Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow a Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Give Brady new life from fake and pats will score more tds.. And they need to score a lot because their d stinks..
    I don't get how people can keep saying that the Pats D stinks. The Pats play a very hurry up offense that allows other teams to run far more plays than normal, yet they have given up less points in each of the last two years than the Jets, a team that those same people claim has a good defense. That simply doesn't add up.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I don't get how people can keep saying that the Pats D stinks. The Pats play a very hurry up offense that allows other teams to run far more plays than normal, yet they have given up less points in each of the last two years than the Jets, a team that those same people claim has a good defense. That simply doesn't add up.
    Dude, the defense is not good. Great offense. Better team than the jets, but now you gotta slow down. They basically played prevent defense the entire season, with every defender trying for a strip. That's the only reason they weren't completely exposed, the turnovers. And then the real team that plays defense won the Championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Dude, the defense is not good. Great offense. Better team than the jets, but now you gotta slow down. They basically played prevent defense the entire season, with every defender trying for a strip. That's the only reason they weren't completely exposed, the turnovers. And then the real team that plays defense won the Championship game.
    I didn't claim the Pats D was good. Not yet anyway. I'm simply saying that they're middle of the road and don't "stink." I do think they're on the verge of putting out a very good D though.

Pats D does stink, but that's kind of a moot point when you've got a legit, HoF bound, franchise QB at the wheel of your Offense. And when you consider the Offenses NE's D faces 6 times a year, it all balances out for them.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Denver????...And to a much, much, much (did I emphasize that enough?)lesser extent with the Jets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    If you haven't seen him catch passes you must not be watching much of Tebow. He did catch passes. Watch film from him in Denver or NY.

Will he drop some passes? Of course he will. What receiver doesn't? Bottom line is he will have one of the best throwing him the ball. A guy who has made many a player look a lot more talented than anyone thought possible.
    what film is this you speak of? i believe you may have been dreaming. Tim Tebow has ZERO career receptions in his entire life.
    Last edited by loluchka80; 06-12-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    what film is this you speak of? i believe you may have been dreaming. Tim Tebow has ZERO career receptions in his entire life.
    But if Tebow was to EVER catch a pass, he'd do it with good hands.

THIS JUST IN.....

Pats have cancelled the season. They just couldn't take the media circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Are you trying to take over for Sar? Making stupid predictions? The 3rd string qb they cut to make room for tebow is easily a better qb than tebow so already your proven wrong.. Mcdaniels is an idiot without bb, he actually traded into the first round for tebow when it was clear that wasn't even needed.. Nobody knows what pats will quite do with tebow, only the stupid will venture to predict.. He could line up at some wildcat, h or spilt back, fb or slot.. he can easily do well in fake punts again.. The only fact is, Tom Brady is still 100 times more valuable to the pats then tebow is..
    What TE is coming off the field to put Tebow in? What FB? What HB? Maybe your 3rd stringer is better than Tebow now, but given that McDaniels drafted Tebow in the first round he does believe Tebow has a higher ceiling. I don't agree, but that's a whole different debate. Tom Brady is not getting younger, and as you can see drafting a QB is never a guarantee. If McDaniels believes Tebow truly has potential to be a starting QB in the future if he has the time to work with him, that getting Tebow now makes sense. In 3 years or so he may actually be ready to take over when Brady retires. And by that point McDaniels and Bellicheck will have a really good idea of whether Tebow is ready or not, and they'll have done so at a very cheap cost. That's why Tebow is there, and frankly I can't criticize the move.

The worst thing they can do for Tebow and themselves is take a proven player off the field for Tebow at a position that is completely unnatural to Tebow. Make no mistake, Tebow is not Kordell Stewart. Slash was put out at WR. It's a simple position with no indication of what the play will be. Put Tebow in at TE and you instantly KNOW the Pats are passing the ball. Put him in at FB or RB and you instantly KNOW they are going to run the ball. Why???? Because there is no chance in hell that NE is going to put Brady in any type of position that relies on Tebow blocking for him.

They will completely quiet Tebow-mania. They will do it by keeping Tebow on the bench and spending the next 2 years really trying to turn him into an NFL QB, so that when/if they do unveil him Tebow-mania will be warranted.

it's not BB that's the concern, we know it wont bother him much and he will deflect..

its TB and the rest of the team.

It gets old real fast.

They will see.

not worth the upside for all the baggage..they will learn the hard way...

we certainly did...

Practice Squad
    saw on the news this morning Tebow just signed a two year deal with the pats. Looking for confirmation.

I might be late on this, didn't go back trhought the thread to see if someone else already posted it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I didn't claim the Pats D was good. Not yet anyway. I'm simply saying that they're middle of the road and don't "stink." I do think they're on the verge of putting out a very good D though.
    No the Pats D stinks. It's not middle of the pack. Points allowed takes into account picks 6's, fumbles, field position etc. So you can read stat sheets and pick one that says their middle of the road and be happy. The rest of us will watch games and continue to see that the D sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No the Pats D stinks. It's not middle of the pack. Points allowed takes into account picks 6's, fumbles, field position etc. So you can read stat sheets and pick one that says their middle of the road and be happy. The rest of us will watch games and continue to see that the D sucks.

You have to admit, the Patriots defense is better than the Jets offense. The games prove that

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Tim Tebow Gets Panned For Being Rusty In His First Patriots Practice
    TONY MANFRED JUN. 11, 2013,

J
    Tim Tebow had his first practice as a New England Patriots player today, and it did not go well.

Tom E. Curran of CSN New England panned Tebow's performance, calling him "rusty" and noticeably worse than the other two Patriot QBs.

From Curran:

"Tebow’s passes were easy to pick out as well, even if one merely watched the ball in the air and didn’t look observe who threw it."

"While Mallett’s and Brady’s throws seemed to move on a zipline, straight and true to stationary coaches standing downfield, Tebow’s throws lacked the same velocity and tightness."

There's something silly about analyzing a player's practice performance in June and trying to glean some sort of knowledge from it. But that's the circus that the Patriots signed up for when they gave Tebow a contract.

This is how it's going to be all summer and fall.

Curran added:

"ESPN analyst Tim Hasselbeck, one of a massive media contingent on hand, made note of the fact that Tebow’s throwing limitations are very much on display working next to the cannon-armed Mallett and fundamentally perfect Brady."

Pats usually get a media throng assembled for their first practice? Was covered on ESPN, video and Tebow interview. Even local NY coverage. Yeah, no Tebow distraction in NE.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post
    it's not BB that's the concern, we know it wont bother him much and he will deflect..

its TB and the rest of the team. Why

It gets old real fast. How?

They will see. Who?

not worth the upside for all the baggage..they will learn the hard way...

we certainly did...

Tim Tebow Gets Panned For Being Rusty In His First Patriots Practice
    TONY MANFRED JUN. 11, 2013,

J
    Tim Tebow had his first practice as a New England Patriots player today, and it did not go well.

Tom E. Curran of CSN New England panned Tebow's performance, calling him "rusty" and noticeably worse than the other two Patriot QBs.

From Curran:

"Tebow’s passes were easy to pick out as well, even if one merely watched the ball in the air and didn’t look observe who threw it."

"While Mallett’s and Brady’s throws seemed to move on a zipline, straight and true to stationary coaches standing downfield, Tebow’s throws lacked the same velocity and tightness."

There's something silly about analyzing a player's practice performance in June and trying to glean some sort of knowledge from it. But that's the circus that the Patriots signed up for when they gave Tebow a contract.

This is how it's going to be all summer and fall.

Curran added:

"ESPN analyst Tim Hasselbeck, one of a massive media contingent on hand, made note of the fact that Tebow’s throwing limitations are very much on display working next to the cannon-armed Mallett and fundamentally perfect Brady."

Pats usually get a media throng assembled for their first practice? Was covered on ESPN, video and Tebow interview. Even local NY coverage. Yeah, no Tebow distraction in NE.

It's only a distraction if the media attention negatively impacts the team in some way. Pretty hard to tell if that's the case after one day of mini-camp. It's pretty simple, though - if Tebowmania does become a real distraction, the second the negative effect of Tebow's presence outweighs the benefits, he's gone.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    You have to admit, the Patriots defense is better than the Jets offense. The games prove that
    Jets O was awful, your point? Doesn't make your D good.

Can't discuss anything Pats without comparing it to the Jets? What does the Jet O have to do with how bad the Pats D is. Why do Boston fans live to compare their teams with NY teams?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    It's only a distraction if the media attention negatively impacts the team in some way. Pretty hard to tell if that's the case after one day of mini-camp. It's pretty simple, though - if Tebowmania does become a real distraction, the second the negative effect of Tebow's presence outweighs the benefits, he's gone.
    Pretty hard to say that's the case at any point. No one can say that Tebowmania had any effect on the jets last year with any degree of certainty.

But the press was ever present, just as it was in NE yesterday.

After most predicted wouldn't happen in NE because Bill wouldn't allow press to do exactly what they did yesterday. Act like they did here a year ago.

Funny no one accused Kraft of looking for publicity for his team the way most here accused Woody and Rex.

Rookie
    Pretty hard to say that's the case at any point. No one can say that Tebowmania had any effect on the jets last year with any degree of certainty.

But the press was ever present, just as it was in NE yesterday. The press was present but where's the circus?

After most predicted wouldn't happen in NE because Bill wouldn't allow press to do exactly what they did yesterday. Act like they did here a year ago.

Funny no one accused Kraft of looking for publicity for his team the way most here accused Woody and Rex.

But the press was ever present, just as it was in NE yesterday.

As has been mentioned, Belichick has no power to limit media access to his press conferences. I don't know why anyone would have predicted a small media turnout. He can, however, stonewall them in perpetuity, which is what I expect will happen. Whether or not that causes some of the media to back off remains to be seen. But I don't see BB getting fazed by it at any point.

I don't get the feeling that Kraft is desperately in need of publicity.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-12-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I don't get the feeling that Kraft is desperately in need of publicity.
    Neither was Woody. But you can't deny the fact that the Tebow signing will fill seats in NE. It will sell jerseys, it will sell papers, it will bring attention to a team that was once a dynasty and is slowly falling in dominance.

I think need and want are too different things.