Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As a note to all in here

Jets Insider VIP

As a note to all in here

When in court do not smack your counsel on the ass...

Under the terms of the agreement, Johnson’s probation would have been extended to December 21, and he would have performed 25 hours of community service.

“You better thank your lawyer. He did a great job for you,” Broward Circuit Court Judge Kathleen McHugh told Johnson after accepting the agreement.

Johnson responded by slapping attorney Adam Swickle on the butt. Which prompted the judge to call the whole thing off.

She believed Johnson wasn’t taking the situation seriously, so she rejected the plea deal and sentenced him to 30 days in jail.

state court judges are mostly idiots. Best to keep your mouth shut and arms by your sides lest you be perceived to be "disrespecting" them, or god forbid, the sanctity of the proceedings.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Perhaps this explains 32's disappearance?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Stick View Post
    state court judges are mostly idiots. Best to keep your mouth shut and arms by your sides lest you be perceived to be "disrespecting" them, or god forbid, the sanctity of the proceedings.
    Yeah that's it. This guy is not an JO by any means... the judge is.
    The courtroom is supposed to be a place of respect. This fool did something wrong for about the 12th time in his life, but the Judge is the idiot. I get it.

If only he sought legal counsel the Hampur first...

All League
    What if your lawyer is Aria Giovani?

Hall Of Fame
    Judging by the formal title of this thread, I thought Ruby was going to take a leadership role after the 32Green/Borgo trainwreck and show some mod potential.

Instead it's an Ochcinco butt slap story.

Bewildered Beast
    SOOTH had me take Ruby out for a meal; get a closer look.

Even the waiter knew it was hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Judging by the formal title of this thread, I thought Ruby was going to take a leadership role after the 32Green/Borgo trainwreck and show some mod potential.

Instead it's an Ochcinco butt slap story.

so you're saying he's perfect for the job??

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    The courtroom is supposed to be a place of respect. This fool did something wrong for about the 12th time in his life, but the Judge is the idiot. I get it.
    I would normally agree with you, but after watching the video and seeing that Chad patted his attorney on the butt right after the judge says that he ought to appreciate the excellent job done by his attorney, I think she overreacted. So there was some light laughter/giggling in her court. God forbid anyone snicker in her royal highness' presence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MZ8Dy8uOho

Hall Of Fame
    Obviously she is a racist.

Look at what the clown is wearing to court. He is a millionaire. Get a suit.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 06-10-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I would normally agree with you, but after watching the video and seeing that Chad patted his attorney on the butt right after the judge says that he ought to appreciate the excellent job done by his attorney, I think she overreacted. So there was some light laughter/giggling in her court. God forbid anyone snicker in her royal highness' presence.

During the whole Michael Vick trial we had to hear how dog fighting was his culture as if to excuse it but a slap on the butt is in the culture of a football player. We all know the guy is a dumb ass, I am surprised she was surprised by him being a dumb ass. Also her complaint was that everyone laughed as though he can control other people's reactions. I don't think he even smirked. If he patted him on the back it would have been fine. I understand her reaction but I do think it was over the top to a small degree.

Maybe the 30 days in jail will make him wake up and realize he doesn't always get away with everything.

Also the judge is decent looking for a judge. Wonder what she looks like under that robe.

Hall Of Fame
    God forbid anyone snicker in her royal highness' presence.
    would still smash

the rotund snickering brother behind him gave it away

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    would still smash

the rotund snickering brother behind him gave it away
    Laughter in the courtroom - killer.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    Funny, I thought a courtroom was supposed to be a place of justice. If her highness had any security in her own person and station in life, she would have either ignored it or sternly reprimanded him at most.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Look at what the clown is wearing to court. He is a millionaire. Get a suit.
    Used to annoy the hell out of me when I would see inmates for weeks, months, dressed like the skells that they were, but come court day, they were natted up in a suit. I could never decide what annoyed me more, that they did it or that it somehow actually impressed upon the judge/jury that they were somehow less skelly.

He's dressed fine, imo. The reaction of the judge was completely unwarranted. Comment on it, sure, but let it go. He's a former pro football player that slapped some guy's butt for a job well-done, one publicly lauded by the judge herself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Stick View Post
    Funny, I thought a courtroom was supposed to be a place of justice. If her highness had any security in her own person and station in life, she would have either ignored it or sternly reprimanded him at most.
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    did this happen to you Ruby? Which mod is the humorless ban hammer?

Plus UNO.

What a *****. Either the sentence was just or not....a little giggling shouldn't change it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

LMAO

The judge is a stone cold Ice Queen for sure. I have no sympathy for Ochocinco, though. Isn't he on trial for domestic abuse? And he clowns around in front of what looks like a militant feminazi judge? You're asking for trouble.

Jets Insider VIP
    30 days in jail. That's easier then in school suspension in high school. You know what a pain in the ass community service and probation is. Any Guy takes the thirty days. Over and done with. Probation is just a way of keeping your ass on ice literally so they can double your charge. Avoid staying in the system as much as you can. Thirty days in vs six months probation all day every day.