Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do hate Santonio Holmes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I don't hate him. People that do, I'm guessing, just don't like black people that much.
    This really is the dumbest post I've ever read on JI. Lets ignore the fact he's an overpaid diva..it must be because he's black. No wonder Eric Smith was such a fan favorite!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    This really is the dumbest post I've ever read on JI. Lets ignore the fact he's an overpaid diva..it must be because he's black. No wonder Eric Smith was such a fan favorite!
    I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Veteran
    How's this for a reason? Holmes went AWOL just hours before the AFCCG in Pittsburgh. I, along with my father and about 100 or so other Jet fans, watched him get dropped off at the team hotel by some skinny woman in a small white car just minutes before the team began boarding the bus to Heinz Field.

The story never broke but I believe that is the reason he was benched to start the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    How's this for a reason? Holmes went AWOL just hours before the AFCCG in Pittsburgh. I, along with my father and about 100 or so other Jet fans, watched him get dropped off at the team hotel by some skinny woman in a small white car just minutes before the team began boarding the bus to Heinz Field.

The story never broke but I believe that is the reason he was benched to start the game.
    Maybe it was his granny?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Maybe it was his granny?
    Judging be her age...it was more likely an ex-girlfriend or acquaintance from his days in the 'Burgh.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Judging be her age...it was more likely an ex-girlfriend or acquaintance from his days in the 'Burgh.
    Well, don't really like that he wasn't with the rest of the team...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

people don't like him because it's always easy to blame someone when things go bad.

The Miami game was a huge mistake on his part. But funny he gets blame and teammates who fought on field don't.

He is a legit #1, anyone who says hes not is clueless or letting hate get in the way. He's not top of the league, fine, but hes a 1. He is over PAID, why should anyone hate him for that, he didn't put a gun to anyones head.

He's never played with a QB who can accurately throw a pass here. We blame Sanchez for everything wrong with the O but blame Holmes for not putting up numbers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    1) Horrible team mate who quit on the team at times.
    2) Massively over payed on term and value.
    3) One digression away from a year long ban.
    4) #2 WR masquerading and acting like a #1 guy. 600 yards a year is not #1 production.
    5) Only looks effective if there is a really good Wr on the other side.
    6) Low character and not tough, tossing the ball away for a fumble on the play he got hurt last year was a fine example.

The sooner this guy is gone the better for the team. Easily replaced.
    This about sums it up

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    people don't like him because it's always easy to blame someone when things go bad.

The Miami game was a huge mistake on his part. But funny he gets blame and teammates who fought on field don't.

He is a legit #1, anyone who says hes not is clueless or letting hate get in the way. He's not top of the league, fine, but hes a 1. He is over PAID, why should anyone hate him for that, he didn't put a gun to anyones head.

He's never played with a QB who can accurately throw a pass here. We blame Sanchez for everything wrong with the O but blame Holmes for not putting up numbers.
    Legit #1's dont have one 1k yard in 7 seasons. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    1) Horrible team mate who quit on the team at times.
    2) Massively over payed on term and value.
    3) One digression away from a year long ban.
    4) #2 WR masquerading and acting like a #1 guy. 600 yards a year is not #1 production.
    5) Only looks effective if there is a really good Wr on the other side.
    6) Low character and not tough, tossing the ball away for a fumble on the play he got hurt last year was a fine example.

The sooner this guy is gone the better for the team. Easily replaced.
    Could not agree more with this post, sums it up in one.

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    racists and jew haters all in one thread.
    What the hell is going on here? Jews and blacks? Latinos next?
    Holmes has talent with an attitude problem. His salary was given to him. He didn't rob a bank.
    He's the best the Jets have (unfortunately) at WR.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Legit #1's dont have one 1k yard in 7 seasons. Stop.
    Yeah, its easy when your QB barely thows 3K yards and most of his yardage comes on short screens.

You stop and think about this O, its why you don't judge on numbers alone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    because there are a bunch of jewish yentas in the form of adolescence here clucking it up like media *****es , who then complain about the media and cluck with the peaks and troughs of sports shows which are filled with top tier unintellegance. The feeling that "we" are a unit on this board is about as right on as tying my schwarzenpecker's nuts on a door hinge in thailand, please dont group us as "we" and think some imaculantly precise intermittant viewer is like you pathetic *****es.
    Guess antisemitism is tolerated at JI now.

Holmes has acknowledged selling drugs on the street corner of his hometown of Belle Glade, Florida as a teenager; he says that his mother's influence and a desire to play professional football made him decide to stop.[16]

Holmes was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida on May 27, 2006 for disorderly conduct.[17] Charges were subsequently dropped after Holmes paid a fine. Holmes was arrested for a second time on June 18, 2006 for domestic violence and assault in Columbus, Ohio.[18]

On July 7, 2006, Holmes appeared in Franklin County Court in Columbus, Ohio for both a pre-trial hearing regarding the domestic case and a hearing regarding the traffic ticket. He pled no contest to the traffic ticket and agreed to pay a fine. While Lashae Boone, the mother of Holmes' daughter and the victim in the assault case, requested that the domestic violence and assault charges be dropped, the prosecutor refused. Boone and their daughter accompanied Holmes to court. The charges were later dropped.[19]

On October 23, 2008, Holmes was arrested in Pittsburgh and cited by officers for possession of marijuana.[20][21] He released an apology after missing a game, stating that he wished to "focus all of [his] efforts on helping our team win on the field and achieve its ultimate goal."[22]

On March 24, 2010, Anshonae Mills filed a lawsuit against Holmes over a March 7 incident in which she alleges Holmes threw a glass at her in an Orlando nightclub, resulting in a cut above her eye. Initially, Mills did not pursue charges, claiming Holmes and the police intimidated her into it, but the case has been reopened. Subsequently, after a Twitter comment criticizing the nightclub incident, Holmes told the follower to "kill urself." He later Tweeted it was time to "wake n bake," a reference to marijuana.[23] Holmes alleges his account was hacked and it was not him making the comments.[24]

On April 29, 2010, according to a report filed by authorities at Pittsburgh International Airport, a flight attendant told police that Holmes wouldn't turn off his iPod when requested and asked that officers speak to him. Holmes got off the Colgan Air flight and spoke to the officers, who reminded him to comply with regulations, but did not charge the wide receiver with anything. Holmes later talked to Jets head coach Rex Ryan about the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Guess antisemitism is tolerated at JI now.
    So are anti-italites

And half of the people on here act like a bunch of whiny jabbering yentas

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I like him bc he is black.

Seriously though. Everyone loved him in 2010. What has changed since then? He had a tiff with his QB that was allowed to boil over b.c both of them were b*tches on team that had a dearth of leadership.
    I didn't love him in 2010. I hated him in 2010. I hated him even before 2010. I hated him when he was on the Steelers. I hated him before he was even born. Everybody loves him compared to how much I hate him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cEpP9pqSU4

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Holmes has acknowledged selling drugs on the street corner of his hometown of Belle Glade, Florida as a teenager; he says that his mother's influence and a desire to play professional football made him decide to stop.[16]

Holmes was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida on May 27, 2006 for disorderly conduct.[17] Charges were subsequently dropped after Holmes paid a fine. Holmes was arrested for a second time on June 18, 2006 for domestic violence and assault in Columbus, Ohio.[18]

On July 7, 2006, Holmes appeared in Franklin County Court in Columbus, Ohio for both a pre-trial hearing regarding the domestic case and a hearing regarding the traffic ticket. He pled no contest to the traffic ticket and agreed to pay a fine. While Lashae Boone, the mother of Holmes' daughter and the victim in the assault case, requested that the domestic violence and assault charges be dropped, the prosecutor refused. Boone and their daughter accompanied Holmes to court. The charges were later dropped.[19]

On October 23, 2008, Holmes was arrested in Pittsburgh and cited by officers for possession of marijuana.[20][21] He released an apology after missing a game, stating that he wished to "focus all of [his] efforts on helping our team win on the field and achieve its ultimate goal."[22]

On March 24, 2010, Anshonae Mills filed a lawsuit against Holmes over a March 7 incident in which she alleges Holmes threw a glass at her in an Orlando nightclub, resulting in a cut above her eye. Initially, Mills did not pursue charges, claiming Holmes and the police intimidated her into it, but the case has been reopened. Subsequently, after a Twitter comment criticizing the nightclub incident, Holmes told the follower to "kill urself." He later Tweeted it was time to "wake n bake," a reference to marijuana.[23] Holmes alleges his account was hacked and it was not him making the comments.[24]

On April 29, 2010, according to a report filed by authorities at Pittsburgh International Airport, a flight attendant told police that Holmes wouldn't turn off his iPod when requested and asked that officers speak to him. Holmes got off the Colgan Air flight and spoke to the officers, who reminded him to comply with regulations, but did not charge the wide receiver with anything. Holmes later talked to Jets head coach Rex Ryan about the incident.
    Ummm this guy has a bad bad attitude.. Period!!!!!

And think Rex made him a Captin after these incidents!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummm this guy has a bad bad attitude.. Period!!!!!

I don't think it's fair at all to say that about Alkrotraz

To summarize, because he's

holMEs

1. He rivals Celine Dion as biggest Diva ever
    2. He is NOT a no.1 receiver ... not even close. Stats dont lie .. THAT MUCH
    3. He is me first , team second
    4. He is GROSSLY overpaid.
    5. The Stupid 1st Down Celebration
    6. NEVER holds himself accountable.

The day this chump is off the team will be a good day indeed.