Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 115

Thread: Why do hate Santonio Holmes?

  1. #81
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    Im the smartest douche on JI, WHO THE **** ARE YOU?

    Point proven, as the ability to discern is yet again compromised by tainted viewing skills which the peops who called me racist and an antiseminte employ in your tv frenzied like representation which allows you to recieve only and not contribute anything but gossip in the form of YENTAISM not RACISM, because your ability to use your own mind has never been taught to you, you dumb mother****ers. ANyone who thinks I'm illiogical for using an old gossiping jewish grandma as a representation of some of the foolish mindsets on this board, and doesnt get that, well grow a ****ing pair of balls, after you shave your pu$$ies. And spew your loin absence on a cabbage patch kids board not ****ing football discussion board.
    like I said......

    glad you added this post to corroborate.

  2. #82
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I thought I was following albeit with some difficulty up to this point. Can anyone decode this for me?
    only people who rode the short bus can understand him.

  3. #83
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,825
    Post Thanks / Like
    H.A.M. Says it all

  4. #84
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    H.A.M. Says it all
    green eggs and mofo's.....

    with erections!

  5. #85
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    Im the smartest douche on JI, WHO THE **** ARE YOU?

    Point proven, as the ability to discern is yet again compromised by tainted viewing skills which the peops who called me racist and an antiseminte employ in your tv frenzied like representation which allows you to recieve only and not contribute anything but gossip in the form of YENTAISM not RACISM, because your ability to use your own mind has never been taught to you, you dumb mother****ers. ANyone who thinks I'm illiogical for using an old gossiping jewish grandma as a representation of some of the foolish mindsets on this board, and doesnt get that, well grow a ****ing pair of balls, after you shave your pu$$ies. And spew your loin absence on a cabbage patch kids board not ****ing football discussion board.
    I'm with you on the shaved pu$$ey thing. On the balls after growing them shaved or natural?

  6. #86
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And if you read I said he's a 1, not elite. You and others don't get that not all number 1's have to be top 5 to be a number 1.

    No one will ever be a 1,000 yard WR on a team with a QB who throws for 3K or under. Where most passes are short. A team that doesn't even attempt long passes. You have to look at the team, you're going to have a hard time getting those numbers under the seasons Sanchez has put up.

    Move on already, why are you beating a dead horse? Trying to convince people that washed up WRs are better than Holmes is silly. He can play, thats the point.
    I believe you said "legit" #1, I didn't go back to look. There are 32 #1 receivers in the league. Not all of them are "legit" #1's. Like I said, Holmes is a #1 that the team should continuously be looking to improve upon. Holmes is a very good #2 receiver, he's a sub par #1. Stephen Hill has more potential to be a legit #1 (yes he needs alot of work but the raw talent is there).

  7. #87
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Really is a shame that common sense is something that doesn't get used all that often around here and that post actually may blow some minds lol. It's not difficult to figure out why the wide recievers don't put up the numbers we expect. The past few years we've had two of the most incompetent offensive coordinators in the entire league running a "run first" offensive while having one of the most ineffective quarterbacks in the league. However, the ONE year that QB had success in the passing game, the wide recievers actually looked good. Shocker.

  8. #88
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    One year ... ONE... In his entire career ... With the STEELERS or Jets ... ONE year over 1000 yards ....

    .... This guy is a chump ... A 50,000,000 dollar chump
    You mean like Braylon Edwards? You could literally apply everything you just said to JetsInsiders Jerry Rice 2.0. Holmes played on a Steelers team that ran their offense like we did in '09 and '10. The one year they finally opened it up in the passing game he cracked 1K and recorded 70~ receptions. However, the main difference between the year THEY opened it up and the year WE opened it up??? Well that's the easy part.

    Ben Roethlisberger>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mark Sanchez.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 06-06-2013 at 05:26 PM.

  9. #89
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some people just wanted that hack Edwards and not Holmes. Others just see him as over paid. He is an average starter in this league with some very good ability. Overpaid sure but that was his price at the time. It happens in all sports. He was simply the best option and we paid for it. I personally wanted Santana Moss back cheap but he was old even then.

  10. #90
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    people don't like him because it's always easy to blame someone when things go bad.

    The Miami game was a huge mistake on his part. But funny he gets blame and teammates who fought on field don't.

    He is a legit #1, anyone who says hes not is clueless or letting hate get in the way. He's not top of the league, fine, but hes a 1. He is over PAID, why should anyone hate him for that, he didn't put a gun to anyones head.

    He's never played with a QB who can accurately throw a pass here. We blame Sanchez for everything wrong with the O but blame Holmes for not putting up numbers.
    He's, at best, a borderline #1.

    He put up roughly the same numbers as Braylon Edwards in his first season with the Jets (60 yards a game, 2 100 yard games)
    He put up roughly the same numbers as Plexico Burress in his 2nd season with the Jets

    In 6 healthy years, Holmes has caught 1,000 yards, once. He's caught more than 60 balls in a season, once. How is he a #1 receiver?

  11. #91
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    You mean like Braylon Edwards? You could literally apply everything you just said to JetsInsiders Jerry Rice 2.0. Holmes played on a Steelers team that ran their offense like we did in '09 and '10. The one year they finally opened it up in the passing game he cracked 1K and recorded 70~ receptions. However, the main difference between the year THEY opened it up and the year WE opened it up??? Well that's the easy part.

    Ben Roethlisberger>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mark Sanchez.
    Edwards didn't get #1 money, not even close. Most people who love Edwards, love him at the cost, not $9M/year

  12. #92
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simply put, he is a fair weather player who quits when the going gets tough. He actually dogs it running patterns and is not a good team mate. Beyond, that, he is only a number one on a team with lackluster offensive talent like the NY Jets.

  13. #93
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    He's, at best, a borderline #1.

    He put up roughly the same numbers as Braylon Edwards in his first season with the Jets (60 yards a game, 2 100 yard games)
    He put up roughly the same numbers as Plexico Burress in his 2nd season with the Jets

    In 6 healthy years, Holmes has caught 1,000 yards, once. He's caught more than 60 balls in a season, once. How is he a #1 receiver?
    If you think that Holmes and Plaxico played the same you need to step away from your computer.

    Seriously, I'll say it again, the game is much more than just numbers. Holmes is a legit 1, just not a top 1. No amount of number crunching changes that. Fans need a number, GMs don't. There's a reason everyone said the Jets will keep Holmes over Braylon, thought he was the better of the two.

  14. #94
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I believe you said "legit" #1, I didn't go back to look. There are 32 #1 receivers in the league. Not all of them are "legit" #1's. Like I said, Holmes is a #1 that the team should continuously be looking to improve upon. Holmes is a very good #2 receiver, he's a sub par #1. Stephen Hill has more potential to be a legit #1 (yes he needs alot of work but the raw talent is there).
    Legit isn't elite by any stretch of the imagination. He is a number 1, doesn't mean he's Megatron.

  15. #95
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    People get too caught up in this "#1 WR" terminology. Holmes, when healthy, is undoubtedly the #1 receiving option, so in that sense he's "legit." But he's not "legit" as a top X-receiver that most people associate with the #1 WR - he's not anywhere in the class of Mega, Fitz, Andre, AJ, Julio, or Demaryius. Whether or not Hill can get there remains to be seen. The TE position is becoming ever more relevant so when you look at a team like the Pats you can't even really compare because their top two TEs are options #1,2.

    Holmes IS a playmaker, though. For a team so starved for them, I'm surprised anyone wants him out of town. He's hard to root for but until someone else steps up that's all that is there.

  16. #96
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really surprised at the anti-Holmes sentiment.......thought there would be more support for him.

    Do think the brass & coaches were counting on him to be a #1 in '13. At this point the market has been picked over, yet Sanchez / Smith still need a go-to WR.

    Personally don't believe Holmes will ever recover his pre-injury speed and quickness. Additionally, it's quite obvious he is very self-absorbed, which never works in this type of team sport. So the sentiment is understood.

    Bigger question; how do the Jets protect their QB investments within the WR position?

  17. #97
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,102
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    People get too caught up in this "#1 WR" terminology. Holmes, when healthy, is undoubtedly the #1 receiving option, so in that sense he's "legit." But he's not "legit" as a top X-receiver that most people associate with the #1 WR - he's not anywhere in the class of Mega, Fitz, Andre, AJ, Julio, or Demaryius. Whether or not Hill can get there remains to be seen. The TE position is becoming ever more relevant so when you look at a team like the Pats you can't even really compare because their top two TEs are options #1,2.

    Holmes IS a playmaker, though. For a team so starved for them, I'm surprised anyone wants him out of town. He's hard to root for but until someone else steps up that's all that is there.
    I really can't remember the last big play he made, outside of publically quitting and tossing the ball to the other team when he got a boo boo. And then there was the obvious dogging it when he wasn't the primary, gee, do you think that gave the D any idea's about where the ball wasn't going?

    Seriously, help me remember a few big ones and how long ago they were.

  18. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I really can't remember the last big play he made, outside of publically quitting and tossing the ball to the other team when he got a boo boo. And then there was the obvious dogging it when he wasn't the primary, gee, do you think that gave the D any idea's about where the ball wasn't going?

    Seriously, help me remember a few big ones and how long ago they were.
    Sounds like AHDD to me

    The game winning catch and run TD in OT in Cleveland

    Similar big catches late in games in Detroit and vs Texans at Metlife.

    Not to mention a sensational end zone diving catch that provided a huge TD in.the playoff win over the Pats

    At least a dozen others


    Maybe you've been watching Carolina games and missed them all

  19. #99
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I really can't remember the last big play he made, outside of publically quitting and tossing the ball to the other team when he got a boo boo. And then there was the obvious dogging it when he wasn't the primary, gee, do you think that gave the D any idea's about where the ball wasn't going?

    Seriously, help me remember a few big ones and how long ago they were.

    Pretty much everything he does in this video is a step above what any other WR on the Jets roster can do right now:

    [youtube]pNakPqb98Sk[/youtube]

    Again, not totally amazing, but they are on the books for him this year, and he's the best playmaker on the team.

  20. #100
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sounds like AHDD to me

    The game winning catch and run TD in OT in Cleveland

    Similar big catches late in games in Detroit and vs Texans at Metlife.

    Not to mention a sensational end zone diving catch that provided a huge TD in.the playoff win over the Pats

    At least a dozen others
    I remember all those grabs.

    They were perfectly thrown tosses by Mark Sanchez, the QB who, according to Wet Nuts, "proved he can't play on the NFL level" and was "ineffective for 4 years."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us