Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Tebow a Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Did you even SEE either game? Two freakish catches kept those final drives alive. One helmet catch after a less than mobile Eli escapes an in-the-grasp non-call, and in the other, a stellar indefensible tip-toe catch on the sideline. And even with that, a drop of a slightly overthrown ball is dropped after hitting the outstretched hands of the usually clutch and reliable Welker, which might have changed the outcome.

Something is wrong? Maybe if they hadn't gotten to any SBs in the last eight years, MAYBE, you'd be correct. But they got to 2 and are as close to being 5-0 as they are to being 0-5. Shlt happens.

Makes me laugh when Jets fans claim the Pats should have won 5,6,7 or more SBs with Brady by now, when it's 45 years and counting since you've even been in one.
    You guys have NOT won a championship since Ol Billy the Genius got busted cheating.
    Your legacy has become much more of ultimate choke artists in the Postseason than that of champions.
    And Brady is getting closer and closer to retirement. I wonder if Bill will have the guts to stick around when Brady retires? I'd LOVE to see the prick exposed as the fraud he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    LOLZERS!!!!

So, by that logic, Eli Manning is JUST as good, ACTUALLY better than Tom Brady.
    Yep, sounds about right to me!
    I'd feel sorry for you if I actually thought you believed that nonsense.

I'd feel sorry for you if I actually thought you believed that nonsense.
    I more believe that the Pats* D is hot garbage.

Not the WORST in the NFL, but far from the best!

I more believe that the Pats* D is hot garbage.

Not the WORST in the NFL, but far from the best!
    This in indicative of a big part of the problem around here, which is that some of you all have a severe problem with frakking reading comprehension.

To whit, NO ONE was claiming that the Pat's D was "the best". I probably ranked them higher than anyone else in this thread when I pointed out that they were in the top 10 of points allowed. To be specific, they were tied for 9th.

So tell us Hitman, is it a comprehension problem ? Or did you just feel like making **** up ??

Nobody was paying attention, but the Pats' D got much better with the addition of Talib in the second half of the season - passing yardage against and 3rd down stoppage % both improved. Their achilles' heel for several years now has been the secondary and getting stops on 3rd down. If healthy, Talib and Dennard as CB1 and CB2 are the best cornerback duo they've had since Asante left after 2007.

They were already a top-10 rushing D last season, so a full season of a healthy secondary with Talib makes a league-average D a pretty reasonable goal. In other words, not great, or even good, but not hot garbage, either. And that's more than good enough with that offense.

You guys have NOT won a championship since Ol Billy the Genius got busted cheating.
    Your legacy has become much more of ultimate choke artists in the Postseason than that of champions.
    And Brady is getting closer and closer to retirement. I wonder if Bill will have the guts to stick around when Brady retires? I'd LOVE to see the prick exposed as the fraud he is.
    Says the guy who thought that the Boston Globe actually ran an article with the headline "CHEATER KRAFT COVERING AFTERLIFE BASES BY SIGNING JESUS JR."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    The pats D in 2012 ranked 27th overall in total yardage allowed.. They did well this yr against the run ( 10th) but everyone and there mother keep pass on them. ( 29th) even Sanchez ha.. But yes pats D is not as bad as jets O was.. Had the pats had a solid D to go along with great O they surely would not have been gotten beat by lesser teams in the playoffs past 9 years..
    You're basing your conclusions on yards and I'm using points. If you had a choice would you rather have your team win the battle of points or yards?

LOLZERS!!!!

So, by that logic, Eli Manning is JUST as good, ACTUALLY better than Tom Brady.
    Yep, sounds about right to me!

I have no idea what "logic" you are using here.

This whole " 'C' student making fun of the perennial 'A' student for not getting a ton of A-pluses " is really pathetic.

The Jets are starting to study, though. Props to them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Kraft says the Pats signed Tebow because of his "spirituality" as quoted earlier in thread.

Pats are hyping the sale of Tebow jerseys on its website.

Teams offer 2 "stars" to talk to media during minicamp session. Pats have selected Brady and Tebow.

You Chowds are in denial. The Tebow circus is in full effect
    When did spirituality become a negative?

Why wouldn't the Pats sell Tebow jerseys? They'll probably sell a few.

If the Pats chose Tebow (a 3rd QB) as one of only two players to answer questions from the mediots, then they clearly aren't worried about him creating a circus atmosphere.

I don't know what to make of the Tebow acquisition, but I've always liked the kid and will pull for him to make a contribution of some kind to my team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    You're basing your conclusions on yards and I'm using points. If you had a choice would you rather have your team win the battle of points or yards?
    +1 That's why wins is the only stat that matters.. Vinny had more td's and yards then Joe Montana but most sane fans would take Joe's wins any day..

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    untainted, legitimate super bowls won

going on 63 seasons

AFC EAST TOTALS

Miami Dolphins 2

New York Jets 1

Buffalo Bills 0

New England Pats ZERO
    You missed a couple. The 70 Dolphins were fined a first round pick for cheating when they broke the rules to get Don Shula as their HC.

You'd also have to take away some other SB wins, for the 49ers, the most fined team in the NFL, and also for the team that proudly called themselves the "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin' team of the NFL in the 70's, the Raidahs.

Then of course you have the cheatin' Cowboys that broke the rules to get a certain HOF CB onto their team, just in time for one of their SB wins.

Not to mention the team that was disassembled by Emporer Goodell, the New Auhlins Saints. I think they were cheaters too.

By the time you're done you could make claim to one of only a handful of untainted SB wins in league history. You could even take away any that Andrew Luck might win with Indy, since they cheated by losing games to get him.

The sky is the limit
    Last edited by Pats1960; 06-14-2013 at 10:40 AM.

You missed a couple. The 70 Dolphins were fined a first round pick for cheating when they broke the rules to get Don Shula as their HC.

You'd also have to take away some other SB wins, for the 49ers, the most fined team in the NFL, and also for the team that proudly called themselves the "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin' team of the NFL in the 70's, the Raidahs.

Then of course you have the cheatin' Cowboys that broke the rules to get a certain HOF CB onto their team, just in time for one of their SB wins.

Not to mention the team that was disassembled by Emporer Goodell, the New Auhlins Saints. I think they were cheaters too.

By the time you're done you could make claim to one of only a handful of untainted SB wins in league history. You could even take away any that Andrew Luck might win with Indy, since they cheated by losing games to get him.

The sky is the limit
    If you're convicted, i.e. you were fined, you cheated.

Conjecture is conjecture.

The sky is the limit
    LOL I dont care much for these internet pissing matches about cheating vs. non cheating. Brady and Belichick are an amazing combo regardless.

However, this post reeks of desperate "defend and deflect" argumentative methods. Its actually quite pathetic.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The sky is the limit
    It's not cheating to hire a coach under contract.

Funny though, you missed one that is more on point that those that you listed.

Your Pats were fined and had draft picks taken away from them for hiring the cheating coach in question from the Jets.

So they cheating hiring the coach that cheated his way to the only SB wins in your teams history.

Time to end this stupid argument, there's no way you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It's not cheating to hire a coach under contract.

Funny though, you missed one that is more on point that those that you listed.

Your Pats were fined and had draft picks taken away from them for hiring the cheating coach in question from the Jets.

So they cheating hiring the coach that cheated his way to the only SB wins in your teams history.

Time to end this stupid argument, there's no way you win.
    LMFAO...talk about twisting the "facts" and making up shlt as you go. This post is even a new low for you. While it cost the Pats draft picks when they hired BB, they were never fined. It was the EXACT same situation when the Jets tampered with the Tuna before the SB in 97 and he was hired as HC of the Jets, who had to give the Pats draft picks also.

And if not cheating, what do YOU call hiring a coach who's under contract with another team?

You're right about one thing, it's impossible to win an argument with someone who just makes shlt up.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 06-14-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    This in indicative of a big part of the problem around here, which is that some of you all have a severe problem with frakking reading comprehension.

To whit, NO ONE was claiming that the Pat's D was "the best". I probably ranked them higher than anyone else in this thread when I pointed out that they were in the top 10 of points allowed. To be specific, they were tied for 9th.

So tell us Hitman, is it a comprehension problem ? Or did you just feel like making **** up ??
    You give Rex an offense like the Pats getting freaking 10 & 14 point leads all of the time & I guarantee you he has his defense forcing TOs!
    BB is excellent at situational football, and having leads all of the time & knowing that your QB & offense are difficult to stop opens the damn whole play book for the defense to take chances.
    If the Pats D had our offense last year it wouldn't be the Saints with one of the worst defenses EVER!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

LMFAO...talk about twisting the "facts" and making up shlt as you go. This post is even a new low for you. While it cost the Pats draft picks when they hired BB, they were never fined. It was the EXACT same situation when the Jets tampered with the Tuna before the SB in 97 and he was hired as HC of the Jets, who had to give the Pats draft picks also.

And if not cheating, what do YOU call hiring a coach who's under contract with another team?

You're right about one thing, it's impossible to win an argument with someone who just makes shlt up.
    Fined, lost draft picks, for tampering. I'm twisting this? You're saying the Patriots didn't sen their first from the 2000 draft along with a fourth and seventh from the 2001 to the Jets? Why, to be nice? Yeah, making sh1t up as I go along. Because the Pats would never, ever cheat.

It's not cheating hiring a coach, its breaking rules but it's not gaining a clear unfair advantage.

Move on, Pats fans embarrass themselves defending and defining cheating or what actually happened when they wrongfully contacted, negotiated and hire Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Fined, lost draft picks, for tampering. I'm twisting this? You're saying the Patriots didn't sen their first from the 2000 draft along with a fourth and seventh from the 2001 to the Jets? Why, to be nice? Yeah, making sh1t up as I go along. Because the Pats would never, ever cheat.

It's not cheating hiring a coach, its breaking rules but it's not gaining a clear unfair advantage.

Move on, Pats fans embarrass themselves defending and defining cheating or what actually happened when they wrongfully contacted, negotiated and hire Belichick.
    And the Jets didn't do the exact same thing with Tuna and had to send sraft picks to the Pats also? Or did you forget that little nugget? Talk about embarrasing yourself.

And you're going to somehow make a distinction between 'breaking the rules' and 'cheating'? Why? Because it's convenient! You see no advantage to hiring away another team's HC while he's still inder contract? PLEASE. Both teams did it, yet it's only the Pats who cheated.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And the Jets didn't do the exact same thing with Tuna and had to send sraft picks to the Pats also? Or did you forget that little nugget? Talk about embarrasing yourself.

And you're going to somehow make a distinction between 'breaking the rules' and 'cheating'? Why? Because it's convenient! You see no advantage to hiring away another team's HC while he's still inder contract? PLEASE. Both teams did it, yet it's only the Pats who cheated.
    Can you stop spinning the two wrongs make a right defense?

Embarrassing myself? We weren't talking about Parcells. I never denied it, the Jets did it. Point is a Pats troll added the tampering angle into a conversation about cheating to lessen the impact of what the Pats did, the tried and true others cheat so what we did wasn't that bad. He named teams that tampered and forgot that your video cheater wouldn't have been in a position to cheap for your team if the Pats didn't tamper with a Jet employee. Adding, by your definition another cheat to the list of Patriot missteps.

And then you denied it happened. Accused me of making sh1t up! OK

You should stop, you really show more and more how little you know and more importantly an inability to comprehend a point and how far over your trolling head you are once facts are brought into the equation. Your last line is a perfect example, I say it's not cheating yet to cling to a dream that I accused the pats of cheating and pardoned the Jets for doing the same. You don't get it do you

Jets Insider VIP
    Reply to Jet Nut

As you see, it is useless to discuss anything with a troll ignoramus whose only purpose at JI is sh!tstirring, agitation and being an obnoxious parasite. Our mods have already permabanned this pathetic dope twice as Patrollie and Welkhead but for some unknown reason, they keep letting him back in under another ID to do the same crap that got him booted

Sad that a good Jet fan and poster, Borgo and even a legitimate pat fan who discussed football lilke TX are gone and yet this pathetic gnat is still around like Tuberculosis