Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow a Patriot

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol a closet pats fan.. You have no idea what your talking about.. Yes bad clock management goes on the qb, it's not "passing the buck " it's his huddle, his job to control the huddle.. The good qbs have that internal clock and always seem to get the plays off just in time.. If your favorite coach is so good why has he continued to get beat in the playoffs almost always at home, since they were always the favorite.. Rex's team has always been the underdog in every playoff game.. Give Rex a decent qb, and he would have won 2 superbowls.. Give him Brady and he would Sh.it on belicheck and everyone else every yr.. Picking Brady in the 6th round made belicheck the luckiest coach in history of nfl..

If you really want to compare coaches, you have to ask this hypothetical:

If Rex had the Pats from 2000-present, would he have produced more wins and championships than Belichick?

If Belichick had the Jets from 2009-present, would he have produced more wins and championships than Rex?

Assume he's free to make personnel changes if it's within his power to do so.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    In fairness to both Rex and Sanchez, last year's troubles can be squarely laid at the feet of Tony Sparano. The guy couldn't string a series of plays together to save his life. When your OC can't send the plays in on time, that's going to cause serious problems for the offense. And no, you can't always just go up to the line and hurry up and snap the ball at the 1 second mark regardless of what's going on. That could be disastrous.

The last 2 years and this one will be telling for Rex. From what I understand, he inherited a pretty decent squad from Mangini. Seems that as you get further away from what he inherited, his record has gotten worse.
    Lol Mangini was never a gm .. mt made some decent picks back then but jets were never that great with Mangini/MT. mT made some bad and lazy choices following 2010. He didnt try to make the team better, he let guys go and didnt bother to replace them.. Wrote some very bad contracts that still have to pay for.. Defense ranked under Mangini in 07/08 was something like 16th and 18th. Rex comes aboard with the same exact D adds only Bart Scott and the D is #1 and #3 ranked in 09/10. If farve was on the jets not the Vikings in 09 ( yr he almost won mvp) jets should have easily won Super Bowl.
    Last edited by Cleansweep2013; 06-13-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex, having integrity, wouldn't have cheated for just about all those years.

Without cheating and Mo Lewis, he would have been sh1tcanned by Krafty after the 2001 season

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol Mangini was never a gm .. mt made some decent picks back then but jets were never that great with Mangini/MT. mT made some bad and lazy choices following 2010. He didnt try to make the team better, he let guys go and didnt bother to replace them.. Wrote some very bad contracts that still have to pay for.. Defense ranked under Mangini in 07/08 was something like 16th and 18th. Rex comes aboard with the same exact D adds only Bart Scott and the D is #1 and #3 ranked in 09/10. If farve was on the jets not the Vikings in 09 ( yr he almost won mvp) jets should have easily won Super Bowl.
    Never said that Mangini was a GM, so don't know what you are laughing about.

In 2008, weren't did the Jets start off something like 8-3 before Favre got injured ? As for the overall team, let's see, Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody, Richardson, Jones and Cotchery. On defense, Ellis, Thomas, Harris, Pace, Revis and Rhodes.

That's a pretty good core group of players for a coach to inherit. If you look at the starting rosters, there weren't too many changes between Mangini's last year and Rex's first.

If you want to argue that the GM deserves the credit/blame, that would be open for debate, but it's really no question that Rex walked into a pretty good team to start with.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 06-13-2013 at 05:38 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

In 2008, weren't did the Jets start off something like 8-3 before Favre got injured ? As for the overall team, let's see, Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody, Richardson, Jones and Cotchery. On defense, Ellis, Thomas, Harris, Pace, Revis and Rhodes.

That's a pretty good core group of players for a coach to inherit. If you look at the starting rosters, there weren't too many changes between Mangini's last year and Rex's first.

If you want to argue that the GM deserves the credit/blame, that would be open for debate, but it's really no question that Rex walked into a pretty good team to start with.
    I got the impression in your previous post Rex was given a good team from Mangini, as if he was the gm. Then you referenced how team got worse in Rex's hands as if its on him not MT about the lack of talent past 2 years.. I agree there were not many changes on roster from 08 to 09. As you point out with a healthy farve jets were very good, without a healthy farve they were not good.. If Mangini was better why could Rex get the same D Mangini had to be ranked #1, while under Mangini it was never better than 16th.. A unhealthy farve was equal to sanchez, young rookie who made tons of mistakes, yet Rex guided team to AFCCG, while Mangini didn't know what to do after farve got hurt..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I think what he and all the rest of us at JI are laughing about is you still hanging around here like one of the twelve plagues despite the fact that you were never a Jet fan and that your adored false idol is now 247 miles closer to the great nation of Canada where there is a professional football league where his inferior and incompetent "talent" will find his eventual home.

In other words.... as dozens of other JI posters have already said

STFU, GTFO

and let Jet fans discuss the team that YOU never rooted for for even ONE day

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    He's also making the mistake of assuming anything Rex does or says matters.
    Rex is an awful head coach who has no idea what he's doing.

He should be gone.

But he's not.

So his opinion on any player after last season is to me completely irrelevant.

Also, Belichick is a lot better than Rex Ryan. Not a little. A lot. Like one is going to the hall of fame on a path littered with rose pedals and one is going to to be a coordinator or hang it up.

If Tebow makes New England's roster, it means Belichick has a plan, and if that's the case, what our circus-master did with him in 2012 will a moot point because our head coach is an idiot.

"I want to be an attack team. I want to attack on all sides of the ball. I'm just going to attack all the time."

Ok, Rex, let's just try to get the play off before the play clock hits zero this year.

HA HA HA

Rex Ryan is the best HC this organization has had since Parcells. I'll be happy to see your reaction when he gets an extension this season.

You and SAR should get a room.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    HA HA HA

Rex Ryan is the best HC this organization has had since Parcells. I'll be happy to see your reaction when he gets an extension this season.

You and SAR should get a room.
    LOL at SARIathustra

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're making the mistake of presuming that the only thing that Rex took into account is "who gave them the best chance to win".

I mean, it would look awfully foolish if he finally decided to put Tebow in and Tebow ended up doing exactly what he did in Denver. Then the questions would really start, first one being "Rex, WTF, why did you wait so long?"

Putting in McElroy was the safest thing to do at that moment.

Seriously, ask yourself, who had shown more? McElroy, in very limited time in a couple of preseason games, someone who had never thrown a pass in a regular season NFL game, or Tim Tebow, who had better passing stats in his first 16 starts than Sanchez had, Tebow, who took over a 1-4 team and went 7-4 with them to earn a playoff birth followed by a playoff victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

There's no way McElroy could have showed enough in practice to warrant starting ahead of Tebow.
    perfectly said

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    He's also making the mistake of assuming anything Rex does or says matters.
    Rex is an awful head coach who has no idea what he's doing.

He should be gone.

But he's not.

So his opinion on any player after last season is to me completely irrelevant.

Also, Belichick is a lot better than Rex Ryan. Not a little. A lot. Like one is going to the hall of fame on a path littered with rose pedals and one is going to to be a coordinator or hang it up.

If Tebow makes New England's roster, it means Belichick has a plan, and if that's the case, what our circus-master did with him in 2012 will a moot point because our head coach is an idiot.

"I want to be an attack team. I want to attack on all sides of the ball. I'm just going to attack all the time."

Ok, Rex, let's just try to get the play off before the play clock hits zero this year.
    true rex is clearly a moron and should stick to defense

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great

Our two remaining JI te-bonehead cultists agree..

"Our Timmy, yall is duh bestest of all time!!

Go Gaytors!!

Oops...I mean..Broncos....er. .Jets.. check that...Patriots!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Great

Our two remaining JI te-bonehead cultists agree..

"Our Timmy, yall is duh bestest of all time!!

Go Gaytors!!

Oops...I mean..Broncos....er. .Jets.. check that...Patriots!!!
    yep and i am going to be laughing my ass off when tebow is more succesful than geno............if we were going to start sanchez anyway we should have waited a year to draft a QB.

Geno smith will be at best ray lucas

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kraft says the Pats signed Tebow because of his "spirituality" as quoted earlier in thread.

Pats are hyping the sale of Tebow jerseys on its website.

Teams offer 2 "stars" to talk to media during minicamp session. Pats have selected Brady and Tebow.

You Chowds are in denial. The Tebow circus is in full effect

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    yep and i am going to be laughing my ass off when tebow is more succesful than geno............if we were going to start sanchez anyway we should have waited a year to draft a QB.

lol ray lucus... Lucus is a today is probably a better qb than sanchez is right now..Lets give Smith a few games atleast? we had to watch Sanchez stink up NY for past 2 years.. cant wait till jets can get rid of sanchez so all the sanchez loving trolls disappear.. They are worse than tebowites..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Please don't comment on things that happened before you watched nfl football. You should stick to commenting on:
    http://timtebowfans.forumotion.net/

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

put down the crack pipe.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ray lucas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>teblow

fill in the blank with any quarterback at high school level and above>>>>>>>teblow

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last 2 years and this one will be telling for Rex. From what I understand, he inherited a pretty decent squad from Mangini. Seems that as you get further away from what he inherited, his record has gotten worse.
    Pssssh.... Get lost fool!

You have NO CLUE about ANYTHING Jets related prior to our former incompetent GM signing Tebow.

It's painfully obvious and your avatar really suits you. It was funny to laugh at your stupidity for a while, but now you are just littering the board with complete and utter CRAP.

Just get the fvck on the patsfans dot com already please.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yep and i am going to be laughing my ass off when tebow is more succesful than geno.
    that's because you're not a Jets fan.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny I always thought you were a Jets fan.