Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Kafka

All Pro

Mike Kafka

The Pats cut Mike Kafka. He was a 4th rd pick of the Eagles, saw limited playing time but looked ok. Should be familiar with Martys system. Is he worth a look? Any upside?

All League
    His NFL stats are bad so not sure if the NFL game is to fast for him but MM did seem like him as a rookie...

from his wiki; Marty Mornhinweg said Kafka was "the best rookie that I've ever had in 15, 16, 17 years or something like that. So, he's really sharp. Now, he's sharp book-wise, but he's also very intelligent in a football sense. He's really picked [the playbook] up very quickly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Kafka

All Pro
    Is everyone supposed to know who this is and what position he plays?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Is everyone supposed to know who this is and what position he plays?

I think he's a QB. Decent height 6'3" 225 lbs. I think he played for Northwestern. He's 25 yrs old.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    He was cut in favor of Tebow.

/thread

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

/thread
    and there is no bigger insult to a player than that.... cut in favor of a player incompetent at playing any known NFL position

sounds like something out of Franz Kafka

All League
    SIGN THIS LARGE INSECT

Sign Kafka and cut McElroy, I think we will get the better of the Pats.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Sign Kafka and cut McElroy, I think we will get the better of the Pats.
    It would be good to pick his brain about the Pats offense.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I think he's a QB. Decent height 6'3" 225 lbs. I think he played for Northwestern. He's 25 yrs old.
    Oh right, he was supposed to be the next Kevin Kolb.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    It would be good to pick his brain about the Pats offense.
    Imagine the poor guy waking up, being summoned to Florham Park, asking himself why he is there and what he's doing, and being asked to play 3rd string QB for the Jets. Talk about a nightmare.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    SIGN THIS LARGE INSECT
    for short $$$$

All Pro

/thread
    THis is misleading. Tebow is going to be used in a few different ways, Tebow can be a "punt protector", full back, wildcat guy, etc. Kafka is a QB. The Pats are not going to keep 3 QBs plus Tebow.

That alone is not enough of a reason to not pick up a player. In reality, Kafka seems on the surface like someone who the Jets should pick up.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    THis is misleading. Tebow is going to be used in a few different ways, Tebow can be a "punt protector", full back, wildcat guy, etc. Kafka is a QB. The Pats are not going to keep 3 QBs plus Tebow.

That alone is not enough of a reason to not pick up a player. In reality, Kafka seems on the surface like someone who the Jets should pick up.
    +1

If it's Kafka vs. McElroy, that fight doesn't even last past the first round. I prefer Jackson, but I don't believe McElroy has an NFL future beyond training camp...so bring in somebody.

Practice Squad
    I'm not opposed to bring him in and cut McElroy or Simms. He's already familiar with MM system and he should have some upside. Could add another good element to the "QB battle"

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    and there is no bigger insult to a player than that.... cut in favor of a player incompetent at playing any known NFL position

sounds like something out of Franz Kafka
    'Josephine the mouse singer' by Franz Kafka:

Josephine is a rarity among the mouse people, for she has the innate ability to sing, which none other in the community has displayed. She can not only sing, but she can sing beautifully, helping all the mouse people tolerate their unusually hardworking lives. Some of the mouse people claim to dislike her and do not believe she is truly singing, while others adore her and consider her a communal treasure; regardless, all the mouse people gather round to listen to her, and once she is singing, forget their reservations about her; they use her feeble vocal cords to their utmost strength, and treasure her delicacy.

JetsInsider.com Legend

You just listed what he did for the Jets.

Tebow was no more effective than John Connor in all those roles.

All Pro
    You just listed what he did for the Jets.

Tebow was no more effective than John Connor in all those roles.
    Okay, but no one thinks he's coming in to NE to be the QB of the future there.
    His value, especially to someone like Belichick, is that he's versatile and can have a whole lot more value than your average 3rd QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Okay, but no one thinks he's coming in to NE to be the QB of the future there.
    His value, especially to someone like Belichick, is that he's versatile and can have a whole lot more value than your average 3rd QB.
    Except apparently to the Pats, thats exactly what they are saying he is going to be. They actually believe that Josh the QB maker can develop Tebow into a viable backup QB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Except apparently to the Pats, thats exactly what they are saying he is going to be. They actually believe that Josh the QB maker can develop Tebow into a viable backup QB.
    I love how Marion Barber's fumble and Prater's 50+ yard field goal were somehow Tebow's doing 2 years ago.