Thread: Jason Kidd Retires After 19 Seasons

All Pro

Jason Kidd Retires After 19 Seasons

To me, one of the top five PG's of all time. The Net teams he took to the finals, is what I'll always remember about the guy. Got his ring with Dallas, should be first ballot HOF. Nets need to retire his number.

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...ter-19-seasons

Last edited by 2009fatman; 06-03-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Nets absolutely have to retire Kidd's number it would be a joke if they didn't. Played very well for the Knicks during the regular season and ran out of gas once the playoffs started. I could see him being a good HC one day.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I could see him being a good HC one day.
    Agreed. kidd has the temperament and basketball IQ to be a great HC. Hope Billy King gives him an interview for the HC job, or as an Ass.

Kidd constantly worked to improve his game. When he arrived in the league he couldn't shoot to save his life and now is #3 all time 3 pointers. Amazing career and the Nets better retire his number tomorrow.

As for coaching his private life might make that difficult, but you never know.

All Pro

Kidd to Interview For Net HC Job

I sick of hearing about Shaw, Unless Doc Rivers becomes available or Jackson changes his mind, Kidd wants the job and would be the perfect fit for the Nets with the talent they have. Instant respect from the big three(Dwill, JJ, Brook). Mark Jackson did it, who in my mind doesn't have half the Basketball mind of a Kidd. Good long term choice for the franchise. Make it happen Billy!

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    I sick of hearing about Shaw, Unless Doc Rivers becomes available or Jackson changes his mind, Kidd wants the job and would be the perfect fit for the Nets with the talent they have. Instant respect from the big three(Dwill, JJ, Brook). Mark Jackson did it, who in my mind doesn't have half the Basketball mind of a Kidd. Good long term choice for the franchise. Make it happen Billy!
    I wouldn't say Mark Jackson has "half the basketball mind of Kidd" he has turned out to be a very good coach in Golden State and I wanted the Knicks to hire him over D'Antoni a few yrs back. However I agree Kidd is the right fit in Brooklyn. Why not? Nets aren't getting any big name HC's anyway.

As long as he brings a great staff with him I would be on board as well. He needs strong, experienced assistants that can help him grow as a coach. Dwill and him are very good friends so I am sure he would love this if it happened. More importantly I would love to see how he could get Brook to play. He made Todd Macallough look like an actual NBA player.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Mark Jackson took a young team into the 2nd round of the playoffs. How could you possibly think Kidd is a good long term choice for any franchise? He has zero coaching experience. It would be a very big gamble for the Nets to sign him, it will be very interesting, Shaw is a legit candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Mark Jackson took a young team into the 2nd round of the playoffs. How could you possibly think Kidd is a good long term choice for any franchise? He has zero coaching experience. It would be a very big gamble for the Nets to sign him, it will be very interesting, Shaw is a legit candidate.
    Wasn't long ago Mark Jackson had zero coaching experience and was just an ex-player and color commentator for the Knicks. Shaw is mediocre. I don't think Jason Kidd is the next Pat Riley but I do think he can be a good coach someday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Kidd was practically a player-coach especially after he fired Scott. The team as its made up now can't win. He will tell the Russian where to spend. Might as well be GM too.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Kidd was practically a player-coach especially after he fired Scott. The team as its made up now can't win. He will tell the Russian where to spend. Might as well be GM too.
    Practically yes, but once he's a part of management that dynamic changes, it will be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Nets are over the cap and locked into what they have now with Deron Williams and Brook Lopez unless they can do a sign-and-trade for Howard at this point you may not even want to happen. If the Rockets get Howard and CP3 I think David Stern and that retarded alien he got to replace him will both jump off a bridge.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Its official

I am cautiously optimistic, but this could end up being a disaster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Kidd desperately wants to stay in the game and he'll never get a better gig than in a new Brooklyn building. I think he'll be fine behavior-wise. Rumor has him adding Lawrence Frank to his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    I am cautiously optimistic, but this could end up being a disaster.
    How? The Nets had no shot at getting any big name coaches not that I think any of them would make a real difference they are locked into this roster. They should have never fired Carlesimo but now that they did the only recovery move they could make is hire a young guy who has potential rather than some retread.