Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bills cut Tavaris Jackson

Veteran

Bills cut Tavaris Jackson

Go get him, Sanchez could use the competition

Hall Of Fame
    yeah lets go get the guy the bills cut...the team that hasnt had a QB since Jim Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    yeah lets go get the guy the bills cut...the team that hasnt had a QB since Jim Kelly.
    The Patriots signed a QB that we cut.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    You're right, stick with Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    More like Geno could use some competition cause Sanchez SUCKS

When he played all 16 games for the Seahawks back in 2011 he completed 60 percent of his passes, and he's been pretty consistent at that percentage over his career. He'd be decent competition for Sanchez in camp, as would Byron Leftwich.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    When he played all 16 games for the Seahawks back in 2011 he completed 60 percent of his passes, and he's been pretty consistent at that percentage over his career. He'd be decent competition for Sanchez in camp, as would Byron Leftwich.
    I agree. I don't know whether Idzik will do it, but I am intrigued by Jackson. The Bills have made a commitment to Kolb and Manual, Jackson was caught in a numbers game.

Yeah he was productive in his last full season (2011). The Bills didn't use him last season at all. All in all, a pretty good signing for the Jets if they can get it done, and Jackson may well be able to supplant Sanchez and at the very least give the Jets a consistent starter this season.

A Jackson signing would be at least as good as the Garrard signing was.

All League
    he'd be an ok backup, can run a little which you know rex likes. Had a good year in seattle a couple years ago. I say go for it

Hall Of Fame
    another QB better than Buttfumble

sign this beast

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I agree. I don't know whether Idzik will do it, but I am intrigued by Jackson. The Bills have made a commitment to Kolb and Manual, Jackson was caught in a numbers game.
    It's about time they cut someone. It was like a circus up there with all those QBs. I remember during the draft when everyone was making fun of them for taking a QB early when they had just paid so much money to a young guy, and had so many QBs on the roster....oh wait, was that them?

All League
    anything looks like a beast when compared to what we have a QB right now.

All Pro
    Sanchez (who is ruined) is far better than Tavaris JAckson. Sanchez with weapons that is. They both will suck with the TE's and WR's the Jets have. Tavaris Jackson would be in competition with McElroy and Simms.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    He is on his fourth or fifth team because he sucks. See what Geno and Sanchize have this year - then move on next year.

Jackson > McElmouth and Matt Simms

And I'm not a fan of Tarvaris Jackson at all I actually don't think he's anything more than a backup but it can't hurt to give Sanchez some competition at QB in preseason. Geno ain't ready.

All League
    sign him and cut Sanchez. Perfect time.

Hall Of Fame
    Smith starting

Jackson and either McElroy or Simms the backup

Way better than having to endure 20+ turnovers for a third year in a row with Sucky

All League
    I'd be more interested in Vonta Leach who just got cut by the Ravens. Guy is a great FB and blows open lanes in the running game. Would make for excellent competition at a bare minimum.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I'd be more interested in Vonta Leach who just got cut by the Ravens. Guy is a great FB and blows open lanes in the running game. Would make for excellent competition at a bare minimum.
    Aren't the Jets already carrying two full backs on the roster? Not sure whether the Jets should invest another roster slot on a full back.

As for Jackson, given the Jets invested time and effort into Garrard, it seems a no-brainer that Jackson should be brought in for some due diligence by the Jets.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Makes too much sense not to happen - Jets need vet competition / replacement for Sanchez, Jackson has history with Idzik who likes him, he will come cheap and play the good soldier whatever his role may be. I think Idzik will be all over this one.