(if he is indeed the TC winner), and dont coddle him. If Geno is not ready, I for one dont want to wait to try to develop him in 2 or 3 years...or more. If Geno is not ready, draft another QB next season, and again, best player starts. Its low risk, and i think the best way to develop is gametime on sundays.

if Geno is ready to play, he will most likely beat out Sanchez in TC. if not, let Sanchez take his lumps until Smith is readyto start.
    With minor edit, well said and +1

Sanchez definitely has to go, but I wouldn't be so fast to throw Smith to the wolves, considering that this offense provides him with few weapons. You want him to have a fighting chance to succeed, but with this corps of receivers and a questionable running game, I would hold off until I surrounded him with the proper talent.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Sanchez definitely has to go, but I wouldn't be so fast to throw Smith to the wolves, considering that this offense provides him with few weapons. You want him to have a fighting chance to succeed, but with this corps of receivers and a questionable running game, I would hold off until I surrounded him with the proper talent.
    agreed only Sanchez should be expected to make something out of ****.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 06-03-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    IMO this season is about two things:

1) is geno smith worth building around, or do they need to draft another qb early next year?

2) is rex worth keeping or do they need to get a new coach?
    I second this opinion

I would like both to work out but... I'm a Jets fan so let the chips fall as they must

Hall Of Fame
    If Sanchez is "one of the worst QBs in the league".... With whom is he actually neck and neck?

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    If Sanchez is "one of the worst QBs in the league".... With whom is he actually neck and neck?
    Gabbert and Cassell. Since neither of those guys are probable starters in '13, Sanchez will have the title all to himself if he starts and plays like he did last year.

What we need is to have the third option put back in place. Once that is done, best QB starts and play, the next guy on the list backs up and the third guy (I hope Mark) holds the clip board plays the scout team QB and gets laid a lot.
    We need a solid veteran to replace Gerrard and hopefully one who knows MM system already and has started elsewhere.
    Then let the competition begin, if Mark beats out both the Vet and the rookie then he deserves to start. No more free passes and no more throwing young kids to to the wolves. Everything must be earned with equal terms for everyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    According to the WSJ, Flacco and Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    With minor edit, well said and +1
    agreed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    agreed only Sanchez should be expected to make something out of ****.
    Bravo........

And yes that is how some folks think out here.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    What we need is to have the third option put back in place. Once that is done, best QB starts and play, the next guy on the list backs up and the third guy (I hope Mark) holds the clip board plays the scout team QB and gets laid a lot.
    We need a solid veteran to replace Gerrard and hopefully one who knows MM system already and has started elsewhere.
    Then let the competition begin, if Mark beats out both the Vet and the rookie then he deserves to start. No more free passes and no more throwing young kids to to the wolves. Everything must be earned with equal terms for everyone.
    Let's see your list of available "solid vet" QBs that fit your description and are possible upgrades.

Focus on reality, not imaginary hypotheticals.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    According to the WSJ, Flacco and Brady.

With regard to one statistic. Which they happened to make up. Talk about cherry picking.