Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the **** Am I the Only Person in this House Who Knows How to Put Anything Away?

All League

Why the **** Am I the Only Person in this House Who Knows How to Put Anything Away?

Discuss.

Practice Squad

answer

Cause everyone in your house but you... is stupid~
    Bank on it! I realised this one day when I heard myself say this out loud...
    "Why is there kitty litter in the fish tank?"
    I'm married to Gilligan and my kids are lord of the flies~
    Trust no-one..it's all on you my man

Pickle in the Pocket???

teh scissors.

who haz them??

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GREENBLOODBLITZ View Post
    Cause everyone in your house but you... is stupid~
    Bank on it! I realised this one day when I heard myself say this out loud...
    "Why is there kitty litter in the fish tank?"
    I'm married to Gilligan and my kids are lord of the flies~
    Trust no-one..it's all on you my man
    A kindred spirit.

It's not just that no one else can put anything away, but it's that you get punished for being able to. They don't bother looking for their own scissors, tape, stapler, etc... who knows where the hell those are, right? But hey, daddy always keeps his in that drawer in the back porch. So they head straight for your and next time you yourself go to get your stuff it's disappeared into the ether.

Need some fresh batteries? Hey, daddy usually keeps some fresh batteries in his flashlight...you know, the one he wrote on, "Do not take!!! For emergencies only!!!"

All League
    I know where everything is when I put it away, regardless if it was today or last year.

Nothing worse than coming home and hearing "I cleaned your office today"

Jets Insider VIP
    My wife does, the problem is that it's never in the same place twice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    A kindred spirit.

It's not just that no one else can put anything away, but it's that you get punished for being able to. They don't bother looking for their own scissors, tape, stapler, etc... who knows where the hell those are, right? But hey, daddy always keeps his in that drawer in the back porch. So they head straight for your and next time you yourself go to get your stuff it's disappeared into the ether.

Need some fresh batteries? Hey, daddy usually keeps some fresh batteries in his flashlight...you know, the one he wrote on, "Do not take!!! For emergencies only!!!"

That's another thing. Goddamn kids playing with flashlights.
    By playing with, I mean playing with it for 5 minutes, then leaving it on and abandoning it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    My wife does, the problem is that it's never in the same place twice.
    This.

And worse, when her friend is in town and she's cleaning the house, it's like an angry cleaning where valuable stuff gets tossed. She has tossed out:

- A Fedex Envelope containing an entire season's worth of Jets season tickets (before email/scanning @ the stadium)
    - Jets playoff tickets
    - My Blackberry
    - Who the f-ck knows what else

I've just decided to roll with it. For my health and safety.

Hall Of Fame
    wife is of dutch heritage - all that stuff about the dutch being neat as a pin and sweeping their porches and sidewalks twice a day is true. she comes from a town in the midwest where most people are of dutch ancestry (windmill in the park, dutch festival every summer etc)

the good news - our house always look like it's open house day. the bad news, if i leave one frigging whisker on the bathroom sink after shaving, it's heart attack time.

All League
    Nice. Some good cane shakin in this thread. Keep up the good work.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    I know where everything is when I put it away, regardless if it was today or last year.

All League
    Sping of cane shaking, where'd the "32 Green" thread go to?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Why the **** Am I the Only Person in this House Who Knows How to Put Anything Away?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    the good news - our house always look like it's open house day. the bad news, if i leave one frigging whisker on the bathroom sink after shaving, it's heart attack time.

what about peach fuzz?

wife is of dutch heritage - all that stuff about the dutch being neat as a pin and sweeping their porches and sidewalks twice a day is true. she comes from a town in the midwest where most people are of dutch ancestry (windmill in the park, dutch festival every summer etc)

My wife is so fastidious, if I get up at night to take a leak, when I come back she has the bed made.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post
    My wife is so fastidious, if I get up at night to take a leak, when I come back she has the bed made.
    I'm banned from making the bed or folding laundry - since I apparently lack the skillz.

Mrs FF2® instituted a ridiculous basket system.

Baskets everywhere. She just throws everything in a basket. So if you want to find ANYTHING you need to look through 15 baskets. That's her idea of organizing.

I just want to find ONE GODDAM WORKING PEN to do the Sunday crossword.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm banned from making the bed or folding laundry - since I apparently lack the skillz.
    Well played. Do something so inept, you'll be off the hook for doing it forever.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Well played. Do something so inept, you'll be off the hook for doing it forever.
    Oldest trick in the book. They catch on. I used to "accidentally" break sh:t when doing the dishes. Then she served me dinner on 6 pieces of broken plate, and the unspoken agreement was that I wouldn't be breaking sh:t when doing the dishes any more.