Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 310

Thread: 32green

  1. #101
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,766
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT View Post
    32 would be disappointed that you guys are fighting like peckerheads.

    You are not being the hampur that 32 would like you to be.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So, what Fishooked is saying confirms my "immature defensive projections"... that the ads are smart ads.

    In retrospect I hope Borgo feels his tantrum was worth it.

    no need to be (even more of) a doosh about it.

  3. #103
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    no need to be (even more of) a doosh about it.
    Why not?

  4. #104
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

    Point remains that it IS funny that "the Advertisers" got mad, but that "the Advertisers" are, at least in some cases, semi-pornographic and of questionable e-safety "dating" sites.
    QFT (as an IT security professional, and self-professed Internet pr0n expert)

  5. #105
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So, what Fishooked is saying confirms my "immature defensive projections"... that the ads are smart ads.

    In retrospect I hope Borgo feels his tantrum was worth it.
    Dude, let it go.

  6. #106
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,570
    Oh, fine. Everyone else is dooshy. Just once I'd like to be dooshy.

  7. #107
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Oh, fine. Everyone else is dooshy. Just once I'd like to be dooshy.
    you can be dooshy, just don't pile on.

  8. #108
    I love that Bogo is all:

    "But your tone is oddly confrontational, especially for a moderator. My advice would be to PM SOOTH and resign your appointment immediately. You have neither the intellect or personality to succeed in the role.

    Finally, and this is something I should have said to you months ago, GO...F**K...YOURSELF, SCUMBAG. You are a joke and an embarrassment to this great site. Every thread you visit, word you type, devalues its content and history. How's that for "stretching your imagination", you witless twit?"

    and Paulie is all:

    "In retrospect I hope Borgo feels his tantrum was worth it."

    and everyone else is all:

    "Paulie stop being mean!"

    I love this place.

  9. #109
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I love that Bogo is all:

    "But your tone is oddly confrontational, especially for a moderator. My advice would be to PM SOOTH and resign your appointment immediately. You have neither the intellect or personality to succeed in the role.

    Finally, and this is something I should have said to you months ago, GO...F**K...YOURSELF, SCUMBAG. You are a joke and an embarrassment to this great site. Every thread you visit, word you type, devalues its content and history. How's that for "stretching your imagination", you witless twit?"

    and Paulie is all:

    "In retrospect I hope Borgo feels his tantrum was worth it."

    and everyone else is all:

    "Paulie stop being mean!"

    I love this place.


  10. #110
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I love that Bogo is all:

    "But your tone is oddly confrontational, especially for a moderator. My advice would be to PM SOOTH and resign your appointment immediately. You have neither the intellect or personality to succeed in the role.

    Finally, and this is something I should have said to you months ago, GO...F**K...YOURSELF, SCUMBAG. You are a joke and an embarrassment to this great site. Every thread you visit, word you type, devalues its content and history. How's that for "stretching your imagination", you witless twit?"

    and Paulie is all:

    "In retrospect I hope Borgo feels his tantrum was worth it."

    and everyone else is all:

    "Paulie stop being mean!"

    I love this place.
    Everyone is like "Borgo went all GJH on Paulie." When the reality is is that Borgo went all GJH before GJH. So, we should probably be saying that GJH went all Borgo and sh!t.

    I think we are selling Borgo short. Not Stokes short, but short.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Speak for yourself post count brigade.

    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Everyone is like "Borgo went all GJH on Paulie." When the reality is is that Borgo went all GJH before GJH. So, we should probably be saying that GJH went all Borgo and sh!t.

    I think we are selling Borgo short. Not Stokes short, but short.
    This is true. I'm still very suspicious that was all a big joke (as he claims). I hope it wasn't because if not it was AWESOME.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So, what Fishooked is saying confirms my "immature defensive projections"... that the ads are smart ads.
    They're not nearly as "smart" as Hooked makes them sound. I can ssure you, day time JI browsing threads totally unrelated to Asian Mail order Bride Dating still manages to bring up that ad, despite A. no such browsing from this PC and B. No such related content in the forum or thread I am in.

    With that said, most of us get it, it's the interweb, and thats how site owners make their bankroll to fund the site operations. I doubt anyone begrudges that fact, honestly, apart from the Malware it brings onto the site from time to time.

    Borgo's issues go beyond the ads. It's easy to mock someone for being mad about a favored forum closing, or the loss of 90% of his posts count (which clearly were not all made in that lost forum, not even close) but I think it's wrongheaded to do so. Some folks are proud (of a sort) of their XXX number of posts, obviously. For some it's a sign of being a long-standing contributor to the community, for example. Hence why Forum Re-boots (every gets new start date, and zero post count) are often so deeply unpopular. Doesn't excuse the curse-fest of course.

    In any event, is what it is, Officer Green clearly isn't around or of a mind to chime in, so...meh.

  13. #113
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,470
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Everyone is like "Borgo went all GJH on Paulie." When the reality is is that Borgo went all GJH before GJH. So, we should probably be saying that GJH went all Borgo and sh!t.

    I think we are selling Borgo short. Not Stokes short, but short.
    Borgo had promised a far more spectacular self destruction.

    Not even half a nipple in this thread. I'm depressed and angry.

  14. #114
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    ok ok

    (jeebus, are you a Ted as well?)

  15. #115
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    In all honestly, pm Sooth. If anyone thinks that we mortal mods have any control over post counts, etc. you are sorely mistaken.

    About the only thing we can do is edit your status and see who makes the jerky tags at the bottom of threads (basically the same 8 guys - half of whom are mods).

  16. #116
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,189
    Hoping Borgoguy's sentence is not life without parole.

    Unlike SAR, nike and TX his loss would be a loss for JI

    (Consider this an appeal to the Governor for a stay)

  17. #117
    I once got insane mod powers by accident. True story.

  18. #118
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I once got insane mod powers by accident. True story.
    32 tried to ban you but he accidentally made you a mod.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    32 tried to ban you but he accidentally made you a mod.
    True story.

  20. #120
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,766
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Hoping Borgoguy's sentence is not life without parole.

    Unlike SAR, nike and TX his loss would be a loss for JI

    (Consider this an appeal to the Governor for a stay)
    I'm sure that after 398 pm's you are on first name basis with Mr. SOOTH.

    waitaminnit

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us