Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I The Only One?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Every year I tell myself I'm not gonna let them pull me in, be realistic, don't have high expectations and I will avoid disappointment.

Soon as week one comes I totally believe we are a playoff team, and absolutely will not accept we are not until we are mathematically out of it.

Must be built into us as jet fans.
    LOL, I actually thought I broke the trend last year, was not happy with the offseason, draft, and preseason was a disaster, so I did not renew the DirectTV football package, but the first game was free and the rest is history...

I think the Jets will have a better team in 2013 but the schedule is more difficult so 6 wins would be an improvement over last year, the second half could be fun if they can win 2-4 games before the break

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    Yes, you are the only one. LOL
    Nope, there are a few more of us out in the bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    LOL, I actually thought I broke the trend last year, was not happy with the offseason, draft, and preseason was a disaster, so I did not renew the DirectTV football package, but the first game was free and the rest is history...

I think the Jets will have a better team in 2013 but the schedule is more difficult so 6 wins would be an improvement over last year, the second half could be fun if they can win 2-4 games before the break
    I get gamepass over here, it's the equivalent of direct tv, I've never contemplated not getting it because its a great package for a good price and includes every NFL game and not just jet games.

However sometimes I wish I had never bought it last season cause it forces you to sit through misery such as last year.

I knew we stank but for some reason just would not let go we was going to get that final WC spot, right up to the fumbled snap in Tennessee I believed we could win that game.

I think I feed into Rex's bravado, deep down I know what's goin to happen but refuse to accept it on game day.

I suppose it's a step in the right direction to admit while your football knowledge is sound, I'm one delusional idiot come the heat of battle, still will be jumping round the room and gettin stressed cursing Revis come week 1.

Can't wait!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We had Chad Pennington in 2006.

Actually the 1st two games are set up nicely for a team like the Jets.
    Rex usually has his defense ready early in the season.
    I think with the addition of Richardson & Coples being moved outside to get a cleaner path to the QB, our pass rush will be greatly improved.
    If Rex gets Barnes up to speed & back to his 2011 form, our 3rd down defense will be light years away from last year.
    We added more speed at LB, Davis should be much improved his 2nd year & the secondary will be better than last year since we added Milliner & didn't have Revis for most of the season anyway.
    Here's my theory regarding the 1st two games:
    Home VS Tampa Bay.
    MetLife is always rocking for opening day. Freeman is a TO machine, has slow feet & we will get to him, plus the Bucs suck on the road.
    Jets can win this game, especially since the Bucs were one of the worst teams vs the run & I believe Ivory is going to electrify the fans! After watching Shonn Greene slog around last year, it will be shocking watching a real RB run behind our improved Oline.
    Zero TOs from Sanchez ( yes, I do think he will start the season) Jets win.

Jets @ Pats
    Sanchez has played many games in New England & actually has played pretty well. Last years special teams & the Hill drop literally lost a winnable game.
    If Pats are at full force, I can't see us winning, but, if Gronk is out because of his back surgery or not nearly 100%, we have a chance & here's my reasoning.
    Pats D is still not good.
    Their Oline has shown cracks & like they say, defenses travel well. I like our Dline vs Pats Oline.
    They have a lot of new faces on offense. Brady loses his cool when he's pressured & especially when guys are not where they should be. If, & this is a big if, we have all of our weapons available to us (100% Holmes), and Goodsen is still on the team, I think we can get Ivory & Goodsen to the outside on this Defense.
    Bottom line is playing the Pats early before they have everyone on the same page on offense gives them a chance. If our defense can stop 5-6 3rd down conversions that Welker used to make each game against us, we can keep our offense on the field.
    Can't wait!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Actually the 1st two games are set up nicely for a team like the Jets.
    Rex usually has his defense ready early in the season.
    I think with the addition of Richardson & Coples being moved outside to get a cleaner path to the QB, our pass rush will be greatly improved.
    If Rex gets Barnes up to speed & back to his 2011 form, our 3rd down defense will be light years away from last year.
    We added more speed at LB, Davis should be much improved his 2nd year & the secondary will be better than last year since we added Milliner & didn't have Revis for most of the season anyway.
    Here's my theory regarding the 1st two games:
    Home VS Tampa Bay.
    MetLife is always rocking for opening day. Freeman is a TO machine, has slow feet & we will get to him, plus the Bucs suck on the road.
    Jets can win this game, especially since the Bucs were one of the worst teams vs the run & I believe Ivory is going to electrify the fans! After watching Shonn Greene slog around last year, it will be shocking watching a real RB run behind our improved Oline.
    Zero TOs from Sanchez ( yes, I do think he will start the season) Jets win.

Jets @ Pats
    Sanchez has played many games in New England & actually has played pretty well. Last years special teams & the Hill drop literally lost a winnable game.
    If Pats are at full force, I can't see us winning, but, if Gronk is out because of his back surgery or not nearly 100%, we have a chance & here's my reasoning.
    Pats D is still not good.
    Their Oline has shown cracks & like they say, defenses travel well. I like our Dline vs Pats Oline.
    They have a lot of new faces on offense. Brady loses his cool when he's pressured & especially when guys are not where they should be. If, & this is a big if, we have all of our weapons available to us (100% Holmes), and Goodsen is still on the team, I think we can get Ivory & Goodsen to the outside on this Defense.
    Bottom line is playing the Pats early before they have everyone on the same page on offense gives them a chance. If our defense can stop 5-6 3rd down conversions that Welker used to make each game against us, we can keep our offense on the field.
    Can't wait!
    "Bottom line is playing the Pats early before they have everyone on the same page on offense gives them a chance."

With all the veterans on the PATS and they can't get on the same page, what make you think the jets can? I will not question your optimism but "common man!"

Jets Insider VIP
    Bottom line

If our page includes Butty6, we have zero chance.

Any of the other three...Fifty-Fifty

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Am I the only one that feels this team can surprise people this year? This year reminds me of 2006 way too much. We won 6 games last year with literally with the worst offense in recent memory. The defense is much faster this time around, and the D-line has the potential to be one of the best we have had in recent memory. If Marty can somehow turn Sanchez around or groom Geno, I don't see why this team can't win 8-9 games. This team can thrive with 0 outside expectations.
    Yes you are. 4-12.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LMAO
    Great song tho!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Yes you are. 4-12.
    At least 9 wins with Smith, McElroy or Simms

No more than 4 with Sucky

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Yep who can forget his wonderful 17 td 16 pick season.. Was it that 18th ranked offense or the 6th ranked defense that was more of a factor??
    The schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    The opening premise is that the offence is better. Why? OL-no. TE-no. RB-better no maybe=. WR - no. QB-no.
    And why is the defense better? Lots of unproven D players.
    6-7 wins. Please look at the sked. Tougher than 2012.
    is the sked tougher i dont see any games we cant win whos on there besides the ravens and pats (we had them beat up there ) pitts avg team reputation aside titans avg andy dalton is just ok all beatable and capable of beating us saints is there d improved we shall see radiers at home carolina on the road with pouty at qb we should be able to break his will early the browns now there world beaters oh and the fish they hate us so always give us there best but they should stink by then it never works meshing that many signings. so sked i laugh at that ol is going to be better with out a doubt notice how moore cant find a job cause he cant flex his hips and drive anymore watch this kid they drafted blow people up. he will lead the league in scuffels after the whistle. rb ivory is going to be awesome there were a bunch of articles of how he was going to break out with the falcons and a few more rumored trade names now he is here if he stays healthy he will be very good wr how could we be worse than last yr holmes and hill hopefully are healthy and playing. te same keller was hurt all year a non factor same guys here maybe they actually get better cumberland and smith it could happen. and the d where are unproven players a safety is all i see different bart was done so davis is = or a plus olb thomas played hard but was old and tired pace taking his job will be = and on the other side coples + over pace watch the end of last season he was on a sack roll so d will be real good if we get some rest i just hope we dont score to fast and they get on the field to much ok that might be pushing it but i do expect big plays from the rb's the speed there is the best i have seen in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    is the sked tougher i dont see any games we cant win whos on there besides the ravens and pats (we had them beat up there ) pitts avg team reputation aside titans avg andy dalton is just ok all beatable and capable of beating us saints is there d improved we shall see radiers at home carolina on the road with pouty at qb we should be able to break his will early the browns now there world beaters oh and the fish they hate us so always give us there best but they should stink by then it never works meshing that many signings. so sked i laugh at that ol is going to be better with out a doubt notice how moore cant find a job cause he cant flex his hips and drive anymore watch this kid they drafted blow people up. he will lead the league in scuffels after the whistle. rb ivory is going to be awesome there were a bunch of articles of how he was going to break out with the falcons and a few more rumored trade names now he is here if he stays healthy he will be very good wr how could we be worse than last yr holmes and hill hopefully are healthy and playing. te same keller was hurt all year a non factor same guys here maybe they actually get better cumberland and smith it could happen. and the d where are unproven players a safety is all i see different bart was done so davis is = or a plus olb thomas played hard but was old and tired pace taking his job will be = and on the other side coples + over pace watch the end of last season he was on a sack roll so d will be real good if we get some rest i just hope we dont score to fast and they get on the field to much ok that might be pushing it but i do expect big plays from the rb's the speed there is the best i have seen in a long time

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    At least 9 wins with Smith, McElroy or Simms

No more than 4 with Sucky
    give it a rest. do you really think the more you post about how much sanchez sucks that the team will cut him or something?

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Great song tho!
    Joe introducing Etheridge to the Pfail strip is priceless.

Was Chad Pennington ever as awful as Sanchez was last year? Penny was a different kind of QB than Sanchez- much more patient and content to be a game manager. He was on a short leash (for some fans) at that point in his career because of his multiple injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    ????????????

Incomprehensible

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Yes you are. 4-12.
    Speak for yourself. He's not the only one smart enough to think they will win more than 4. Its too easy to just cry doom and gloom and blurt out a 4 win prediction.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-05-2013 at 12:06 AM.

The team has to be more entertaining to watch than last years team. It would be impossible to be more unwatchable than last years team. Give me a young entertaining football team which shows some heart and upside and I can live with the losses. I expect at least that and the NFL is just mediocre enough that 9 wins is possible for almost any team in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    When warranted, of course. Plenty of times. I was all in on our two AFCCG runs (until we augered in both times.)

But the last few years, it's been slim pickins (sic) around here. IMO, thinking this year's team will be anything but awful is refusing to see what's right in front of our eyes.
    It can't be worse than last years O. Marty is a pro and will adjust. It might suck but on a comparative basis it's going to be much better than last year.