Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: had to put my jets dog down

Veteran

had to put my jets dog down

I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess it's because another Jets fan has fallen. That may sound ridiculous but she had her own Keyshawn jersey (yes she's the one in my profile pic).we'd watch games I'd do the J E T S and she barked three times for the Jets jets Jets. Always decked out in the jets collar and tags. And always knew who the Pats fans were with a little growl to let them know she knew ( didn't mind fins fans which I couldn't break her of it). she actually loved Bills fans ( think she had a superiority complex and they made her happy). Sorry for this but my best friend, and one of the few supporters in SW Fla won't see this season. RIP little girl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Very sorry for your loss.

Condolences from a Pats fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess it's because another Jets fan has fallen. That may sound ridiculous but she had her own Keyshawn jersey (yes she's the one in my profile pic).we'd watch games I'd do the J E T S and she barked three times for the Jets jets Jets. Always decked out in the jets collar and tags. And always knew who the Pats fans were with a little growl to let them know she knew ( didn't mind fins fans which I couldn't break her of it). she actually loved Bills fans ( think she had a superiority complex and they made her happy). Sorry for this but my best friend, and one of the few supporters in SW Fla won't see this season. RIP little girl.
    WOW..... Very sad, touching. Sorry.

I'm getting ready for the same thing. NOT looking forward to it.

All Pro
    So sorry for your loss. Feel more sorry for those that will never know the joy a good pet can bring.

Remember the good times, and the great life you gave her.

Veteran
    It always sucks. But I understand one thing. Be with your friend at the end. it hurts more, but they were there for you thick or thin. it's the least we can do. it's better they see you then a "vet tech" in their last moments. Help them out, give them extra treats, and they'll let you know when it's time. I hope you have more time then you expect.

That was for you Southpark
    Last edited by CraigFL; 06-11-2013 at 08:04 PM.

All League
    That stinks man. Sorry for your loss.

Bewildered Beast
    Sounds like she had a great life; condolences. RIP 19; ca-nine-teen. How awesome that she did the J E T S cheer.

Sounds like a great pup. Awesome she barked the Jets chant and growled at chowds.

Jets Insider VIP
    It always sucks. But I understand one thing. Be with your friend at the end. it hurts more, but they were there for you thick or thin. it's the least we can do. it's better they see you then a "vet tech" in their last moments. Help them out, give them extra treats, and they'll let you know when it's time. I hope you have more time then you expect.

That was for you Southpark
    Wow...so strange. My 15 year client told me he put down his dog Jake. I've known Jake since birth. He told me the exact same thing. He went in, was petting his dog right to the end.

I heard this TODAY. About 4 hours ago.

I will probably do as you advise. Thank you.

Hall Of Fame
    So sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had a really great pooch. I would have loved to seen her bark the JETS chant.

RIP.

Veteran
    Sorry for your loss. Your dog and you sound like you had a great relationship. That's great about the Jets chant and patsy growling; not so sure about liking fins fans, ha, ha! Some wonderful memories you have, cherish them!

sorry man

the Hampur is here for you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sorry for your loss

Sounds like she gave you a bunch of great years and you gave her a great life for all those years

Great job by both of you

Sorry to hear about your dog, Bro.

I had to put my dog down earlier this year. He was only 8, but was diagnosed with cancer that had spread to far to do anything about. It's an extremely painful experience.

We just got a new pup last weekend. He's cute, and I love him, but I don't think I'll ever get as emotionally attached to another dog because losing them is so painful.

Hall Of Fame
    Terribly sorry Craig, one of life's true terrible moments.

You have memories you'll cherish until your last day. When the time is right,
    there will be a dog sitting in a shelter that needs a best friend like you've been.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post
    He's cute, and I love him, but I don't think I'll ever get as emotionally attached to another dog because losing them is so painful.

I'll take that bet

Believe me, I keep going back to the well

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I'll take that bet

Believe me, I keep going back to the well
    LOL...you're probably right.

This little one is already starting to grow on me...that is, when he's not biting my toes.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post
    We just got a new pup last weekend. He's cute, and I love him, but I don't think I'll ever get as emotionally attached to another dog because losing them is so painful.
    I thought the same thing. But it is impossible. And losing them never gets easier.

All Pro
    Sad news, but I would love to hear that J-E-T-S bark.

If you could put it on a MP3/ringtone that would be a wonderful memory