Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rant Sports lists Rex Ryan as 3rd most OVERRATED COACH

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys in Green View Post
    Anytime an article says "overrated" it just means "who do you not like"?.
    im pretty sure they all love him as a d# coordinator and have him in the top 3. so, has nothing to do whether they like him or not. he hasnt done anything so far. he cant manage a team, has no leadership ability, he cant get the offense fixed, focuses on defense instead, he bashes other (great) headcoaches and says he's better than them or whatnot when really he hasnt proven anything yet. he is overrated as a headcoach.

hes a great coordinator but not headcoaching material IMO. just like a lot of other guys, its just his personality, he knows too much about the game to be a headcoach. headcoaches are supposed to be guys that arent good enough to coordinate offenses or defenses. all they do is manage the team and hire the right guys to run their offenses/defenses. thats all. belichick is like the only guru (HC) who really runs his entire team from offense, defense, special teams. the only guy that really knows the game and has all the power.

john harbaugh for instance doesnt know ****. he couldnt coordinate a defense or an offense. he's just there to manage/lead the team and make sure the entire thing runs smoothly. mangini could wipe the floor with him in terms of football knowledge, but mangini will never be a great headcoach, harbaugh is. crennel could wipe the floor with him, but he'll never be a great head coach either. just like ryan and so on. everybody wants to be a headcoach when coordinating a defense or offense takes way more skill and i'd imagine is a lot more fun to do. but they all want to be the sole reason their team is winning and become a headcoach.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is God! Ban this mother****er!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    I wonder what SAR thinks about this???
    STFU, SAR Jr.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Guy got to 2 AFC Championship games with a garbage QB. That just doesn't happen much... Certainly doesn't happen for bad coaches.

I'll be upset the day Rex is gone.

He's been the most successful Jets coach of my lifetime and that includes Parcells. And Rex did better with less given he didn't have a QB like Vinny.
    Rex deserves a lion's share of the blame for placing his faith in Sanchez in the first place, but I'd second this. He's a much better coach than I figured he was. When he gets even bad to average production from his QB, he was winning playoff games. It'd be a shame if after the Jets fired him he never got to be a head coach again.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan is a good coach and going nowhere....jets wins the past 4 seasons....11-13-8-6 and with not the best talent...I don't care about his so called big mouth...the man is REAL and says what's on his mind and he could give a damn. These people who want him fired are clueless.....last year was a train wreck but it is what it is...LAST YEAR. This is now 2013...that's my focus.....this team will compete in 2013.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Ryan is a good coach and going nowhere....jets wins the past 4 seasons....11-13-8-6 and with not the best talent...I don't care about his so called big mouth...the man is REAL and says what's on his mind and he could give a damn. These people who want him fired are clueless.....last year was a train wreck but it is what it is...LAST YEAR. This is now 2013...that's my focus.....this team will compete in 2013.
    +1

Excellent Head Coach. Glad he is a Jet and looking forward to the long term extension he'll be getting this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    I wonder what SAR thinks about this???
    I don't really give a sh*t what he thinks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If Rant Sports says it, it MUST be true
    LOL!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    STFU, SAR Jr.
    I don't think he is SARI, Jr

I think he's actually SARI himself using a second user ID he set up years ago for emergency use during bands

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is a great coach. 2 AFC championship games while carrying the worst qb in the league over the last 4 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I don't think he is SARI, Jr

I think he's actually SARI himself using a second user ID he set up years ago for emergency use during bands
    It was my first thought.

Certainly reeks of a sarry post, but it was all over sar's nuts before it was band...
    How pathetic if that's actually him!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasemuir View Post
    Rex is a great coach. 2 AFC championship games while carrying the worst qb in the league over the last 4 years.
    +1

AND STILL maintaining a stellar D after losing the "greatest player in the history of the NFL" along with losing the most dominant NT I've ever seen play and trash at Safety...

But Rex sucks and has no idea what he's doing..... yeeeeah

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    Rex deserves a lion's share of the blame for placing his faith in Sanchez in the first place, but I'd second this. He's a much better coach than I figured he was. When he gets even bad to average production from his QB, he was winning playoff games. It'd be a shame if after the Jets fired him he never got to be a head coach again.
    I'll help you out here. When he gets average to good production form his RB's he was winning playoff games. The QB was an aferthought, along for the ride. When G&P stopped working so did team Rex. The offensive brainstrust the first 4 years had no clue how to do anything other than G&P when it stopped being effective so did the Jets - yet the QB remains the scapegoat.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    I'm trying to bump this thread up because I'm tired of reading Tebow threads.

Rex will have a better year this year.
    The signal is clear; J E T S jetsjetsjets fans are tired of the talking - IN THE MEDIA.

Show 'em what you got, Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    JET FANS UNITED

GO JETS!!

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    SAR wrote that, the clown is SAR. He posts this in response to any and all Rex threads

IGNORE!!!
    You got premature response syndrome?

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    JET FANS UNITED

GO JETS!!
    Well, that's right on time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasemuir View Post
    A great coach who hasn't beaten a winning team except one in 2 years and is barely 500 excluding playoffs.

this year , perhaps the REAL REX will show himself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    The signal is clear; J E T S jetsjetsjets fans are tired of the talking - IN THE MEDIA.

Show 'em what you got, Rex.

+1

He hasn't been saying much this year. I think Idzik let him know he needs to stop showing his hand.

Or maybe he just learned the hard way... He definitely doesn't LOOK at the Media people the same after last season.
    The look on his face when he answered some of their Tebow questions was priceless.

Can't wait to see the D he's putting together. Hopefully we don't get ravaged with injuries again.