Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here was one of the gun owners!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I happen to agree. Guns in a liquored up environment = ouch.
    In downtown Charleston not much of a problem. Go a ways out and it's an outrage I think. The lawmakers here believe in right. A bill outlawing Obamacare has advanced. It threatens with imprisonment any individual or group which enforces it. It's still 1861 in some respects although my native friends have accepted me - a Yankee.
    Definitely - I believe strongly in personal rights and not being told what to do by the govt, but when folks are drinking, I don't want them driving, carrying a gun, or anything else that could cause collateral damage to, very selfishly, ME

Last thing we need is some dumbass pulling a Plaxico Burress at the local bar, and instead of shooting himself, shooting someone else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    His joke used incorrect data. It is not possum but coon. How is possum a joke? The graphic was an effective joke. Graphics. You know like art.
    Perhaps you should get more of an overall education than an art degree. You may make more than your paltry salary.
    Your one liners are humor? Your dumbness is actually humorous.
    Geez, I grew up in the Boundary Waters of northern Minnesota. Hunted, fished, snow-mobiled, snow-shoed, lived on a farm... just another city boy.

Anyway, coon-skin doesn't have the same resonance as possum. It was for literary effect which obviously was lost on some of my viewers. For that I apologize.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Geez, I grew up in the Boundary Waters of northern Minnesota. Hunted, fished, snow-mobiled, snow-shoed, lived on a farm... just another city boy.

Anyway, coon-skin doesn't have the same resonance as possum. It was for literary effect which obviously was lost on some of my viewers. For that I apologize.
    ==============================================

Is this another "literary" joke. It would be more accurate to some of my readers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't dumb down your material for the unsophisticated (like 32 does).

Possum was perfect.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Disagree. Coonskin is cool. They have character. A possum is a play dead animal. Essentially a rat. Resonance? Don't get artsy here.