Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OTA News from today - 06/05/13

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Wanted Decastro last year, Warmack and Eifert this year. Years prior to that I don't recall and I'm honestly not a huge draftnik. I've been beating the drum of the Jets making it a priority to surround the QB with talent for years, I just don't agree with how they're building the team. Nothing wrong with going with best available offensive player, especially with Rex here
    tanny wasn't trying to build a team the way the 49ers and seahawks, giants and steelers do. he was trying to win a quick one and plug holes that needed plugging. with a new regime and new approach, there was unfortunately a disconnect between the draft's strengths and weaknesses and those of the jets. i'm confident that next offseason/draft, with more caproom and a different draftable talent base, the jets will be better able to draft for both need and value.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Let's think that through.

2012: After the Jets took Coples, the next skill position player taken was Kendall Wright at 20 followed by AJ Jenkins at 30. Wright's a decent player but no game breaker, and Jenkins had all of zero catches his rookie year. Doug Martin would have been a good pick, but a tremendous reach in the middle of the first round, especially for a team still looking to see what it had in Greene. Then the Jets move up in Rd 2 to draft a 6-4 WR with sub 4.4 speed.

2011: After the Jets take Wilkerson, the next non-QB skill position players taken (remember, at the time the Jets were coming off back to back AFC championship appearances so QB wasn't an option) are Ryan Williams (bust), Kyle Rudolph (good TE but not an elite player), Titus Young . . .

2010: After the Jets take Wilson, the next skill position players taken are Jahvid Best, Dexter McCluster, Arrelious Benn, Gronkowski and Toby Gerhart. There's only one elite player in there, he's an injury risk, and he plays the same position as Keller, who we drafted in the first round just a year earlier.

Go back and look at those drafts. Realistically speaking, and without the benefit of hindsight, who were the offensive players you wanted to draft in those spots?
    This post makes me sick!!!

Cant I and others complain without you bringing common sense and rationality into the mix!!!!

No, what others are saying is that the Jets had to use a creative soultion to get the skill players you need. Maybe for example you trade a player to get draft picks.

At the end of the day you cant just sit there and have poor skill quality NFL players on offense and then act like you are shocked that the offense isn't perfoming better and that would be true even excluding Sanchez' poor play!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post

Way to set the bar high. What is that , like 3 catches a game?
    Which would put him in the company of James Lofton, T Owens and Reggie Wayne in their second seasons

Tim Brown didn't get there until year 4, Chris Carter in year 5.