Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rai-duhs qb FAIL: 90210 where'd you get these bums?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Rai-duhs qb FAIL: 90210 where'd you get these bums?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...d-by-reporters

We try not to overreact to offseason practice evaluations. After all, as Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said, it's just "football in shorts." But sometimes we see practice reports that we just can't ignore.

Tuesday in Oakland was one of those days. The Raiders' quarterbacks are not capable of performing basic tasks at this stage, according to various reporters present for the team's first day of minicamp.

From Steve Corkran of the Oakland Tribune: "In 19 years covering the NFL, today's showing by Matt Flynn, Tyler Wilson, Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin rates as one of the worst in memory."

An Associated Press reporter started an article with what he saw out of the Raiders' passing game: "Batted balls. Wounded ducks. Interceptions. Passes into the turf."

From Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle: "It was the opening of duck season, er, the Raiders three-day minicamp, on Tuesday as the team's top three quarterbacks picked up where they left off in the team's organized workouts the last month."

And ...

"On two straight throws, starter Matt Flynn lobbed two wounded ducks downfield -- and they were the plays of the day," Tafur wrote.

It appeared the quarterbacks struggled equally, although the practice reports about Pryor were particularly negative. He had four passes batted down alone. Flynn said all the batted balls were "nerve-wracking."

The Raiders are professing patience publicly because they have to.

"I don't allow that to frustrate me," coach Dennis Allen said. "I understand where we're at in the season."

It sounds like what we heard from the Raiders' offseason practices one year ago.
    Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.

Now tell us more about your explosive offense??

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    before people come in and start with their "what a pathetic team" rant... internet football die hards love making fun of other teams. "Lololololz. jets are a circus. lololoz the raiders are dumb the browns are dumb, the jaguars too. they all suck ". everyone loves taking shots at the wounded 3 legged dogs. hard to believe a lot of the people who talk crap have day jobs and arent 13 years old. or i guess they just have boring jobs sitting at a cpu all day and just browse football sites. grow up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How dare you speak that way about the most EXPLOSIVE team in da leeg?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do the Jets play the Raiders this season? Hope So!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Shouldn't it be easy to plat QB with all those weapons and the bestest WR in the game?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Do the Jets play the Raiders this season? Hope So!
    Yes, 12/8.

And Raider90210 is predicting he will have a wild celebration at the Jets expense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    before people come in and start with their "what a pathetic team" rant... internet football die hards love making fun of other teams. "Lololololz. jets are a circus. lololoz the raiders are dumb the browns are dumb, the jaguars too. they all suck ". everyone loves taking shots at the wounded 3 legged dogs. hard to believe a lot of the people who talk crap have day jobs and arent 13 years old. or i guess they just have boring jobs sitting at a cpu all day and just browse football sites. grow up.
    Hey Mother Theresa, the article was written by NFL.com reporters who yes have a full time occupation reporting on guess what, football.

Yes, I love posting on this forum and discussing the Jets, my beloved team. If another football team fan comes in here posting nonsense and inflammatory statements of course we'll defend our team and dish out the crow. If you want to sit back and pontificate, go ahead that's your choice. But don't expect me to sit back and watch trolls run amok.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who said the Raiders were dumb? Raider##### isn't the sharpest tool though. In fact he's like one of those really dull tools that annoys the hell out of you, and that you wish would just break already so you can buy a nice new one. The Raiders do suck though, and haven't had a winning season since...a long time. They also traded multiple picks for Palmer, and then traded him for peanuts, just to trade for more garbage. Then Raider##### demeans us for taking Geno, and keeping Sanchez, while all the while Macelroy would be the best QB on their team. Hell they probably would be better with Tebow. Couldn't happen to a better team, and fan base.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Shouldn't it be easy to plat QB with all those weapons and the bestest WR in the game?
    The Raiders QBs always plat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Hey Mother Theresa, the article was written by NFL.com reporters who yes have a full time occupation reporting on guess what, football.

Yes, I love posting on this forum and discussing the Jets, my beloved team. If another football team fan comes in here posting nonsense and inflammatory statements of course we'll defend our team and dish out the crow. If you want to sit back and pontificate, go ahead that's your choice. But don't expect me to sit back and watch trolls run amok.
    The guys who cover the Jets do the same thing. It's far too early for these articles. The Radiers, like the Jets, are a team that the media loves to kill no matter what. Now, the Raiders have given them a lot of ammo in the last decade, but it seems like the same kind of article that we see written about the Jets all the time and everyone gets up in arms about it. I'm not ready to write them off as the worst group of QBs since the Cardinals and Jets of 2012 just yet.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

im just saying look at comments on pft and espn article. half of the people are **** talkers
    and usually happens here when discussing other teams

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean exactly what you are doing here?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    im just saying look at comments on pft and espn article. half of the people are **** talkers
    and usually happens here when discussing other teams
    Guess you miss a large part of what fans do when talking sports.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raiders fans post here because it distract them from how pathetic their franchise has become. I am big Penn St. fan and there will always be a special place in my heart for Mcgloin, but he should not be on anyone's depth chart. But with guys like Pryor and Flynn at the top he has a shot to land a roster spot, which is kind of sad.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember a lot of posters on here were in love with Matt Flynn, all because he had 1 great game as a Packer. That was plain stupid. Look at his college stats.... he sucked.

Tbh, I think Flynn is probably a worse pro QB than Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The Raiders QBs always plat.
    LOL, p l a y

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting for the explosive spin...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    90210 will not enter any thread which talks about Raiders players.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...d-by-reporters

We try not to overreact to offseason practice evaluations. After all, as Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said, it's just "football in shorts." But sometimes we see practice reports that we just can't ignore.

Tuesday in Oakland was one of those days. The Raiders' quarterbacks are not capable of performing basic tasks at this stage, according to various reporters present for the team's first day of minicamp.

From Steve Corkran of the Oakland Tribune: "In 19 years covering the NFL, today's showing by Matt Flynn, Tyler Wilson, Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin rates as one of the worst in memory."

An Associated Press reporter started an article with what he saw out of the Raiders' passing game: "Batted balls. Wounded ducks. Interceptions. Passes into the turf."

From Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle: "It was the opening of duck season, er, the Raiders three-day minicamp, on Tuesday as the team's top three quarterbacks picked up where they left off in the team's organized workouts the last month."

And ...

"On two straight throws, starter Matt Flynn lobbed two wounded ducks downfield -- and they were the plays of the day," Tafur wrote.

It appeared the quarterbacks struggled equally, although the practice reports about Pryor were particularly negative. He had four passes batted down alone. Flynn said all the batted balls were "nerve-wracking."

The Raiders are professing patience publicly because they have to.

"I don't allow that to frustrate me," coach Dennis Allen said. "I understand where we're at in the season."

It sounds like what we heard from the Raiders' offseason practices one year ago.
    Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.

Now tell us more about your explosive offense??
    So Let make a bet 100.00 dollars the loser donates to this site (so we know if someone paid up) . The bet is whoever offense, the Raiders or Jets is worse in 2013 has to pay up. Now are you as confidant in the Jet offense, as I am in the raiders offense. (what ever criteria you want to go by )

Do we have a bet. Let everyone know if your all talk or your actual believe what your trying to convince yourself.. I will tell you that is a bet your easily going to lose. Butt Fumbler isn't the worse Qb in the league for nothing. (my ace in the hole)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-12-2013 at 10:17 PM.