Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do hate Santonio Holmes?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He is a legit #1, anyone who says hes not is clueless or letting hate get in the way. He's not top of the league, fine, but hes a 1. He is over PAID, why should anyone hate him for that, he didn't put a gun to anyones head.
    Receivers that are plain better than him, regardless of being #1 or 2 on their team, and regardless of age:

C Johnson
    A Johnson
    LFitzgerald
    A Boldin
    V Jackson
    D Bryant
    R White
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Steve Smith
    M Colston
    B Marshall
    D Bowe
    R Wayne
    T Smith
    D Thomas
    Welker
    Crabtree
    Torrey Smith
    S Rice
    D Jackson
    H Nicks
    V Cruz
    P Harvin
    M Wallace
    S Moss
    D Moore
    Jordy Nelson
    Greg Jennings
    J Maclin
    Antonio Brown
    Steve Johnson
    James Jones

That's just off the top of my head, guys I would take straight up over Holmes. He's not a legitimate #1 receiver. Holmes is a great slot receiver, but he is not a legitimate #1. He has flashes of talent, but he can not carry a WR corp. As raw as he is Stephen Hill has alot more potential to be a true #1 than Holmes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate that stupid ball drop celebration when we're winning. When he does it when we're down 20 points, it makes me want to vomit. Especially when the ref is running toward him with his hands out, then he drops it right in front of them.

Generally speaking, he just comes off as a gigantic d-bag.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santurdio is a huge douche - but that would be pretty much irrelevant if was able to produce to the level he is being paid - and for his money he should be elevating the level of his QB not sinking to it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Santonio the Jets' version of AROD?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santana Moss is better?

I don't hate Santonio

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Caught_Jetster View Post
    Santurdio is a huge douche - but that would be pretty much irrelevant if was able to produce to the level he is being paid - and for his money he should be elevating the level of his QB not sinking to it.
    You usually only post this much hate against Jewish people. Did Holmes convert?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Santana Moss is better?

I don't hate Santonio
    He's played with equally crappy QB's his whole career and regularly produced much better than Holmes. Yeah, Santana Moss is better than Holmes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I hate that stupid ball drop celebration when we're winning. When he does it when we're down 20 points, it makes me want to vomit. Especially when the ref is running toward him with his hands out, then he drops it right in front of them.

Generally speaking, he just comes off as a gigantic d-bag.
    I dont think its far fetched at all to hypothesize that idiotic move may/has come back to bite him later on with non calls, etc.

+1 on the D-Bag. Whichever D you are referring to.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yeah, its easy when your QB barely thows 3K yards and most of his yardage comes on short screens.

You stop and think about this O, its why you don't judge on numbers alone.
    Holmes is a guy that does nothing for a fan of the jets. He is a loud mouth that refused to shut up during OTA after the Miami fiasco, even after his HC appealed in public for him to do so.

He throw his helmet during OTA showing up his position coach for coaching him too hard.

He showed up for OTA late becasue he went on a USO tour. Great that he went on the tour but why did he schedule his trip (they have them every week) so that it coincided with OTAs?

The above are "personality" issues, professional issues are his dropping of too many passes , and his inability to get off the line when chucked at the line.

1/2 the wrs in the league dog the plays in which they are not the primary target, so I won't hit him for that.

With the above and then throw in the 10 mill of cap room he eats up, how any jet fan can stand to look at the guy is beyond me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    He's played with equally crappy QB's his whole career and regularly produced much better than Holmes. Yeah, Santana Moss is better than Holmes.
    You're delusional. Santana Moss currently is lucky to be on an NFL roster

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because he sucks?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If you haven't noticed, all top WRs are divas. It's a requirement of the club. Holmes was a stud before he came but had really bad luck once here. Not many have come back from his type of injury but hopefully he'll get to change the aura of his green days.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    If you haven't noticed, all top WRs are divas. It's a requirement of the club. Holmes was a stud before he came but had really bad luck once here. Not many have come back from his type of injury but hopefully he'll get to change the aura of his green days.
    Pitt let that stud go for a 5th round pick ( end of the round pick mind you) he was considered a prime age, even under.. Holmes is our #1 but he never was elite..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I guess these posts easily settle the Edwards/Holmes debate.

So many posters on this board thought it was just so important to resign Holmes. They constantly said Holmes is the better player and he should be resigned over Edwards.

Just as many thought Edwards was the guy to be resigned. It was undeniable that Sanchez actually had chemistry with Braylon. Something I have yet to witness even once between Sanchez and Holmes. Holmes also was never willing to talk openly of his love for the Jets. A lot of people perceived him as holding out for "big bucks" and really not caring where he got it.

Edwards WANTED to be a Jet. He talked openly about how proud he was to be a Jet during his first time here.

Edwards wanted more money than he was worth, but most people knew he was the better player for a Sanchez led team. He likely would have cost less to resign than Holmes also.

I do think that the decision to resign Holmes and get rid of Edwards had a huge impact on how the offense looks today.
    I really wish the Jets bring in Braylon before TC. Neither Hill nor Holmes can be relied on at this stage despite their appealing athleticism, YAC etc. The Beard just gets it done.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    I really wish the Jets bring in Braylon before TC. Neither Hill nor Holmes can be relied on at this stage despite their appealing athleticism, YAC etc. The Beard just gets it done.
    "The Beard" hasn't gotten anything done in 3 f'ng years. I liked the guy in 2010 but he's not even 1/4 that receiver anymore. I honestly don't get the weird obsession people have with him. He's old, worn out, slow, and not worth a starting spot over Hill or Kerley.

To the guy who posted that nonsensical list of wide recievers, you are out of your mind with some of those guys on there. I absolutely dread the thought of Brady getting his grimy paws on a WR like Holmes. Welker's numbers are a product of Brady (soon to be Manning) like Santonio's numbers are a product of Sanchez. Give Holmes a quarterback who doesn't throw a football like he's trying to hit the giant MetLife sign near the upper deckers and maybe, JUST MAYBE, he'll play like the guy we expected him to be.

I've said it a hundred times here. The only people here who still hate Holmes are the people who are still butthurt over Miami or the people who would give their left nut to smell a Braylon Edwards fart. God forbid though somebody finally call out Brian Schottenheimer for being a complete f*** up and Wayne Hunter for being a human turnstile and getting our quarterback murdered throughout all of 2011, ESPECIALLY when that same turnstile is the one trying to call you out on your play like he has any clue what it's like to be successful at the professional level.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 06-06-2013 at 03:52 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    "The Beard" hasn't gotten anything done in 3 f'ng years. I liked the guy in 2010 but he's not even 1/4 that receiver anymore. I honestly don't get the weird obsession people have with him. He's old, worn out, slow, and not worth a starting spot over Hill or Kerley.

To the guy who posted that nonsensical list of wide recievers, you are out of your mind with some of those guys on there. I absolutely dread the thought of Brady getting his grimy paws on a WR like Holmes. Welker's numbers are a product of Brady (soon to be Manning) like Santonio's numbers are a product of Sanchez. Give Holmes a quarterback who doesn't throw a football like he's trying to hit the giant MetLife sign near the upper deckers and maybe, JUST MAYBE, he'll play like the guy we expected him to be.

I've said it a hundred times here. The only people here who still hate Holmes are the people who are still butthurt over Miami or the people who would give their left nut to smell a Braylon Edwards fart. God forbid though somebody finally call out Brian Schottenheimer for being a complete f*** up and Wayne Hunter for being a human turnstile and getting our quarterback murdered throughout all of 2011, ESPECIALLY when that same turnstile is the one trying to call you out on your play like he has any clue what it's like to be successful at the professional level.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "

One year ... ONE... In his entire career ... With the STEELERS or Jets ... ONE year over 1000 yards ....

.... This guy is a chump ... A 50,000,000 dollar chump
    Last edited by Dunnie; 06-06-2013 at 06:51 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've said it a hundred times here. The only people here who still hate Holmes are the people who are still butthurt over Miami or the people who would give their left nut to smell a Braylon Edwards fart.
    Don't forget secret option #3: Those people who have a hard time rooting for a player on their team who they would also like to see forcefed a bag of dicks.

At the time of this clip, the Jets were down 28-3, and Holmes had been directly responsible for two turnovers that led to Eagles scores:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGlRZt-QmIQ

Santonio Holmes sucks at being a person. He is the epitome of the saying, "well, as long as we're winning..."

P.S. - hard to see, but possibly the best throw of Sanchez's career.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were set up. First we were told we stole him for practically nothing. Next it was leaked by the HC that Revis couldn't cover him in TC. Next he was rewarded with an incredible contract, next he was made Captain, next he gave up on the team, next he got injured and didn't contribute.

We believed he was great because the HC and GM told us so. We actually saw his performance and re-evaluated. If we simply evaluated him on performance without being set up we would just come to the conclusion he wasn't that productive. Since we were set up by the HC and GM we're a little more pissed than is necessary.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    John Holmes would make a better Jet, and he is dead.