Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy Father's Day, ****tards!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Kids got me a beer stein, a Crocodile Dundee hat (lol), sunflower seeds and Reece's Cups.

The woman got me Last of Us, 2 steaks, made brunch and was nice enough to tell me she was going to take a "nap" in the bedroom after she made the kids go to their room for quiet time.

A good day all around.

Gonna wrap it up by smoking a nice bowl and watching V/H/S/2 later tonite (after the kids are all hosed down and ready for their last 3 days of school)....
    +1 to your stellar day.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing good about Father's Day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a sly bastard.

I could tell the woman was dragging ass after giving the kids dinner. She was up early shopping and we both worked 10hrs yesterday at a festival.

I told her to go ahead and take a nap for an hour and a half. I washed dishes, took the kids outside for half an hour, made sure all 3 bathes, gave em dessert, swept the floors and got lunches packed for field trips tomm.

Brownies points X Fathers Day Multiplier. I could come home at 2am tomm drunk from the bar and she'd probably make me an omelette. Booyah.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a sly bastard.

I could tell the woman was dragging ass after giving the kids dinner. She was up early shopping and we both worked 10hrs yesterday at a festival.

I told her to go ahead and take a nap for an hour and a half. I washed dishes, took the kids outside for half an hour, made sure all 3 bathes, gave em dessert, swept the floors and got lunches packed for field trips tomm.

Brownies points X Fathers Day Multiplier. I could come home at 2am tomm drunk from the bar and she'd probably make me an omelette. Booyah.
    Nice. HFD

Kids are out working to pay for a place to bring their girlfriends; this day has lost it's meaning for me...except for 2 awkward phone calls, lol. (my pop is long gone)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Nice. HFD

Kids are out working to pay for a place to bring their girlfriends; this day has lost it's meaning for me...except for 2 awkward phone calls, lol. (my pop is long gone)
    Happy Fathers day my wayward friend...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Nothing good about Father's Day.
    wow fish....lose yours?

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Played golf for the first time in about 2 years today with my dad. I played awful but it was still a good day.
    Probably played better than Phil.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kids got me a beer stein, a Crocodile Dundee hat (lol), sunflower seeds and Reece's Cups.

The woman got me Last of Us, 2 steaks, made brunch and was nice enough to tell me she was going to take a "nap" in the bedroom after she made the kids go to their room for quiet time.

A good day all around.

Gonna wrap it up by smoking a nice bowl and watching V/H/S/2 later tonite (after the kids are all hosed down and ready for their last 3 days of school)....
    Awesomeness....

I had the place to myself last night as the wife and kiddies stayed at her sisters; this way I could make as much noise as I wanted when I forced myself to get up at 4am to go fishing this morning.

Fishing was ok, only got 3 but got 1 nice one which made it worth it.
    Showered, went out and picked up The Last Of Us and played that for a bit until the girls came home.

Took a nap, woke up to make dinner on the grill ( ), and that was pretty much it. Didn't get to see my Dad due to scheduling conflicts but going up to see him in a couple of weeks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    Happy Fathers day my wayward friend...

All good here at Tree Hugger & Sons; just picked up my oldest; he spent the past 6 days in Honolulu; working on music and he feels things are moving in right direction. My youngest came home to have breakfast with all of us; so full house, full bellies and now off to work.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    My son surprised the hell out of me by buying a couple of field level seats for yesterday's Mets game. He's 21, so we were both knocking back some brewskies trying to wash down the horrid taste that is the 2013 Mets until... that walk-off by Niewenheis (sp?) that hit just above where we were sitting.

The other game he went with me was the walk-off Marlon Byrd game against the Fish in the first home stand. So the kid sure can pick his games.

And when we got home, the wife suggested a restaurant and the 4 of us had a good time, with me the object of endless, but good-natured old-fart barbs. My cane-shaking moment came when I pronounced how delighted I will be in the future when THEY have kids who will one day commence to tell THEM how decrepit and hopelessly old-fashioned they are.

Oh, and of course I paid the bill when the check arrived. Whaddya' expect on Father's Day???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Played golf for the first time in about 2 years today with my dad. I played awful but it was still a good day.
    1st time in 2 years with your dad or the 1st time in 2 years at all???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    wow fish....lose yours?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    1st time in 2 years with your dad or the 1st time in 2 years at all???
    1st time in 2 years at all. I have a herniated disc that's been giving me trouble. In the past 8 months or so though it's calmed down.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    And here's to hoping we all get what we REALLY want for Father's Day-

TO BE LEFT ALONE FOR JUST ONE GODDAMN DAY!

You thought I was going to post some titties, didn't you?
    This.

Didn't happen. I screamed "Mulligan" last night. I'll get mine.

Oh and the youngest one (17) gave me a Mothers Day card with Mothers crossed out and Fathers written in. Nevermind the lady with the afro on the front.
    Last edited by chesapeakejet; 06-17-2013 at 01:15 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first FD as a dad fell on my birfday, so that was pretty sweet. Lobster lunch the day before, sis in law babysat so we could party for the first time in forever, wife made incredible breakfast the next day, and while I enjoyed the bacon, she enjoyed the sausage, if you know what I mean.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    This.

Oh and the youngest one (17) gave me a Mothers Day card with Mothers crossed out and Fathers written in. Nevermind the lady with the afro on the front.
    LOL; my son was at a street fair in the FIllmore...he got me a "Mahogany" (by Hallmark) card. I must say, it was damn good. A fine card; one of my favorites.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LOL; my son was at a street fair in the FIllmore...he got me a "Mahogany" (by Hallmark) card. I must say, it was damn good. A fine card; one of my favorites.
    my dad is a bad mother -

hush your mouth

I'm just talkin' about my dad

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    This.

LMAO!

Sounds like something I would have done in my younger days...

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    My first FD as a dad fell on my birfday, so that was pretty sweet. Lobster lunch the day before, sis in law babysat so we could party for the first time in forever, wife made incredible breakfast the next day, and while I enjoyed the bacon, she enjoyed the sausage, if you know what I mean.
    No she didn't.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What time is father's day?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    that left me making the appetizer for dinner at family's house, bathing both kids, showering and picking up the house. Happy Father's Day to me!!
    Thats Monday for me, bub..

Get over yourself.