View Poll Results: If you were a federal juror, what would be your stance on Snowden?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would vote to acquit based on nullification of a dangerous law.

3 17.65%
  • I would vote to convict, but opt for the lightest sentence.

5 29.41%
  • I would vote to convict, with no opinion on the sentence.

3 17.65%
  • I would vote to convict and vote for the strongest sentence.

6 35.29%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Snowden Case - Would you nullify?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    If Snowden broke the law, he should be convicted. Personally, I would prefer a "light" sentence.

In an age where government power and technology are growing rapidly, there is a need for some sort of counterbalance and transparency when it comes to large, sweeping policies that affect millions of innocent Americans.

Without people like Snowden and groups like WikiLeaks, the American public would be much less informed about the realities and ways of the world around them. Knowledge is power, and it's something the government is actively trying to suppress all in the name of security. It's a dangerous proposition, one which should be scrutinized to a large degree.
    The tone I'm getting from this post is that Snowden and Wikileaks are somehow trying to improve the US govt and the lives of its citizens.

That's a crock.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    The tone I'm getting from this post is that Snowden and Wikileaks are somehow trying to improve the US govt and the lives of its citizens.

That's a crock.
    I won't speak for Wikileaks, but what motive do you propose Snowden had? Not saying it was the right way to do it, but I find some of the vitriol here interesting. Suddenly our local conservative, small government advocates think the NSA is the best thing since white bread and apple pie. That too is a crock.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post

That's a crock.
    Agree to disagree.

The government needs to be kept in check, and it's sure not originating anywhere in Washington.

Do you think the government will be so quick to order another round of sweeping "we want millions of American citizens phone records" policy? Maybe, maybe not, but at the very least their actions have been exposed to the public as being overly invasive, and they'll hopefully think twice about it.

The bigger "crock" in this situation is how our security has been put in jeopardy. BS. The only thing put in jeopardy is the complacency of the establishment.