Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do hate Santonio Holmes?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do hate Santonio Holmes?

^^Why do WE hate Santonio Holmes?^^

It's been so long since he's been relevant. I forget why we hate him.
    Last edited by JFB; 06-05-2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typo

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't hate him. People that do, I'm guessing, just don't like black people that much.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I don't hate him. People that do, I'm guessing, just don't like black people that much.
    HA! Yes. It must be racism.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me its attitude #1. Black is #2. That stupid first down thing he does which falls under #1 and probably #2.

Why would this be about him being black?? If he was white I would feel the same way. It just so happens that he is a jerk and black!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    For me its attitude #1. Black is #2. That stupid first down thing he does which falls under #1 and probably #2.

Why would this be about him being black?? If he was white I would feel the same way. It just so happens that he is a jerk and black!!
    Oh yeah. That stupid first down gesture. Jets are down 28 points in the 4th quarter. He catches an 11 yard pass and does a dance. And he's black (that's sarcasm. Just rehashing probably one of the most riduculous posts I've seen here)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For most people it's the perception that he quit on the team in the Dolphins game at the end of the 2011 season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy when he runs around like a Jet after getting a TD, although we don't get too many of those, as we all know.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because.... He lika do the cha cha.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    For most people it's the perception that he quit on the team in the Dolphins game at the end of the 2011 season.
    I don't think its a "perception", its a "fact".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) Horrible team mate who quit on the team at times.
    2) Massively over payed on term and value.
    3) One digression away from a year long ban.
    4) #2 WR masquerading and acting like a #1 guy. 600 yards a year is not #1 production.
    5) Only looks effective if there is a really good Wr on the other side.
    6) Low character and not tough, tossing the ball away for a fumble on the play he got hurt last year was a fine example.

The sooner this guy is gone the better for the team. Easily replaced.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like him bc he is black.

Seriously though. Everyone loved him in 2010. What has changed since then? He had a tiff with his QB that was allowed to boil over b.c both of them were b*tches on team that had a dearth of leadership.

I firmly believe that if J Co, Jones, Woody etc were in that locker room that none of it would have ever happened. It was a perfect storm. A prima donna WR and a non-leader QB that struggles with adversity. Keep in mind that it all started when Holmes was basically sticking up for Sanchez but went about it in completely the wrong way (calling out the OL).

As for Tone's fumble. I have no spin for that one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me its that hes paid like a top tier #1 receiver when in reality, he is an average #2 receiver.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate the attitude and lack of accountability. He is a number 1 reciever that is not a leader.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    because there are a bunch of jewish yentas in the form of adolescence here clucking it up like media *****es , who then complain about the media and cluck with the peaks and troughs of sports shows which are filled with top tier unintellegance. The feeling that "we" are a unit on this board is about as right on as tying my schwarzenpecker's nuts on a door hinge in thailand, please dont group us as "we" and think some imaculantly precise intermittant viewer is like you pathetic *****es.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So it's the Jew's fault...mein fuhrer ..

Thanks for clearing things up

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post

+1

I also dislike he makes so much money and is not a good player. Not his fault, but not mine either.

Thanks Tranny

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    because there are a bunch of jewish yentas in the form of adolescence here clucking it up like media *****es , who then complain about the media and cluck with the peaks and troughs of sports shows which are filled with top tier unintellegance. The feeling that "we" are a unit on this board is about as right on as tying my schwarzenpecker's nuts on a door hinge in thailand, please dont group us as "we" and think some imaculantly precise intermittant viewer is like you pathetic *****es.
    racists and jew haters all in one thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess these posts easily settle the Edwards/Holmes debate.

So many posters on this board thought it was just so important to resign Holmes. They constantly said Holmes is the better player and he should be resigned over Edwards.

Just as many thought Edwards was the guy to be resigned. It was undeniable that Sanchez actually had chemistry with Braylon. Something I have yet to witness even once between Sanchez and Holmes. Holmes also was never willing to talk openly of his love for the Jets. A lot of people perceived him as holding out for "big bucks" and really not caring where he got it.

Edwards WANTED to be a Jet. He talked openly about how proud he was to be a Jet during his first time here.

Edwards wanted more money than he was worth, but most people knew he was the better player for a Sanchez led team. He likely would have cost less to resign than Holmes also.

I do think that the decision to resign Holmes and get rid of Edwards had a huge impact on how the offense looks today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When things were going well Santonio was a great teammate, he worked hard, and was an important part of the team's success...

But as soon as things went bad, he completely changed for the worse.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Posts like this are why we seriously need a like/dislike button and a forum reputation system.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    1) Horrible team mate who quit on the team at times.
    2) Massively over payed on term and value.
    3) One digression away from a year long ban.
    4) #2 WR masquerading and acting like a #1 guy. 600 yards a year is not #1 production.
    5) Only looks effective if there is a really good Wr on the other side.
    6) Low character and not tough, tossing the ball away for a fumble on the play he got hurt last year was a fine example.
    Well said.