Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 625

Thread: Tebow a Patriot

  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    When has he been rattled? Belichick didn't blink an eye when the SpyGate media descended on him in 2007, or in the 7 Super Bowls he's been a part of. Belichick seriously doesn't give a **** about any of this. He'll never crack... and if he's even thinking about cracking, he'll simply cut Tebow, end story.
    Uh huh, sure thing, he'll never crack, he'll just run off the field without shaking hands. He'll mumble through his PC's after a loss because he has too, all the while showing a complete lack of professionalism and poor sportsmanship.

    I fail to see how Rex cracked at all during Tebowmania, it's not even about cracking, it's about having to deal with it at all.

    Rex' only mistake is that he is too genuine, and doesn't know when to draw a line with the media, to an extent, he doesn't care that they have to do their jobs, but he'll still stand in front of them, and tell them probably too much.

  2. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Ray is a tool. What rational human being would seek approval of a garden hoe?
    Approval? I seek approval from nobody.

    The only tool here is the same schmo who's avatar is a burning truck with the Jets logo on it. Must go well in the SOJF parties.

  3. #383
    Heh, this thread is absolutely hilarious. Time for some


  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I guess BB thinks tommy is getting too old to play more than 3-4 snaps per series. A young buck like Tebow will make a difference.

    I like it; geniusery.
    geniusery©

    I think they're going to make him a captain for Jets week

  5. #385
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4908688]Uh huh, sure thing, he'll never crack, he'll just run off the field without shaking hands. He'll mumble through his PC's after a loss because he has too, all the while showing a complete lack of professionalism and poor sportsmanship.

    I fail to see how Rex cracked at all during Tebowmania, it's not even about cracking, it's about having to deal with it at all.

    Rex' only mistake is that he is too genuine, and doesn't know when to draw a line with the media, to an extent, he doesn't care that they have to do their jobs, but he'll still stand in front of them, and tell them probably too much.[/QUOTE]

    +1

    One of Rex's best qualities. He faithful almost to a fault. He's an honorable guy that players want to play for. They know he has their backs.

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Uh huh, sure thing, he'll never crack, he'll just run off the field without shaking hands. He'll mumble through his PC's after a loss because he has too, all the while showing a complete lack of professionalism and poor sportsmanship.

    I fail to see how Rex cracked at all during Tebowmania, it's not even about cracking, it's about having to deal with it at all.

    Rex' only mistake is that he is too genuine, and doesn't know when to draw a line with the media, to an extent, he doesn't care that they have to do their jobs, but he'll still stand in front of them, and tell them probably too much.
    You basically summed it up - Rex cares what the media thinks about him and his team, sometimes too much, and Belichick simply doesn't care at all.

    I don't know if Rex "cracked" during Tebowmania, but he sure talked a lot about Tebow and his potential usage. The media ran for days with his mention of "maybe we'll use him for 20 plays." Accurate or not, it gave the media fodder. Belichick won't give you any of that, ever, and the media storm is going to turn into a small breeze shortly. It's undeniable that the teams are going to have handled the Tebow acquisition in complete opposite ways, for better or worse.

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Heh, this thread is absolutely hilarious. Time for some

    Congrats to your Pats!

  8. #388
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,269
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You basically summed it up - Rex cares what the media thinks about him and his team, sometimes too much, and Belichick simply doesn't care at all.

    I don't know if Rex "cracked" during Tebowmania, but he sure talked a lot about Tebow and his potential usage. The media ran for days with his mention of "maybe we'll use him for 20 plays." Accurate or not, it gave the media fodder. Belichick won't give you any of that, ever, and the media storm is going to turn into a small breeze shortly. It's undeniable that the teams are going to have handled the Tebow acquisition in complete opposite ways, for better or worse.
    Agreed. The motivation for signing Tebow is also completely different between the Jets and Pats. The Jets signed him to garner publicity and attention during the offseason after the Giants had won the Super Bowl. The Pats are signing him as a favor so he has a team to work out with for the summer.

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You basically summed it up - Rex cares what the media thinks about him and his team, sometimes too much, and Belichick simply doesn't care at all.

    I don't know if Rex "cracked" during Tebowmania, but he sure talked a lot about Tebow and his potential usage. The media ran for days with his mention of "maybe we'll use him for 20 plays." Accurate or not, it gave the media fodder. Belichick won't give you any of that, ever, and the media storm is going to turn into a small breeze shortly. It's undeniable that the teams are going to have handled the Tebow acquisition in complete opposite ways, for better or worse.
    No, I didn't say that Rex cares, he doesn't, he just doesn't mind giving them the time of day, and probably does too much, despite the fact that they **** on him and the team for all of his efforts.

    Rex doesn't care about fodder. Belichick does though, that's why he operates a system enriched of paranoia that somebody is out to get him, and after spygate, we all have an idea why.

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You basically summed it up - Rex cares what the media thinks about him and his team, sometimes too much, and Belichick simply doesn't care at all.

    I don't know if Rex "cracked" during Tebowmania, but he sure talked a lot about Tebow and his potential usage. The media ran for days with his mention of "maybe we'll use him for 20 plays." Accurate or not, it gave the media fodder. Belichick won't give you any of that, ever, and the media storm is going to turn into a small breeze shortly. It's undeniable that the teams are going to have handled the Tebow acquisition in complete opposite ways, for better or worse.
    Have to agree with this. "Cracked" is too strong a word, but Rex didn't control the media by any means. He dealt with every Tebow question, and it forced him to look like an idiot by repeatedly saying "Mark Sanchez gives us the best chance to win."

    That was a 100% true statement in terms of the 2012 Jets. But having to say that about a player still known for a buttfumble rips at his credibility. And it allowed the media to ask questions like, "how can you say that when Sanchez is playing so poorly?" Which only did further damage, however little.

    Belichick won't have that issue with Tebow. And if he does, I don't think he'd take the time to answer questions the way Rex does, which is truly the best way to prevent a media distraction. You won't have journalists trying to prod players for dirt on whether Tebow should play more or not. It just won't be the weekly annoyance for the Pats as it was for us.

  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    No, I didn't say that Rex cares, he doesn't, he just doesn't mind giving them the time of day, and probably does too much, despite the fact that they **** on him and the team for all of his efforts.

    Rex doesn't care about fodder. Belichick does though, that's why he operates a system enriched of paranoia that somebody is out to get him, and after spygate, we all have an idea why.
    Rex doesn't care about the perception of his team?? Huh?

    And the bolded is just complete BS, you are talking out of your ass here with nothing to back up such an assertion. I'm done with this conversation because our respective biases make this topic totally impossible to discuss.

  12. #392
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    So you end the conference. It's not hard when you don't want the attention. The NFL has put up with BB being rude for 38 years now. I don't see any issue with it. You'll see. If Tim becomes an issue, Tebow will be back on the streets. The Jets committed a draft pick and money to Tebow last year. The Patriots are not invested in him.
    You end the presser? And you get fined. You have to have them and you will have to field questions, even if you don't answer them. And that's not talking info account the players being asked if Tebow farted today.

    It's one thing to bring a player in who brought his team back and into the playoffs, then won a playoff game as the dog. It's another to after a complete nightmare a season to ignore the lack of production and the side show because you think you know better. Plus they think he will play straight up QB for them.

    Good luck

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Congrats to your Pats!

    Thanks !

  14. #394
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Heh, this thread is absolutely hilarious. Time for some

    There's no popcorn trainwreck here. More like champagne corks being popped for Jets fans finally being rid of Tebow, and misery for Pats fans. Figures a Tebow fan wouldn't even know the proper use of popcorn in a thread. Have fun rooting for the Pats this year and never seeing Tebow on the field, again.

  15. #395
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Thanks !
    When your boy is dumped and maybe gets a job in Canada will you log onto the Argos or whoever page as Le Demosthenes9?

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You end the presser? And you get fined. You have to have them and you will have to field questions, even if you don't answer them. And that's not talking info account the players being asked if Tebow farted today.

    It's one thing to bring a player in who brought his team back and into the playoffs, then won a playoff game as the dog. It's another to after a complete nightmare a season to ignore the lack of production and the side show because you think you know better. Plus they think he will play straight up QB for them.

    Good luck
    Are you suggesting the Jets trading a 4th and costing a $3m cap hit was a smarter move than bringing in Tebow for zero guaranteed money on a flyer?

    Things are going to be fine. There will be no circus and the media is going to get bored very quickly with nothing coming out of Fort Knoxboro. I understand a lot of Jets fans are going to be pissed about the difference in these situations, but you really can't compare them at all.

  17. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    There's no popcorn trainwreck here. More like champagne corks being popped for Jets fans finally being rid of Tebow, and misery for Pats fans. Figures a Tebow fan wouldn't even know the proper use of popcorn in a thread. Have fun rooting for the Pats this year and never seeing Tebow on the field, again.

    Oh, the use of the popcorn is apropos. Opinions are all over the place. Some think that Belichick will get a lot out of Tebow to the chagrin of the Jets. Others think that it's a complete non-issue. Others think that the circus is now open in New England.

    As far as never seeing Tebow on the field again, time will tell. If he carries a clipboard for the entire year and gets a chance to develop with McDaniels and learning from Brady ? Hell, I'm all for it. Sure, I'd like to see him on the field contributing in some way, but I'm in it for the long haul.

  18. #398
    Who cares????? Dump. Tebow is NOT a Jet. Let's talk about the friggin Jets

  19. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    When your boy is dumped and maybe gets a job in Canada will you log onto the Argos or whoever page as Le Demosthenes9?
    Nope, nope, no "Le" for me. Name will stay exactly the same.

  20. #400
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,908

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us