Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon ltd edition Madden NFL 25 + Sunday Ticket...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazon ltd edition Madden NFL 25 + Sunday Ticket...

Offer just went live today. Limited to first 100k pre-orders. Looks like you can get Sunday Ticket on your computer or tablet even if you don't have DirectTV... $99.00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=B00CF7KVGE

Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

With Madden NFL 25, unlock the power, precision, and creativity of the NFL ball-carrier. Whether you’re a slashing running-back, dual-threat QB, or ball-hawking safety, unleash 30 new moves and string together devastating combos with the all-new precision modifier in Madden NFL 25.

Have questions? See our FAQ.

From the FAQ:

What is included with Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition?

Madden NFL 25 standard edition for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3
    One Madden Ultimate Team pack per week for the 17 weeks of the NFL season
    Access to the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.
    Additional offers from DirecTV

Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?
    No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

I don't have DirecTV service, but I'd like to sign up. What offers are available to me?
    In addition to access to the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices, the Anniversary Edition includes an exclusive promotional code. When redeemed, this offers a $10 discount per month for the first year of service, in addition to NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge. This includes HD viewing on your TV of every NFL game, up to eight games at once on the Mix Channel, and more.

If I have DirecTV service and standard NFL Sunday Ticket, will this give me access on computer, tablet, and mobile devices?
    Yes, each Anniversary Edition includes a unique code that entitles a purchaser to NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

Are there limited quantities of the Anniversary Edition?
    Yes, there are a limited number of units, available only at Amazon.

Can I watch NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3 by purchasing the Anniversary Edition?
    No, this only provides access to NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

What tablet and mobile devices are compatible with NFL Sunday Ticket?
    Please see the DirecTV Answer Center here for a list of supported devices.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    too bad my xbox broke. Every other year madden sucks anyways with a different commentator or unfluid movement in the players. it keeps going back and forth

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a no brainer

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Offer just went live today. Limited to first 100k pre-orders. Looks like you can get Sunday Ticket on your computer or tablet even if you don't have DirectTV... $99.00
    I pre-ordered mine on May 30th....this deal has been out for a while on Amazon

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would be careful...unable is different then dont want to.

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    I pre-ordered mine on May 30th....this deal has been out for a while on Amazon
    that's what I heard and I stand corrected.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
    I am unable to. Good thing, I already oredered

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post

The FAQ section makes it clear that you don't need a DirectTV subscription to access Sunday Ticket on a computer, tablet, or mobile device.

Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?
    No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait.

SO it's $100 for Sunday Ticket online, am I understanding that right?

I don't even play video games, and I still will do that. I've never seen online sunday ticket that cheap before. I can always sell the game, or give it to my nephew or whatever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    uh.... anyone want to buy Madden 25th anniversary edition for $50?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It says TRIAL. So it's not the full season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    It says TRIAL. So it's not the full season.
    It says 17 weeks

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, you're right. Thanks. And thanks for bringing this to my attention OP.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    no problem. Apparently this was announced in mid-May, but I only heard about it today. Here's another article, confirming that yes, the 25th anniversary Madden game comes with a code providing the buyer access to DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket even if the buyer isn't a subscriber to DirecTV:

http://kotaku.com/madden-special-edi...n-wi-508524868

madden
    Owen Good 5/18/13 3:00pm 25,765
    Madden Special Edition Includes 'Sunday Ticket'—Even Without DirecTV

Yesterday, EA Sports announced a $100 "Anniversary Edition" for Madden NFL 25 that will include a code offering buyers access to DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket—the channel that lets you watch any team outside of your local market—even if they aren't subscribers to the satellite TV service.

There's been a bit of confusion as to what all this means. Yes, DirecTV is doing the deal because it hopes football fans might ditch their cable provider and sign up with them. But even if you live in an area with DirecTV access, and choose not to subscribe, you may still use the code to watch Sunday Ticket games on your computer, tablet or other mobile device. You don't have to subscribe to DirectTV. (Update: You cannot use the code to access Sunday Ticket through the PS3's app. Lots of folks wondered about that one. Sorry.)

That comes from Anthony Stevenson, Madden's director of marketing, clearing up some confusion from the official announcement yesterday. "With this offer you don't need to be a directv subscriber," he said today via Twitter. "You can access Sunday Ticket digitally."

Of course, you can't watch Sunday Ticket on a TV (unless you rig it up as your PC or mobile's display, I suppose) so DirecTV wants you to so fall in love with the Red Zone channel, and not being shackled to the Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars or a Parade of Homes infomercial if your team is blacked out, that you're willing to slap a dish on the side of your house. That's up to you.

The "anniversary edition" is $40 more than the regular one, of course, but speaking as someone who's gone without any kind of TV service other than Netflix and MLB.tv for the past year, that's decent value. Only a "limited number" of these editions will be sold so, obviously, it's a big preorder come on.

The official news release said simply that the "unique code" included in the box was "for fans unable to receive DirecTV service." The other bullet points implied those that did have access to DirectTV would have to sign up to take advantage of the code. "Offers like this are complex and have to be written a certain way," Stevenson explained later. "Believe me, I wish it was easier too."

Yesterday, Stevenson also fielded questions from ESPN about the notorious exclusive license EA Sports has to make NFL video games. “We’re not able to comment on negotiations, but the NFL continues to be an amazing partner for us," he said. "Our relationship is stronger than it has ever been, I’ll say that, but I can’t comment on contracts or rights.” That sounds like a renewal is imminent to me, not that the NFL really has much of an option at this point.

Also, regarding the unusual name for this year's edition—Madden NFL 25, which refers to the 25th anniversary edition of the game, not the year 2025. "Just because we’re Madden NFL 25 this year doesn’t mean that we have to be Madden NFL 26 next year or even Madden NFL 15," he said. More ammo for the theory that EA Sports will shift its flagship titles to a downloadable subscription model—obviating the need for annual releases or titles that describe them—once the next console generation arrives.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered me a copy. Hope it works as described. I'll hook my computer up to my 60" and save a lot of money from going to the sports bar every week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any clue if this streams in HD?

And do you NEED to buy Madden?!

They didn't do a very good job at explaining this... And fcking LAME you can't get it through PS3, which is a computer/blu-ray player...
    I guess they don't want you to be able to watch online upconverted to 1080p.
    Comcast/Xfinity fockers are doing this with HBO-Go for Roku. (only service provider not supporting HBO-Go for Roku, just so happens to be the biggest)

Can't stand these scumbag monopolies
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 06-13-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    can you just order the Sunday Ticket code and tell them to not bother with the idiotic video game?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Seems like a no brainer
    I had the iPad version a couple of years ago. It was spotty service and they blacked out the "local" games ( the Jets) even though the Jets game wasn't on TV (we get Pats games).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I had the iPad version a couple of years ago. It was spotty service and they blacked out the "local" games ( the Jets) even though the Jets game wasn't on TV (we get Pats games).
    I checked into getting it a couple years ago... It was ONLY available if you couldn't get positioning with a dish and they actually wanted to send a friggin tech out to make sure. DICKS

I would have been able to get around it, but then I heard the streams were VERY choppy and not in HD.

I go to the bar for every game anyways... We have a killer Jets fan club, it gets pretty wild at times. Reminds me of the Gate D spirals some days

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    (we get Pats games).
    My condolences