Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brutal starting schedule gives Sanchez last chance

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post

What we do in Septemeber will go a long way in determining this teams final record.
    I agree.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well...

1) The Patsies are an established team that made it to the AFC Championship with a HOF QB.

2) They have won the division 9 out of the last 10 seasons.

3) The Jets will be suffering through a rebuilding year, something that is not normally conducive to beating top teams in the AFC.

4) The Patsies beat us the last 4 times we have faced them.

5) The Jets lost to them by 30 points at home in our last meeting.

Do we have a chance? Yes, or course. Anything can happen, but that certainly doesn't mean it will. The likelihood is quite miniscule.
    Ummm this is a darn good post !!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This years defense will keep us in all out games....this is a young nasty group Rex has assembled

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    If I remember correctly, when Revis held out (Hard Knocks season) he came back into camp in pretty bad shape and was hurt early on. He certainly wasn't the same guy he was in that insane season the year before. I'm not buying into him being anywhere near 100% in week 1 yet. We'll learn more in training camp I guess.

On the other hand, since Revis covers WRs, and we don't seem to have any, is it really an issue either way?
    That's right, Revis seemed to be out of shape when he held out, gut hurt and missed a couple of games Even if he says he will be fine, Revis is still recovering and learning a new system, not sure how he could be playing at 100% in game 1

Cruz was a UDFA and the Jets roster is not done yet, just have to hope they find some WR help

On face of it this schd looks to be very tough for the team. Yet, all the win losses we are looking at is assuming that each one of our opponents won't have any issues (injuries ) themselves. Of course the same factor also applies to the Jets. My point being, its a long season and if all factors remain perfect, yeah it could be ugly. In the sport of football all things NEVER remain perfect

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    This years defense will keep us in all out games....this is a young nasty group Rex has assembled
    I am excited about the DL but the linebackers and secondary still have significant questions.

All League
    Well the offense is going to be as bad or worse than last year's offense. If Ivory isn't the second coming of Jerome Bettis or gets injured, the offense will be historically bad. We have no receivers and we are counting on too many oft-injured vets at guard and TE that it would be a miracle if all three were adequate.

Throw in the Coples at LB experiment and questions at both safeties spots, I have little optimism for this season. I will root for the Jets each and every week but anyone Expecting more than 2 or 3 wins before the first Miami game is delusional and setting themselves up for a major disappointment.

Problem is that Jax, Oak, and possibly even Cleveland could be just as terrible. We could actually win 3 games and be picking 3rd. So no Clowney or Bridgewater.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Start with new offensive system vs. best potential secondary in league (+Revis) followed by a trip to NE on 4 days rest for a night prime time game
    Week 1 Tampa Bay
    Week 2 @New England - Thursday Night Football

Team could easily be 0-2 increasing pressure to beat rebuilding Bills then travel to Nashville to remember Sanchez fumbling away remaining hope last season
    Week 3 Buffalo
    Week 4 @Tennessee

Night prime time game vs a team that won 13 regular season games last year, 6 days rest and then Steelers coming off a bye week
    Week 5 @Atlanta - Monday Night Football
    Week 6 Pittsburgh

Two 10+ win teams followed by motivated Payton/Brees with Rob Ryan Defense
    Week 7 New England
    Week 8 @Cincinnati
    Week 9 New Orleans

Week 10 Bye - (New QB, HC or both?)

Two road games to start the second half, second vs the Superbowl champs
    Week 11 @Buffalo
    Week 12 @Baltimore

This is the fun part and possible playoff run "green glasses on" (unless the fish really have found a QB)
    Week 13 Miami
    Week 14 Oakland
    Week 15 @Carolina
    Week 16 Cleveland
    Week 17 @Miami

Anyone see 10+ wins in that schedule? Really, please help me understand
    Im seeing 5-7 wins

I've been looking at our schedule since it came out and all I see is four wins.

That's awful but at the same time I want Rex Ryan gone so at least it will probably accomplish that.

Than again, we could always win four games just to have Woody come out and continue to support Rex, followed by a Rex speech about how he wants to attack the ball.

Guessing he'll just get fired though, which is great for the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I've been looking at our schedule since it came out and all I see is four wins.

That's awful but at the same time I want Rex Ryan gone so at least it will probably accomplish that.

Than again, we could always win four games just to have Woody come out and continue to support Rex, followed by a Rex speech about how he wants to attack the ball.

Guessing he'll just get fired though, which is great for the Jets.
    BAN

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    F u
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I am excited about the DL but the linebackers and secondary still have significant questions.
    And our offense hasn't produced dick in 2 years.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    SARI has left but SARJr remains to carry on his crusade
    LOL, whatever you want to think. I won't root against the Jets - ever. But, I can speak up about a player or coach as much as anyone else on the board. I think the Head Coach sucks.
    SAR, Jr - well...... thank you. I hope I make him proud. LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    SAR didn't root against the Jets

SAR thought the head coach sucks

SAR loved clown logos

welcome back, SAR II

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I'm looking at the teams which also have question marks....why is this schedule so brutal when we are in June and do not know how this team will look like on the field....the jets could win any of those games...sheesh.

Hall Of Fame
    how can you actually predict wins in june when you don't know how this team or the foes will even look lol to say you see 5 wins before even seeing the team which has more talent take the field makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I need to go through this more slowly a few times but I'm seeing 5-6.

Hall Of Fame
    and how do you know that the offense will be as bad or worse than last years...what do you base this on....are you people for real...I mean the friggin sky has already fallen and we are in june...no one here has even seen this team play and yet all I see is 4 wins....5 wins....we will be terrible etc....I am a die hard jets fan since 1975 but I truly can't understand how so many so called fans can have this inferior complex about their so called team...we are in june and we have so many new players...how do you think you can make a prediction when you have no clue...lol this is truly amazing and funny. I am thankful that I have an optimistic attitude about the 2013 jets....if they get off to a horrid start then ok...but that is in September...we are in june and there is ZERO optimism about this team from the majority of fans on this board......whew I am truly glad my outlook is different.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Well the offense is going to be as bad or worse than last year's offense. If Ivory isn't the second coming of Jerome Bettis or gets injured, the offense will be historically bad. We have no receivers and we are counting on too many oft-injured vets at guard and TE that it would be a miracle if all three were adequate.

Throw in the Coples at LB experiment and questions at both safeties spots, I have little optimism for this season. I will root for the Jets each and every week but anyone Expecting more than 2 or 3 wins before the first Miami game is delusional and setting themselves up for a major disappointment.

Problem is that Jax, Oak, and possibly even Cleveland could be just as terrible. We could actually win 3 games and be picking 3rd. So no Clowney or Bridgewater.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    and how do you know that the offense will be as bad or worse than last years...what do you base this on....
    Same questions on offense that existed going into last season still exist going into this season. Ergo....

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Start with new offensive system vs. best potential secondary in league (+Revis) followed by a trip to NE on 4 days rest for a night prime time game
    Week 1 Tampa Bay
    Week 2 @New England - Thursday Night Football

Team could easily be 0-2 increasing pressure to beat rebuilding Bills then travel to Nashville to remember Sanchez fumbling away remaining hope last season
    Week 3 Buffalo
    Week 4 @Tennessee

Night prime time game vs a team that won 13 regular season games last year, 6 days rest and then Steelers coming off a bye week
    Week 5 @Atlanta - Monday Night Football
    Week 6 Pittsburgh

Two 10+ win teams followed by motivated Payton/Brees with Rob Ryan Defense
    Week 7 New England
    Week 8 @Cincinnati
    Week 9 New Orleans

Week 10 Bye - (New QB, HC or both?)

Two road games to start the second half, second vs the Superbowl champs
    Week 11 @Buffalo
    Week 12 @Baltimore

This is the fun part and possible playoff run "green glasses on" (unless the fish really have found a QB)
    Week 13 Miami
    Week 14 Oakland
    Week 15 @Carolina
    Week 16 Cleveland
    Week 17 @Miami

Anyone see 10+ wins in that schedule? Really, please help me understand
    Week 1 Tampa Bay-W
    Week 2 @New England-L
    Week 3 Buffalo-W
    Week 4 @Tennessee-W
    Week 5 @Atlanta -L
    Week 6 Pittsburgh-W
    Week 7 New England-W
    Week 8 @Cincinnati-W
    Week 9 New Orleans-L
    Week 10 BYE
    Week 11 @Buffalo-W
    Week 12 @Baltimore-L
    Week 13 Miami-W
    Week 14 Oakland-W
    Week 15 @Carolina-W
    Week 16 Cleveland-W
    Week 17 @Miami-L

I see a HOMER year for me BUT maybe some surprises here...I think we can pull one out from NE...We were soo bad last year and I think our D is better younger faster and I dont think Miami is any better...one of those games can go either way but other than that i think we still will have a top tier D and will be 10-6 or SURPRISING 11-5 or im way off and we will STINK. But i DO see 10 wins...