Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK so a friend of mine had this happen....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

OK so a friend of mine had this happen....

No really. Actually in this case it was really a friend of mine. One of the people I play poker with. He was one of the named 104 Johns in this story. Absolutely devastated. Kids getting teased in school. All of this before any case has been proven in court.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/n...ohns-1.5393378

Some of these DAs will do almost anything for votes. I hope it blows up in her face and she gets tossed in the next election cycle.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me get this straight - your friend does an illegal activity, gets caught, and his family suffers. Yet it is the DA's fault?

Amirite?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Let me get this straight - your friend does an illegal activity, gets caught, and his family suffers. Yet it is the DA's fault?

Amirite?
    Annnnddddd here we go!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Amirite?
    Hey, maybe 32green is guilty, maybe he's not....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Amirite?
    Yeah. One for which 40 people have been prosecuted in Nassau country during the last 10 years. One for which my friend has not been either tried or found guilty. This is a publicity stunt by an out of control DA.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Yeah. One for which 40 people have been prosecuted in Nassau country during the last 10 years. One for which my friend has not been either tried or found guilty. This is a publicity stunt by an out of control DA.
    I sympathize for your "friend's" kid - that has to be tough, no doubt.

But, lets call a spade a spade. Your friend is guilty, make no mistake about it. He will end up pleaing to some lesser offense, pay a small fine, do some community service, but if your issue is that his name is being put out there w/o being actually convicted of anything, you're just delaying the inevitable.

If you want to suggest that the DA is wasting a whole lot of man hours and $$$ prosecuting people for something that shouldn't be a crime, well....I agree with you.

But making those names public is an effective deterrent, for sure.

Sorry about your kid though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No really. Actually in this case it was really a friend of mine. One of the people I play poker with. He was one of the named 104 Johns in this story. Absolutely devastated. Kids getting teased in school. All of this before any case has been proven in court.
    What I can't get over every one of the guys busted had the same name. Like, what are the odds of that? Gotta be a hundred to one or more.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry about you buddy.

But, "flush the johns"!!! Post headline material right there!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your buddy should get a lawyer and sue the county, since he's been wrongfully arrested and all.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of these DAs will do almost anything for votes.
    You had me at this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Your buddy should get a lawyer and sue the county, since he's been wrongfully arrested and all.
    I think that's the basis for a plan or perhaps the basis for a defense mechanism.

This is like busting poker games. They can do it any day of the week. The only reason it ever happens is because a DA is up for election. It has nothing to do with the rule of law.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of these DAs will do almost anything for votes. I hope it blows up in her face and she gets tossed in the next election cycle.
    I find it personally difficult to sympathize with a john. Not passing judgment. Live and let live. I've never done that...wouldn't know how. I get fukked by the JETS enough.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I find it personally difficult to sympathize with a john. Not passing judgment. Live and let live. I've never done that...wouldn't know how. I get fukked by the JETS enough.
    I think Shakin can help you out. Carlton is busy right now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that's the basis for a plan or perhaps the basis for a defense mechanism.

This is like busting poker games. They can do it any day of the week. The only reason it ever happens is because a DA is up for election. It has nothing to do with the rule of law.
    Except its not illegal to play poker - only to profit off running the games. So when you get busted, you merely lose your chips and go home.

When you solicit a prostitute, you know the potential consequences - or at least you do now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't pick up Hookers.

Better yet, don't pick up hookers if you have a wife and kids.

Best of all, get Hookers legalized (as they should be) so it's not an issue in the first place.

Best of luck to your friend John.

P.S. I like your sig southparkcpa so I stole it. Or should I say you paid your fair share of sig creativity to me.
    Last edited by Churchill; 06-11-2013 at 05:56 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I think Shakin can help you out. Carlton is busy right now.
    I can't walk away for 10 minutes...

Shakin is having some issues lately. I'm here to help.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Amirite?
    No you're wrong. The DA is a DO-osh. How about running pics in the paper of all the frigid wives, shamus who have let themselves go, or women who just plain went crazy in their 40s?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few of those on the list live in my town. Haven't heard any gossip yet. My cousins know one of the younger Johns. 31 years old and married with a kid. Friggin moron.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fapping is cheaper...and you can't got to jail for it.

Unless you're Pee Wee Herman, and you're it in public somewhere.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did he do it? Is it illegal? Blame the press, not the DA.