Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Rant Sports lists Rex Ryan as 3rd most OVERRATED COACH

  1. #1

    Talking Rant Sports lists Rex Ryan as 3rd most OVERRATED COACH

    ==

    "Rex Ryan came in hot four years ago. He led his Jets to back-to-back AFC championship games, only to lose both times. But over the past two seasons, things have come unraveled for Ryan. The Jets were a complete train wreck in 2012, and most people agree that Ryan was lucky to get his job back. If he doesn't get New York back on track in 2013, it's curtains for Rexy.

    Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/06/11/jason-garret

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    ==

    "Rex Ryan came in hot four years ago. He led his Jets to back-to-back AFC championship games, only to lose both times. But over the past two seasons, things have come unraveled for Ryan. The Jets were a complete train wreck in 2012, and most people agree that Ryan was lucky to get his job back. If he doesn't get New York back on track in 2013, it's curtains for Rexy.

    Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/06/11/jason-garret
    How dare they say that about our coach. Death to the media.

  3. #3
    didn't know some people rated him so high to be overrated

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    453
    I think any coach who comes in like he did and then puts up two season of 8-8 or lower is going to catch some hell.

    I'm looking forward to football season because I love football. I hope my Jets can crack the 500 mark. 9-7 would make me smile this year being a rebuilding year. We'll see. I have no expectations.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    didn't know some people rated him so high to be overrated
    The only reasons Rex is in the conversation regarding overrated are his mouth, and the fact that he coaches in New York.

    Had Mangini and his silent style experienced the same success as Rex in his first two years, he would be considered a good young coach who had two bad years. But when you combine the brash talk with the slide in performance (and then Tebow), you end up in the overrated conversation.

    Over 10 seasons, Marvin Lewis has a losing record as a coach and has never won a playoff game. But nobody even talks about that guy, much less bashes him. But let him slip once and mention something about kissing Tomlin's ring...it would be over for him.

  6. #6
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    453
    I'm trying to bump this thread up because I'm tired of reading Tebow threads.

    Rex will have a better year this year.

  7. #7
    Guy got to 2 AFC Championship games with a garbage QB. That just doesn't happen much... Certainly doesn't happen for bad coaches.

    I'll be upset the day Rex is gone.

    He's been the most successful Jets coach of my lifetime and that includes Parcells. And Rex did better with less given he didn't have a QB like Vinny.

  8. #8
    That's the second time in six months that Rex has finished third in something.

    The other being the division.

  9. #9
    > do nothing but talk crap about him
    > "OMG SO OVERRATED DOE!"

    lol, ok.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,878
    I wonder what SAR thinks about this???

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,126
    If Rant Sports says it, it MUST be true

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,710
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If Rant Sports says it, it MUST be true
    Seriously

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,776
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    The only reasons Rex is in the conversation regarding overrated are his mouth, and the fact that he coaches in New York.

    Had Mangini and his silent style experienced the same success as Rex in his first two years, he would be considered a good young coach who had two bad years. But when you combine the brash talk with the slide in performance (and then Tebow), you end up in the overrated conversation.

    Over 10 seasons, Marvin Lewis has a losing record as a coach and has never won a playoff game. But nobody even talks about that guy, much less bashes him. But let him slip once and mention something about kissing Tomlin's ring...it would be over for him.
    While I agree to an extent, don't forget Mangini was Man-Genius after winning 10 games and getting bounced by NE in the wild card round.... imagine if he won some playoff games with a guy like Clemens as his QB?

    Rex personality draws more attention, and it also negates the achievements he's accomplished as the Jets HC. If Mangini had the same success with Clemens that Rex had with Sanchez he would be considered a genius and rightfully so.....and a down year or two would after the hypothetical success would be understandable when you have a sht QB..... but with Rex his job is on the line because he made predictions about his team overachieving and winning a ring.

    I agree with Jetsfan83, Rex had done a hell of a job and I want him as the HC of the NYJ.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 06-12-2013 at 12:58 PM.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,723
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    I wonder what SAR thinks about this???
    Rex is a joke. Sanchez would be a great QB if Rex hadn't hired Shotty, and Tanny. His defense is too good that it makes Sanchez feel bad in practice, thus robbing him of his confidence. I'm only active in 2 or 3 threads at a time. You guys are poor, and as such not as good fans as I am. I drive a BMW. Why not put me on ignore if you don't like the truth? Personal attack noted, and sent along to the mods. What outfit should I wear to opening day?

    There you go. Now we don't need him.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,476
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Rex is a joke. Sanchez would be a great QB if Rex hadn't hired Shotty, and Tanny. His defense is too good that it makes Sanchez feel bad in practice, thus robbing him of his confidence. I'm only active in 2 or 3 threads at a time. You guys are poor, and as such not as good fans as I am. I drive a BMW. Why not put me on ignore if you don't like the truth? Personal attack noted, and sent along to the mods. What outfit should I wear to opening day?

    There you go. Now we don't need him.
    SAR wrote that, the clown is SAR. He posts this in response to any and all Rex threads

    IGNORE!!!

  16. #16

    if its about the Jets, it must be true...

    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If Rant Sports says it, it MUST be true
    = plus, I met my girlfriend on the Internet-- she's a French model.

  17. #17
    Anytime an article says "overrated" it just means "who do you not like"?.

  18. #18
    I always wonder if Woody sends Rex love letters on a daily basis...hmm

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,718
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    While I agree to an extent, don't forget Mangini was Man-Genius after winning 10 games and getting bounced by NE in the wild card round.... imagine if he won some playoff games with a guy like Clemens as his QB?

    Rex personality draws more attention, and it also negates the achievements he's accomplished as the Jets HC. If Mangini had the same success with Clemens that Rex had with Sanchez he would be considered a genius and rightfully so.....and a down year or two would after the hypothetical success would be understandable when you have a sht QB..... but with Rex his job is on the line because he made predictions about his team overachieving and winning a ring.

    I agree with Jetsfan83, Rex had done a hell of a job and I want him as the HC of the NYJ.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
    Very cheap shot at Mangini and Clemens. The team they had was a complete disaster. Imagine Sanchez playing behind the OL that Clemens had! The LG was a turnstile!!! He was also horrible in the run game. Clemens had no run game due to injuries and all his receivers were hurt. He was not a great QB and Mangini was not a great HC for us but lets be accurate in our attacks.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,810
    Maybe he is overrated as a DC. Outside of JI, I don't think many people rate him highly as a HC so I don't see how he could be overrated as a HC.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us