Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow a Patriot

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The great part is that the scrub is going to get cut again and all these little Tebowites will be crying into their pillows once again. Love it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I didn't claim the Pats D was good. Not yet anyway. I'm simply saying that they're middle of the road and don't "stink." I do think they're on the verge of putting out a very good D though.
    The pats D in 2012 ranked 27th overall in total yardage allowed.. They did well this yr against the run ( 10th) but everyone and there mother keep pass on them. ( 29th) even Sanchez ha.. But yes pats D is not as bad as jets O was.. Had the pats had a solid D to go along with great O they surely would not have been gotten beat by lesser teams in the playoffs past 9 years..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    ok well you take the best practice qb ie suckchez but i want the best qb that plays well on sunday's everyone knew tebow was not a good practice qb that was not a surprise but he never got a chance to show what he could do on sundays except in denver where he succeeded.
    I love how Trbowites complain that he couldn't beat out Sanchez or whoever because he practices bad.

As if that isn't important or that Tebow has a resume that shows how much better he is in games.

Here's a newsflash for you, Tebow sucks during games too. Here or in Denver.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I love how Trbowites complain that he couldn't beat out Sanchez or whoever because he practices bad.

As if that isn't important or that Tebow has a resume that shows how much better he is in games.

Here's a newsflash for you, Tebow sucks during games too. Here or in Denver.
    That's true.. But back to Sanchez, how many times did we hear past 2 years how well mark did in practice in a certain week, getting our hopes up that particular week that he was finally going to turn it around ha.. That's why if its a tie or even close like it is now, Rex better go with smith..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets allowed Tebow to have a press conference. Their owner, GM and coach stayed away.

Belichich fielded and presser that dealt with Tebow, every question dealt with Tebow.

Then a day later Tebow held court to a throng of reporters on the practice field.

Yes, the circus is in the eye of the clown.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The decision to allow that press conference comes from the owner/GM/coach, though. So does the decision to allow ESPN to set up a media desk at Cortland. All of those things could have been avoided if the Jets really didn't want to get any attention from the move.

According to reports the media presence at Foxboro today was significantly less than yesterday, and only a few Tebow questions came halfway through Belichick's conference - all of which were deflected. Watch anything on ESPN or NFLN and the talking heads are making fun of themselves for even bothering to try and get Tebow news from the Pats. This will be over fast.
    Uh huh

LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Uh huh

LOL

That was Day 1, Tebow got the chance to talk to the media... for approximately one minute. Zero questions asked. No interviews with Tebow today, and the media trucks were gone. Two deflected questions to Belichick in his PC this morning was the full extent of "Tebowmania" today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    That was Day 1, Tebow got the chance to talk to the media... for approximately one minute. Zero questions asked. No interviews with Tebow today, and the media trucks were gone. Two deflected questions to Belichick in his PC this morning was the full extent of "Tebowmania" today.
    You keep hoping homer, it's mini-camp in June

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why are you here? Youre not a Jet fan, you're a troll who's love object was dumped from this team because he sucked and was a total failure. You have no rooting interest here other than to start sh1t and call people idiots who believe 3rd string horror shows should STFU when the one and only team with a slight interest signs him

I say they had to talk about Tebow, you say they did. So? Oh you add it wasn't because of Timmy, no sh1t nimrod but they have to discuss the scrub. Precisely yje problem with this traveling side show. Only and idiot wouldn't get that 3rd string developmental scrubs don't have pressers. But hey, its the baby Jesus talking.

Dropped passes? Whatever excuses work for you. Because we all know if a pass was dropped, it has to be the WRs fault, Timmy is a real QB

Man, you've jumped the shark and gone all the way to stupid, huh ?? Let's start from the bottom up.

From Boston.com (and just about any other news source reporting):

Tebow finally got some action in the final 10 minutes of practice, quarterbacking the third-team offense against the third-team defense. He completed 4-of-7 passes overall with a couple of drops
    Now, perhaps math isn't your strongest or best subject, so allow me to help. 7 passes were thrown. He completed 4 of them. 2 of them (a couple) were dropped, meaning, they should have been caught. So, 4 that were caught, PLUS 2 that should have been caught EQUAL 6 catchable passes out of the 7 that were thrown.

And yes, if a pass is "dropped", then it is considered to be the receiver's fault. Otherwise, it would just be an incomplete pass.

Now, on to the next point. What was being discussed was the supposed "circus". It was claimed by others that this "circus atmosphere" would be squelched by Belichick and the Pats. You opened your damned yap and begged to differ, citing the first freaking day when Tebow was signed.

As I stated, only a frakking moron wouldn't understand that their would of course be an increased media presence on day 1, that the question was whether or not Belichick nipped it in the bud that day or seriously dampened it.

But nope, you doubled down on stupid and made yet another silly assed post and have compounded that with another.

Look, I can't keep you from running your mouth and making yourself look like an idiot. You are of course free to continue to do so. So far, you've done a very good job of it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Who got the nod when Sanchez was benched? McElroy. That's when your scrub hero was fully healthy. Rex wasn't committed to Mark at that point and still passed up the Dirt Missile Machine. Wonder why.

The guy is awful. Period. Why do you think no team desperate for a QB wants him? Why is it that such a great QB had trouble finding a BACKUP job until NE brought him in as camp fodder? Open your damn eyes.

You're making the mistake of presuming that the only thing that Rex took into account is "who gave them the best chance to win".

I mean, it would look awfully foolish if he finally decided to put Tebow in and Tebow ended up doing exactly what he did in Denver. Then the questions would really start, first one being "Rex, WTF, why did you wait so long?"

Putting in McElroy was the safest thing to do at that moment.

Seriously, ask yourself, who had shown more? McElroy, in very limited time in a couple of preseason games, someone who had never thrown a pass in a regular season NFL game, or Tim Tebow, who had better passing stats in his first 16 starts than Sanchez had, Tebow, who took over a 1-4 team and went 7-4 with them to earn a playoff birth followed by a playoff victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

There's no way McElroy could have showed enough in practice to warrant starting ahead of Tebow.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's also making the mistake of assuming anything Rex does or says matters.
    Rex is an awful head coach who has no idea what he's doing.

He should be gone.

But he's not.

So his opinion on any player after last season is to me completely irrelevant.

Also, Belichick is a lot better than Rex Ryan. Not a little. A lot. Like one is going to the hall of fame on a path littered with rose pedals and one is going to to be a coordinator or hang it up.

If Tebow makes New England's roster, it means Belichick has a plan, and if that's the case, what our circus-master did with him in 2012 will a moot point because our head coach is an idiot.

"I want to be an attack team. I want to attack on all sides of the ball. I'm just going to attack all the time."

Ok, Rex, let's just try to get the play off before the play clock hits zero this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

He should be gone.

But he's not.

Also, Belichick is a lot better than Rex Ryan. Not a little. A lot. Like one is going to the hall of fame on a path littered with rose pedals and one is going to to be a coordinator or hang it up.

If Tebow makes New England's roster, it means Belichick has a plan, and if that's the case, what our circus-master did with him in 2012 will a moot point because our head coach is an idiot.

"I want to be an attack team. I want to attack on all sides of the ball. I'm just going to attack all the time."

Ok, Rex, let's just try to get the play off before the play clock hits zero this year.
    OK.... My vote says it's time for you to go.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

He should be gone.

But he's not.

^ ya because Rex is the 1 calling the plays on offense ..That's Always been a problem with Sanchez, but that's on sparano too guy is as slow in the head as Sanchez.. Belicheck, he knew to take Tom Brady in the 6th round what a genius lol.. Without Brady he's nothing.. He was a D cord yet his defenses have been bad and for past 9 years has been outcoached in playoffs by weaker teams.. Ya he's great

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    ^ ya because Rex is the 1 calling the plays on offense ..That's Always been a problem with Sanchez, but that's on sparano too guy is as slow in the head as Sanchez.. Belicheck, he knew to take Tom Brady in the 6th round what a genius lol.. Without Brady he's nothing.. He was a D cord yet his defenses have been bad and for past 9 years has been outcoached in playoffs by weaker teams.. Ya he's great
    Have to kind of laugh at those who keep talking about how "bad" the Pats defense is. Newsflash for you, they were top 10 in pts allowed per game in 2012. As the winner of a football game is determined by points, that's pretty much the most important stat there is for defenses.

Here's a quote concerning Belichick on the matter:

"Coach [Bill] Belichick always used to say, 'I don't give a s--- about our defense giving up yards; all I care about is scoring defense, turnovers and the red zone,'" Woody said. "That's really the key to football. A lot of coaches pound their chest and say, 'I've got the No. 1 defense.'
    "That number doesn't mean anything."

For example, I believe the Jets had yet another "top 10" rated defense last year, yet they gave up 375 pts while the Pats defense only gave up 331.

Stats are nice, but you really need to discern which stats truly matter. It's kind of like how it's often the case that QBs with higher passing yards in a game are on the losing end. Yards gained don't determine the outcome of the game, rather, points on the board do.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If our team regularly gets tagged with a delay of game calls, that's bad coaching, unless you want to pass the buck.
    Rex Ryan is an awful head coach. He needs to be under a real head coach, not pretending to be one himself.

Sorry I hate Rex and any Jet fan who wants to win should to.

And stop with it already. Belichick is the best HC in football and we all know he is.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow will be on the final 53, no doubt. Here's hoping he "accidentally" trucks the trucculent buffoon when angling out of bounds.

Ryan is a classless slob who lacks integrity. Unfortunately for the Jets, the organization now mirrors that.

I hope NE punishes the Jets with extreme malice.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If our team regularly gets tagged with a delay of game calls, that's bad coaching, unless you want to pass the buck.
    Rex Ryan is an awful head coach. He needs to be under a real head coach, not pretending to be one himself.

Sorry I hate Rex and any Jet fan who wants to win should to.

And stop with it already. Belichick is the best HC in football and we all know he is.
    Lol a closet pats fan.. You have no idea what your talking about.. Yes bad clock management goes on the qb, it's not "passing the buck " it's his huddle, his job to control the huddle.. The good qbs have that internal clock and always seem to get the plays off just in time.. If your favorite coach is so good why has he continued to get beat in the playoffs almost always at home, since they were always the favorite.. Rex's team has always been the underdog in every playoff game.. Give Rex a decent qb, and he would have won 2 superbowls.. Give him Brady and he would Sh.it on belicheck and everyone else every yr.. Picking Brady in the 6th round made belicheck the luckiest coach in history of nfl..

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    you nailed it....closet patriots fan....there are quite a few of them trolling this board.....seeing the day to day idiotic comments. Like bellychick have never made bad decisions like going for it in their territory on 4th down vs the colts.......they claim to be jets fan yet they sound like they are carrying bellichicks scrotum strap on a daily basis.

Lol a closet pats fan.. You have no idea what your talking about.. Yes bad clock management goes on the qb, it's not "passing the buck " it's his huddle, his job to control the huddle.. The good qbs have that internal clock and always seem to get the plays off just in time.. If your favorite coach is so good why has he continued to get beat in the playoffs almost always at home, since they were always the favorite.. Rex's team has always been the underdog in every playoff game.. Give Rex a decent qb, and he would have won 2 superbowls.. Give him Brady and he would Sh.it on belicheck and everyone else every yr.. Picking Brady in the 6th round made belicheck the luckiest coach in history of nfl..

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    4-2 playoff record in 2 years....all on the road.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol a closet pats fan.. You have no idea what your talking about.. Yes bad clock management goes on the qb, it's not "passing the buck " it's his huddle, his job to control the huddle.. The good qbs have that internal clock and always seem to get the plays off just in time..
    In fairness to both Rex and Sanchez, last year's troubles can be squarely laid at the feet of Tony Sparano. The guy couldn't string a series of plays together to save his life. When your OC can't send the plays in on time, that's going to cause serious problems for the offense. And no, you can't always just go up to the line and hurry up and snap the ball at the 1 second mark regardless of what's going on. That could be disastrous.

If your favorite coach is so good why has he continued to get beat in the playoffs almost always at home, since they were always the favorite.. Rex's team has always been the underdog in every playoff game.. Give Rex a decent qb, and he would have won 2 superbowls.. Give him Brady and he would Sh.it on belicheck and everyone else every yr.. Picking Brady in the 6th round made belicheck the luckiest coach in history of nfl..
    The last 2 years and this one will be telling for Rex. From what I understand, he inherited a pretty decent squad from Mangini. Seems that as you get further away from what he inherited, his record has gotten worse.