Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Why do hate Santonio Holmes?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sounds like AHDD to me

The game winning catch and run TD in OT in Cleveland

Similar big catches late in games in Detroit and vs Texans at Metlife.

Not to mention a sensational end zone diving catch that provided a huge TD in.the playoff win over the Pats

At least a dozen others

Maybe you've been watching Carolina games and missed them all
    So 2010? Then payday came and he became too good for the team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    I remember all those grabs.

They were perfectly thrown tosses by Mark Sanchez, the QB who, according to Wet Nuts, "proved he can't play on the NFL level" and was "ineffective for 4 years."
    Because he WAS completely ineffective and to say otherwise at this point is completely moronic. He was literally piggy backed both years to the playoffs by our defense and our running game. That was ok the first two years, especially when he showed such promise by stepping up in the playoffs. But year three, when everything around him was somewhat depleted and he was asked to make some of the players around him better and shoulder more of the load, he sh*t his pants. Year four was an absolute abortion. He's mentally soft, weak minded, and just a giant p**** as a quarterback.

I honestly don't know how you, or anyone else for that matter, could sit here and defend him over a former Super Bowl MVP who has been stuck with this incompetent a-hole the last three seasons. Any quarterback with a SHRED of talent can throw a simple fade or slant route. Honestly, if ANY of those throws missed it would be alarming. The only one that was somewhat impressive was the Houston fade but honestly it was nothing "incredible". The kid had promise, what killed him was being a was a lack of spine. All I hope for him now is for him to turn into Alex Smith so we can trade him to any team willing to take him and then he can be someone else's "mistake".
    Last edited by Mogglez; 06-07-2013 at 03:01 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Edwards didn't get #1 money, not even close. Most people who love Edwards, love him at the cost, not $9M/year
    I'm not debating that Holmes is overpaid. At the time he was given "top WR in the league" money. As of right not he's not that, but he sure as hell is a number 1 wide receiver. But most people here really forget how:

A.) That's not even his fault for taking what was offered.

B.) How the whole situation with Braylon actually went down that year.

He WANTED #1 money. The Jets didn't think he was worth what he was asking for. Neither did 31 other teams. You really don't think that they wouldn't have paid him the minimum contract he was ultimately given by the 49er's? At that point we didn't want him anymore, and he didn't want to come back. There's no chance in hell he would have signed that contract with us. On that same note, THANK GOD that we didn't ANYTHING to him at all because his bum knee has pretty much rendered him useless.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes truly is a cancerous individual - he has no concept of team and if the Jets are in any type of rebuild he is not the guy you want around a fledging NFL QB.

He's made alot of money from one SB catch.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Caught_Jetster View Post
    Holmes truly is a cancerous individual - he has no concept of team and if the Jets are in any type of rebuild he is not the guy you want around a fledging NFL QB.

He's made alot of money from one SB catch.
    In fairness, that was the most clutch, shocker I've ever seen in a SB... If he was a Jet under those circumstances his number would be getting retired.

Like it or not, the dude is the best WR we have (possibly) and he makes some good catches. WHEN IT COUNTS. (Can't fault him for shlt QB play)

I would have chosen Braylon, but Tannenbum is a friigin moron, so... I wish he wasn't so cap heavy though

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    So 2010? Then payday came and he became too good for the team.
    no actually, in 2011 and 2012 he was saddled with the worst quarterback in the NFL for two seasons. Even if he had an overrated stiff like Cam Newton there instead of Suckchez, his results would have been much better

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    People talk about 2012 a lot around here...

Dude was looking REALLY good until his injury, and IDGAF about the damn fumble, losing him for the rest of the year hurt the team WAY worse than that fumble.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    In fairness, that was the most clutch, shocker I've ever seen in a SB... If he was a Jet under those circumstances his number would be getting retired.

Like it or not, the dude is the best WR we have (possibly) and he makes some good catches. WHEN IT COUNTS. (Can't fault him for shlt QB play)

I would have chosen Braylon, but Tannenbum is a friigin moron, so... I wish he wasn't so cap heavy though
    He is a talented WR, no doubt.

I just feel that his sum worth is actually a negative when you factor in his lack of work ethic/team play etc.

You don't want this guy on the field when adversity strikes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Receivers that are plain better than him, regardless of being #1 or 2 on their team, and regardless of age:

C Johnson
    A Johnson
    LFitzgerald
    A Boldin
    V Jackson
    D Bryant
    R White
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Steve Smith
    M Colston
    B Marshall
    D Bowe
    R Wayne
    T Smith
    D Thomas
    Welker
    Crabtree
    Torrey Smith
    S Rice
    D Jackson
    H Nicks
    V Cruz
    P Harvin
    M Wallace
    S Moss
    D Moore
    Jordy Nelson
    Greg Jennings
    J Maclin
    Antonio Brown
    Steve Johnson
    James Jones

That's just off the top of my head, guys I would take straight up over Holmes. He's not a legitimate #1 receiver. Holmes is a great slot receiver, but he is not a legitimate #1. He has flashes of talent, but he can not carry a WR corp. As raw as he is Stephen Hill has alot more potential to be a true #1 than Holmes.
    How many of these guys made the top 100? Moss?

It's ok not to like Holmes. But to overstate the point about his level of play, takes away your credibility

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Because he WAS completely ineffective and to say otherwise at this point is completely moronic. He was literally piggy backed both years to the playoffs by our defense and our running game.
    Okaaay. Who made those throws - the defense and running game?

Do you even know what "ineffective" means?

Didn't think so. You are beyond "moronic."

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to cherry pick the post. if you are actually capable of reading you'll see what the entire post said. If you really think that a slant or fade are really that difficult of throws and Mark Sanchez made exceptional throws that only Brady Rodgers or Manning are capable of, then I don't know what to tell you other than you're a complete idiot. We could of had Kellen Clemens for each one of those throws and they likely would have resulted in the same play. How quickly we also forget the fact that for 2 of those 3 games we were losing to teams we had no business losing to because "The Sh*tchize" looked like absolute garbage against the Browns and the Lions.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Guess 5 or so passes qualify as effective.

You're right, the whole world and every ranking system there is to judge a QB is wrong. Sanchez has not been ineffective.

Proving to all that you don't have a clue what "ineffective" means. Beyond "moronic."
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-07-2013 at 01:57 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly have no problems with holmes problem is alot people cant get pass that huge moment of fustration from the miami game 2 yrs ago. (Which was understanable when the qb is playing like complete **** ). Holmes was a Top 10 WR when he got here. As far as i can see from his hot start last year Holmes didnt regress his QB play did.

Give Peyton or any Competent QB (that can throw a guy open and hit a guy in stride) Holmes and he is back to being his Game Changer self.
    Last edited by Scoop24; 06-07-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I honestly have no problems with holmes problem is alot people cant get pass that huge moment of fustration from the miami game 2 yrs ago. Which is understanable when the qb is playing like complete **** . Holmes was a Top 10 WR when he got here. As far as i can see from his hot start last year Holmes didnt regress his QB play did.
    Tone had enough of the buttfumbling turnover machine at the end of the 2011 season.

He was correct and prescient. It took many Jet fans including myself nearly another year to realize the POS sucked as an NFL QB. Strangely there are still a small cadre here at JI who are still blaming everybody and everything else for Sucky's continued abysmal failure at QB

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of years ago there was a commercial on t.v. I forget what for.
    But the reporter is in the locker room interviewing an athlete and he says..

There ain't no "I" in team ...the players responds..There ain't no "WE" either~