Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mexico vs CR

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Mexico vs CR

Common CR!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, if Mexico wins, itís over for the U.S.A.?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Awesome fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    No. We dont like Mexico.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    lolwhut

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'll gladly take the tie in Azteca Stadium, but CR could've/should've won that game.

we had a few clear chances, while Mexico didn't do much. but again, a tie at Azteca is a pretty good result all things considered.

the 2nd round is gonna be interesting. 4 teams within 3 points of each other, Mexico having "lost" 6 points at home, Jamaica and Panama seemingly out of it after looking strong early on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i'll gladly take the tie in Azteca Stadium, but CR could've/should've won that game.

we had a few clear chances, while Mexico didn't do much. but again, a tie at Azteca is a pretty good result all things considered.

the 2nd round is gonna be interesting. 4 teams within 3 points of each other, Mexico having "lost" 6 points at home, Jamaica and Panama seemingly out of it after looking strong early on.
    I thought they played better in the snow.

They certainly had their chances...thought they would steal it late. Kennedy(?) has to put those away though.

US looked as solid as I can remember....Altidore looking vastly improved over years past....Bradley and Dempsey solid. D inconsistent but can't help but be impressed with the improvements. Hats off to Klinsy for making a difference.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post

They certainly had their chances...thought they would steal it late. Kennedy(?) has to put those away though.

US looked as solid as I can remember....Altidore looking vastly improved over years past....Bradley and Dempsey solid. D inconsistent but can't help but be impressed with the improvements. Hats off to Klinsy for making a difference.
    USA played very well for the better part of that match last night. They seemed inspired to play to a home field advantage that they rarely, if ever, have seen before. Altidore is in great form and seems to be playing with more and more confidence (i.e. the power move to draw the "should be" penalty in the box). It's a shame he got that bull**** yellow card. The defense is inconsistent, but there's also been some very good flashes from Besler and Gonzalez. They're very good young players that can hopefully anchor the D for years to come. Hope to see a similar effort on Tuesday against Honduras.

Mexico still isn't impressive at all. I thought Jamaica should have won against them last week too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    USA played very well for the better part of that match last night. They seemed inspired to play to a home field advantage that they rarely, if ever, have seen before. Altidore is in great form and seems to be playing with more and more confidence (i.e. the power move to draw the "should be" penalty in the box). It's a shame he got that bull**** yellow card. The defense is inconsistent, but there's also been some very good flashes from Besler and Gonzalez. They're very good young players that can hopefully anchor the D for years to come. Hope to see a similar effort on Tuesday against Honduras.

Mexico still isn't impressive at all. I thought Jamaica should have won against them last week too.
    I agree that Seattle was a great home crowd. But they do get a great crowd every time in Columbus. It's one of the reasons they always put the US/Mexico Qualifying game there.

The US is in a lot of Yellow Card accumulation danger right now (In qualifiers, player misses next game after picking up 2 yellow cards, even if it's across multiple games)

The following players have 1 yellow card:

Altidore, Jozy
    Besler, Matt
    Bradley, Michael
    Cameron, Geoff
    Davis, Brad
    Dempsey, Clint
    Edu, Maurice
    Evans, Brad
    Howard, Tim
    Johnson, Fabian

Missing Next Match

Beasley, DaMarcus

Already missed match due to accumulation

Goodson, Clarence (missed Jamaica 9/11/12 match)
    Jones, Jermaine (missed Guatemala 10/12/12 match)
    Zusi, Graham (missed Panama 6/11/13 match)

If the US can win this next match, they will be in fantastic shape. 13 points through 6 games is great. 16 points have been enough since they started this "Hex" format (6 final teams, play home & Home against each other). Plus there have been a lot of draws this time around, which means less points in play.

Despite all the noise about Mexico, they are not in bad shape. They will most likely be 3rd or tied for 3rd after next weeks games. Just not as good as anyone expected, because Mexico seemed to be running away from the pack in terms of talent in the CONCACAF

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I agree that Seattle was a great home crowd. But they do get a great crowd every time in Columbus. It's one of the reasons they always put the US/Mexico Qualifying game there.

The US is in a lot of Yellow Card accumulation danger right now (In qualifiers, player misses next game after picking up 2 yellow cards, even if it's across multiple games)

The following players have 1 yellow card:

Altidore, Jozy
    Besler, Matt
    Bradley, Michael
    Cameron, Geoff
    Davis, Brad
    Dempsey, Clint
    Edu, Maurice
    Evans, Brad
    Howard, Tim
    Johnson, Fabian

Missing Next Match

Beasley, DaMarcus

Already missed match due to accumulation

Goodson, Clarence (missed Jamaica 9/11/12 match)
    Jones, Jermaine (missed Guatemala 10/12/12 match)
    Zusi, Graham (missed Panama 6/11/13 match)

If the US can win this next match, they will be in fantastic shape. 13 points through 6 games is great. 16 points have been enough since they started this "Hex" format (6 final teams, play home & Home against each other). Plus there have been a lot of draws this time around, which means less points in play.

Despite all the noise about Mexico, they are not in bad shape. They will most likely be 3rd or tied for 3rd after next weeks games. Just not as good as anyone expected, because Mexico seemed to be running away from the pack in terms of talent in the CONCACAF
    Absolutely, Columbus is always great. USA/Mexico in Columbus is on September 11th. Definitely trying to make the trip out there for that one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    deek

i agree that Mexico will be in the top 3 because they always are.

but remember, they've already played 6 games (their match with Jamaica was held a week earlier due to Mexico playing in the Confederations Cup). 8 points in 6 games is weak for them, especially since they've already played 3 games at home which would usually mean 9 "automatic" points for Mexico but they only got 3 ties and no goals.

Mexico has two remaining home games (Honduras and Panama) and two away (US and Costa Rica). they'll find a way into the top 3, but it'll be a tough road.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    USA!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    deek

i agree that Mexico will be in the top 3 because they always are.

but remember, they've already played 6 games (their match with Jamaica was held a week earlier due to Mexico playing in the Confederations Cup). 8 points in 6 games is weak for them, especially since they've already played 3 games at home which would usually mean 9 "automatic" points for Mexico but they only got 3 ties and no goals.

Mexico has two remaining home games (Honduras and Panama) and two away (US and Costa Rica). they'll find a way into the top 3, but it'll be a tough road.
    Rougher than expected, but they still are in fair shape. However, you are right, things haven't been going well for them and they already have played Jamaica 2x. The key for Mexico on the Cycle 7 is the Panama Vs. Jamaica. If Panama wins that game (like they should with how Jamaica has been playing).

Mexico need to get at least 4 points to be in good shape. If they only get 3, it needs to be against Honduras and not the US. The US/Mexico game is less important because at 13 points after 6 games, the US is pretty far above the fray (especially when you consider all the ties this cycle which will reduce the necessary points to get to WC)

If Mexico only ties Honduras and Panama beats Jamaica. (CR/US match isn't as important for this)

Then Panama and Mexico will be tied at 9 points and Honduras will have 8. Panama also has the advantage of playing the US last, where the US will have likely clinched a spot already. I see Mexico getting 4 points in the September games and they will be safe.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rougher than expected, but they still are in fair shape. However, you are right, things haven't been going well for them and they already have played Jamaica 2x. The key for Mexico on the Cycle 7 is the Panama Vs. Jamaica. If Panama wins that game (like they should with how Jamaica has been playing).

Mexico need to get at least 4 points to be in good shape. If they only get 3, it needs to be against Honduras and not the US. The US/Mexico game is less important because at 13 points after 6 games, the US is pretty far above the fray (especially when you consider all the ties this cycle which will reduce the necessary points to get to WC)

If Mexico only ties Honduras and Panama beats Jamaica. (CR/US match isn't as important for this)

Then Panama and Mexico will be tied at 9 points and Honduras will have 8. Panama also has the advantage of playing the US last, where the US will have likely clinched a spot already. I see Mexico getting 4 points in the September games and they will be safe.
    it's sure shaping up to be a very interesting second round.

US and CR are in good shape right now, getting 4 points in the September games pretty much guarantees them a spot in the Top 3.

Mexico could paint themselves into a corner if they don't beat Honduras at home. but i still expect them to qualify when all is said and done.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mexico lost to Panama last night, albeit in the Gold Cup.

Chepo's got one foot out the door...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mexico lost to Panama last night, albeit in the Gold Cup.

Chepo's got one foot out the door...

Heading up to Hartford Tuesday for USA/Costa Rica. Anyone else making the trek?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to go, but it's way too far from NYC. Even Philadelphia is much easier to get to. Last Gold Cup game I went to the US got absolutely slapped by Mexico, 5-0.

Mexico was embarrassed by Panama, but it doesn't really matter, they are not going to lose to Canada and Martinique, and 3 points is probably enough to make it to the 2nd round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to go, but it's way too far from NYC. Even Philadelphia is much easier to get to. Last Gold Cup game I went to the US got absolutely slapped by Mexico, 5-0.

Mexico was embarrassed by Panama, but it doesn't really matter, they are not going to lose to Canada and Martinique, and 3 points is probably enough to make it to the 2nd round.
    Not looking forward to the drive, but luckily this match and the quarters in Baltimore fall in my vacation, so I'm doing both trips. Don't love the Gold Cup, but I'm excited being it's my first time traveling out of the NYC area to see the Nats. Got a cheap hotel within walking distance of the stadium in East Hartford, as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a little shocked Holden isn't starting tonight.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am heading up with teenaged nephews & son. We gave our RB vs Lyon tickets to one of their teachers and will be driving up. You are right, crap drive, sadly we have to come back that night. I am excited to see USMNT first time, my 7 year old is a Roy Miller (the Red Bull) fan (please don't ask), and I played rugby on that pitch, so a bunch of little subplots, never mind a W for the US.