Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow a Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    How does anyone think tebow will be an effective h-back/TE? He's slow and showed nothing in the sense that he can run routes, beat coverages and even catch a football. He won't make week 1 on the roster.
    I wouldn't write him off so easily. Bellichik is a smart dude and knows talent when he sees it. The high profile guys who languished in NE were for the most case mental cases like Haynesworth, or lazy guys like Lloyd, malcontent attention seekers like Ocho etc.Tebow is highly motivated has won playoff games when the chips were down and showed enough speed to outrun a starting safety in Eric Smith for the td

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    - Brady takes paycut for Welker
    - Pats don't sign Welker
    - bring in Tebow

Alrighty then.
    I don't think that Brady took a paycut for Welker. The Pats didn't seem to want Welker back anyway.

How much did it take to sign Tebow? Probably not much.

All Pro
    Priceless

Originally Posted by NY's stepchild
    Show a little self respect.

Ucrenegade;
    what?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Is this a joke???
    No, he's retarded.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    NE is giving him a chance to learn how to be a QB under Brady. They are doing so because Belicheck is good freinds with Urban Meyer and because Josh McDaniels has a personal interest in Tebow. They are the only team willing to do this at all because they are one of the only teams who can.
    Ding ding ding....we have a winner. This will be the biggest non-story of the year.

Umm....I think I misjudged that trajectory....

Any way for me to change my username???

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But that's the point. How can the Patriots use him? Where is the upside to this move?

Early words right now are suggesting that he is there as a QB not another position. So how is it going to work?

Also I've been looking at how Patriots fans are reacting to this on their forum. Most of them don't like it
    A bunch of us got the news at the bar as we came off of the golf course earlier today. Most of us were pretty excited about it. I'd even say that there was a bit of Tebow-mania in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    In order to get rid of Brady, the Jets had to sacrifice a virgin....
    Good one.

Right up there with the "Gronk will get Tebow laid" post from earlier in this thread.

Keep up the good work.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Watch him move to TE/H-Back and rack up big numbers...mainly against us.
    BINGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Belichick can't control the media. Every question the reporters ask will be about Tebow. He can give non-answers but they'll just keep asking, and it won't just be him they're asking, every player will be getting asked about Tebow, and it'll be every single day. Watch
    I watch his pressers all the time, and he's way past not answering questions. He has them all trained and they hardly ask any questions any more.

I actually can't wait to see what the canned answers are going to be for the Tebow madness.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    the jets couldn't even make tebow a good punt protector-- what makes you think he can be a TE let alone a pro bowler? Have you seen him catch? Can he block? Tebow made the jets look bad enough while he was here... what do you see him doing in NE that's going to make us look any worse? If anything it will be redeeming to see him fail with another team
    If Rex Ryan can't make a QB the best punt protector in football, what could Bill Belichick ever do with him? Maybe your mom should stop serving you drinks at dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    If Rex Ryan can't make a QB the best punt protector in football, what could Bill Belichick ever do with him? Maybe your mom should stop serving you drinks at dinner.
    Good answer. I would also have accepted "I have no clue what I'm talking about"

This move is such a spiteful FU to the Jets. I can already see Belicheat using Tebow at shotgun qb draw on the 1 yard line after Brady marched the ball down the field on us 79 yards. Did Leon Hess rape Beli's family or something why the hate?

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    This move is such a spiteful FU to the Jets. I can already see Belicheat using Tebow at shotgun qb draw on the 1 yard line after Brady marched the ball down the field on us 79 yards. Did Leon Hess rape Beli's family or something why the hate?
    The pats are paying back a favor to roger "I destroyed the tapes" goodell

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    I wouldn't write him off so easily. Bellichik is a smart dude and knows talent when he sees it. The high profile guys who languished in NE were for the most case mental cases like Haynesworth, or lazy guys like Lloyd, malcontent attention seekers like Ocho etc.Tebow is highly motivated has won playoff games when the chips were down and showed enough speed to outrun a starting safety in Eric Smith for the td
    Teblow isn't doing sh*t for the Pats accept running qb draws against us in the red zone. He won't even be #2 on their depth chart. Mallet is better and obviously Brady is the franchise. This move has "I hate the NY Jets" written all over it.

And people need to stop with this 5th grade BS about Tebow changing positions to TE or FB. It is not happening. He is a QB - granted not a very good one but he is and always will be a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    The pats are paying back a favor to roger "I destroyed the tapes" goodell
    Wouldn't be shocked. Goodell wants Tebow in the NFL so bad his d*ck probably gets hard just thinking about it. $$ Ka-Ching

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Wouldn't be shocked. Goodell wants Tebow in the NFL so bad his d*ck probably gets hard just thinking about it. $$ Ka-Ching
    That's true, the NFL is really struggling for cash, fans and publicity these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    That's true, the NFL is really struggling for cash, fans and publicity these days.
    Hey I didn't know the new business model is to try to not decrease the size of your earnings. Where did you go to business school? Devry?

All League
    Who is a better TE, tebow or Winslow Jr?