Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OTA News from today - 06/05/13

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like they're being overly protective of Hill....

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 19m
    Stephen Hill plans to take reps during mandatory mini camp, says #Jets are being extra cautious with knee | http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ts_out_of.html

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Orr's report is light years ahead of Cimini. Why even post what the Cimini clown writes, it is so doom and gloom it reads like an Onion parody.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Looks like they're being overly protective of Hill....
    Not overly protective. The right amount of protective. These OTAs are of minimal importance. I want him to be at 100% for training camp.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill's knee worries me, he stinks of a player that can't stay healthy, hope I'm wrong cause we need him in the worst way this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Hill's knee worries me, he stinks of a player that can't stay healthy, hope I'm wrong cause we need him in the worst way this year.
    Hill hatred is a pretty bid pasttime it seems.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    This team is going to exciting to watch here in 2013
    Well done. LOL

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering we gave up our 5th and 7th round picks to get him he's been a disappointment so far IMO. I wonder what players might be on the team if Tanny stood pat in 2012. Idzig landed Oday Aboushi and Tommy Bohanon respectively. I hope I never again see the day that this team moves up for a player in the draft. I'm not suggesting that Hill won't work out. I'm just saying less is never more in my book.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Hill hatred is a pretty bid pasttime it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Considering we gave up our 5th and 7th round picks to get him he's been a disappointment so far IMO. I wonder what players might be on the team if Tanny stood pat in 2012. Idzig landed Oday Aboushi and Tommy Bohanon respectively. I hope I never again see the day that this team moves up for a player in the draft. I'm not suggesting that Hill won't work out. I'm just saying less is never more in my book.
    I have absolutely nothing against him other then staying healthy, yes he had some crucial drops and disappeared in games etc but he showed flashes last year.

How anyone can get on his back last year is not looking at the big picture, no WR could of had success in that sham of a gimmick offence Sparano was running.

Soon as Holmes went down he was up against the best CB's week in week out with no legitimate WR threat on the opposite side, he had a lot to deal with for a second rounder with minimal receptions in college.

Had he been a first rounder, sure valid criticism.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have absolutely nothing against him other then staying healthy, yes he had some crucial drops and disappeared in games etc but he showed flashes last year.

How anyone can get on his back last year is not looking at the big picture, no WR could of had success in that sham of a gimmick offence Sparano was running.

Soon as Holmes went down he was up against the best CB's week in week out with no legitimate WR threat on the opposite side, he had a lot to deal with for a second rounder with minimal receptions in college.

Had he been a first rounder, sure valid criticism.
    Good post, fully agree. You have to give a player like this time, but it's only human nature to want to see more. You can say he flashed last year, but the majority of that flash was in week 1 where he had 25% of his total receptions for the year.

Would really like to see him be a consistent 3-catch/game guy this year, so while holding him out of OTAs is the right move from a health perspective, it doesn't do anything for his development.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Good post, fully agree. You have to give a player like this time, but it's only human nature to want to see more. You can say he flashed last year, but the majority of that flash was in week 1 where he had 25% of his total receptions for the year.

Would really like to see him be a consistent 3-catch/game guy this year, so while holding him out of OTAs is the right move from a health perspective, it doesn't do anything for his development.
    Can't argue with that at all, for me there is way to much expectation/burden for him to produce right away and it will contribute to a stunt in his development.

When he was on the field last year he was expected to beat press coverage of seasoned number 1 corners, he needs to be utilised in the right way.

He needs a few gimme catches for his confidence, a nice screen now and then to utilise that explosive speed etc.

I have high hopes for him this year in a conventional offence and knowledgable play caller. His draft position and limited catches etc demand time for him to develop, just hope as a fanbase we allow it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would really like to see him be a consistent 3-catch/game guy this year
    Way to set the bar high.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Way to set the bar high.
    Hey, it's a realistic bar. 50 catches in year 2 for a guy barely caught that many his entire college career would be reasonable progression. We can talk 70+ after he hits 50.

Cotchery was NC State's all-time leading receiver when he graduated, and that guy didn't see the field until year 3.

Patience with Hill.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, it's a realistic bar. 50 catches in year 2 for a guy barely caught that many his entire college career would be reasonable progression. We can talk 70+ after he hits 50.

Cotchery was NC State's all-time leading receiver when he graduated, and that guy didn't see the field until year 3.

Patience with Hill.
    Cotchery was a 4th rounded with little speed.

Hill is a 2nd round pick with elite speed.

But you are right, 50 catches would be great in year 2 considering.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    From Connor Orr - check out the WRs that were running with the 1's during the two minute drill. I'll take the QB stats (even Sanchez's) with a grain of salt considering that motely crew. But we better get someone like Bray in here come training camp if our best guys continued to be sidelined.
    Of course we do not know if any of Sanchez' or Smith's passes were accurate and catachable passes. Seems to me that we will never develop anyone if we keep signing old players. Lets wait to see if maybe the poor stats are the result of inaccurate passing before we panic and rush out to sign a veteran receiver. Even a vet can not catch inaccurate passes into the dirt or sky-high, or wide right, left!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team is going to exciting to watch here in 2013
    are you kidding me? the offense looks atrocious. Our big free-agent RB signing is facing felony charges, and at the WR position Holmes and Hill figure to have injury issues carry over from last year.
    Even if Geno Smith is a good QB he has zero support from the skill positions.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    are you kidding me? the offense looks atrocious. Our big free-agent RB signing is facing felony charges, and at the WR position Holmes and Hill figure to have injury issues carry over from last year.
    Good post; for a Crazey.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Yeah I was kidding you actually I hate how this team is constructed. We keep using all of our 1st round picks on defense, the offense has no playmakers, just don't see how we're going to score points. Going to be a lot of 17-9 type games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I was kidding you actually I hate how this team is constructed. We keep using all of our 1st round picks on defense, the offense has no playmakers, just don't see how we're going to score points. Going to be a lot of 17-9 type games.
    Austin wasn't available at 9 so we went for BPA. You don't build great teams by passing up better players just because you want guys on O

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that was Westhoff....

So...... WHY the FVCK is Dick talking trash about Westy again?!

He'd kick Dick's balls all the way down the field and through the uprights.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Austin wasn't available at 9 so we went for BPA. You don't build great teams by passing up better players just because you want guys on O
    Yup. There was no picks on offense to take