Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: Where were all of the gun owners??????

  1. #41
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I would have to guess that the campus of this college is also a "gun free" zone.
    Obviously college students should carry.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Yes, you must be confused.

    Because of the scare tactics of the gun grabbing lefties, our commercial pilots were banned from carrying a firearm. That's how a handful of men with box-cutters took control of multiple planes at once and killed thousands of innocent people.
    Please site who banned commercial pilots from carrying.

  3. #43
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You are a dick; a complete tool. You will never "get separation" from this destiny, either.


    You're a moderator? Calling people a dick? I suggest you are a fool. West Coast? SF? Perhaps you have a gender identity problem. More than perhaps.
    The state of California, by and large, is run by idiots. It's bankrupt and has Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein and Brown. Nothing more needs to be said.

  4. #44
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    You're a moderator? Calling people a dick?
    I'm outraged.

  5. #45
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    You're a moderator? Calling people a dick? I suggest you are a fool. West Coast? SF? Perhaps you have a gender identity problem. More than perhaps.
    The state of California, by and large, is run by idiots. It's bankrupt and has Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein and Brown. Nothing more needs to be said.
    Before that there were Dutch Reagan and Arnold. My point is that you are speaking out of your backside; you know nothing of this subject, except on some sort of spreadsheet. I breathe the air here everyday.

    Imagine if I spoke out of turn about your life; like I lived in a tacky, over-priced, over-manicured development inhabited by narcissistic paranoids such as yourself.

    You would know I had no clue; and you would be right to call me on it.

  6. #46
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Before that there were Dutch Reagan and Arnold. My point is that you are speaking out of your backside; you know nothing of this subject, except on some sort of spreadsheet. I breathe the air here everyday.

    Imagine if I spoke out of turn about your life; like I lived in a tacky, over-priced, over-manicured development inhabited by narcissistic paranoids such as yourself.

    You would know I had no clue; and you would be right to call me on it.
    I saw an episode of Too Close for Comfort. Don't tell me that Monroe Ficus wasnt a poof. So you all must be.

  7. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Before that there were Dutch Reagan and Arnold. My point is that you are speaking out of your backside; you know nothing of this subject, except on some sort of spreadsheet. I breathe the air here everyday.

    Imagine if I spoke out of turn about your life; like I lived in a tacky, over-priced, over-manicured development inhabited by narcissistic paranoids such as yourself.

    You would know I had no clue; and you would be right to call me on it.
    While i don't agree with all of Palmetto's sentiment, you can learn a lot about people from those they choose to govern them. The gun laws in California do reflect on the average disposition of the citizenry of California, and imo they reflect very poorly.

  8. #48
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    While i don't agree with all of Palmetto's sentiment, you can learn a lot about people from those they choose to govern them. The gun laws in California do reflect on the average disposition of the citizenry of California, and imo they reflect very poorly.
    I agree 100% that politics is a boat tossing and heaving on the surface of the sea of the people. I say "the" because each one has their own mind and determination...the whole is analogous to the individual, making it exactly, consistently, as you say.

    BTW, Close friends of mine (and my sons) were gunned down by a guy from MS-13; a case of mistaken identity murder. Bologna family; 2008. He was a voluble italian that got tatted up because he looked like the gang bangers in his neighborhood (where he was very visible). Anyway, I don't know how being armed would have helped my friends; they were jumped in cold blood; it was over seemingly before it started. PAP PAP PAP PIP PIP - you can hear that.

  9. #49
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was buying another gun

    Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_population

    As per Wiki California had 37.2 million souls in the 2010 Census

    Not being a dick, just sayin'.
    how many illegal aliens with illegal guns

  11. #51
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_population

    As per Wiki California had 37.2 million souls in the 2010 Census

    Not being a dick, just sayin'.
    Sure felt like 50 million when I was there...hooo boy

    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 06-14-2013 at 11:10 PM.

  12. #52
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    The gun owners would have arrested by the gentle folks in California

  13. #53
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    While i don't agree with all of Palmetto's sentiment, you can learn a lot about people from those they choose to govern them. The gun laws in California do reflect on the average disposition of the citizenry of California, and imo they reflect very poorly.
    This called representative government. I'm sure the people in California think the reflection is just fine.

    Guess what....it's their state and you never have to go there! God Bless Merica!

  14. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    This called representative government.
    That was rather my point.
    I'm sure the people in California think the reflection is just fine.
    I'm sure the majority of Californians do.
    Guess what....it's their state and you never have to go there! God Bless Merica!
    Thank you for taking the time to disabuse me of the notion i was required to tour the states...

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    That was rather my point.

    I'm sure the majority of Californians do.

    Thank you for taking the time to disabuse me of the notion i was required to tour the states...
    Seth Rogan was recently on Howard Stern promoting his movie. He disussed how he hasn't been in or made a movie in California in 10 years. The costs are too high. Even the bleeding hypocrit hollywood types simply live there but they wont produce there.


    See Bill Mahers point.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-nX5YsKHBQ

  16. #56
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I agree 100% that politics is a boat tossing and heaving on the surface of the sea of the people. I say "the" because each one has their own mind and determination...the whole is analogous to the individual, making it exactly, consistently, as you say.

    BTW, Close friends of mine (and my sons) were gunned down by a guy from MS-13; a case of mistaken identity murder. Bologna family; 2008. He was a voluble italian that got tatted up because he looked like the gang bangers in his neighborhood (where he was very visible). Anyway, I don't know how being armed would have helped my friends; they were jumped in cold blood; it was over seemingly before it started. PAP PAP PAP PIP PIP - you can hear that.
    I am very sorry about the loss of your friend. You are most likely correct that a firearm wouldn't have helped in that particular situation. I don't contend that carrying a concealed weapon prevents any ill from befalling you, however i do believe that it's a help far more often than it's a hindrance. Like a seatbelt, you may never need it, or it may not be enough to make a difference, but there circumstances under which you'll be damn glad you had it on.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us