Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Brutal starting schedule gives Sanchez last chance

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    i see maybe 5 wins
    Big surprise there for the newest Pats fan. Tebow time
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 06-17-2013 at 12:17 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Almost every team we face was between 6-10, and 8-8 last year. We can't be any worse than last year where we could have been at least 8-8 if we had some breaks, and/or less injuries. We could win anywhere from 6 to10 games this year depending on how the QBs pan out, and If we avoid injuries. Anyone that says different, is ignorant, or has an agenda.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    and how do you know that the offense will be as bad or worse than last years...what do you base this on....are you people for real...I mean the friggin sky has already fallen and we are in june...no one here has even seen this team play and yet all I see is 4 wins....5 wins....we will be terrible etc....I am a die hard jets fan since 1975 but I truly can't understand how so many so called fans can have this inferior complex about their so called team...we are in june and we have so many new players...how do you think you can make a prediction when you have no clue...lol this is truly amazing and funny. I am thankful that I have an optimistic attitude about the 2013 jets....if they get off to a horrid start then ok...but that is in September...we are in june and there is ZERO optimism about this team from the majority of fans on this board......whew I am truly glad my outlook is different.
    If you watched football since 1975 then you would understand that the team with the worst QB in the league usually loses more games than the win. Now lets add that Freeman, probably a bottom 5-7 QB threw for over 1200 yards MORE than Sanchez. That's almost 100 yards a game.

We don't have a #1 or even a #2 receiving threat. We have 3 starters on our OL that are questions marks either due to injury or just bad play. We don't have a RB that has been a #1 back in the NFL before, and our potential top 2 receiving threats basically did not play last year.

Even looking at our defense where we lost 7 starters, how do you homers think we are automatically going to be better than last year?

Please elaborate how you can possibly see this team winning 8 games? Even 6 games? Do you honestly feel that Sanchez is headed for a career year? Maybe you see Sanchez putting 300 yard passing games throwing to Kerley and Hill when I see teams crowding the box and forcing more MS turnovers. I loved the Geno Smith Pick but he is just not there yet and does not have the tools around him to be successful.

There were similar threads last year where the homer majority lashed out at the realists, even to the point of the "Sar, Eat a D!ck" thread that was grossly premature and look where we ended up.

Everybody is assuming we get off to a 3-1 start. They must not know or understand that TB and Ten were able to improve their teams where we were strapped by the salary cap and basically couldn't bring anyone of substance in.

So keep believing that all 32 teams have a legitimate chance at the SB each year while I patiently witness the complete rebuild of this Jets teams.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I'm looking at the teams which also have question marks....why is this schedule so brutal when we are in June and do not know how this team will look like on the field....the jets could win any of those games...sheesh.
    Discussion is the higher degree of difficulty based on first half of schedule timing and opponents;

Jets are on the road in NE with only 4 days rest for game 2
    they play 3 10+win teams in October, the "easy" game is the Steelers who will be coming off a bye when Jets will be returning from MNF in Atlanta

December on the other hand should enable the young team to finish strong

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Discussion is the higher degree of difficulty based on first half of schedule timing and opponents;

Jets are on the road in NE with only 4 days rest for game 2
    they play 3 10+win teams in October, the "easy" game is the Steelers who will be coming off a bye when Jets will be returning from MNF in Atlanta

December on the other hand should enable the young team to finish strong
    +1

In a perfect world, Sanchez would be the sacrificial lamb until December but somehow I honestly doubt the team can give Geno that long before handing him the ball.

It's a paradox. Team is rebuilding at every phase of the offense, LB and safety, and the coaching staff is in a win now or else mode. I just can't see how this is a good thing for the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Almost every team we face was between 6-10, and 8-8 last year. We can't be any worse than last year where we could have been at least 8-8 if we had some breaks, and/or less injuries. We could win anywhere from 6 to10 games this year depending on how the QBs pan out, and If we avoid injuries. Anyone that says different, is ignorant, or has an agenda.
    When you say "depending on how the QBs pan out" you are giving one hell of a disclaimer. Anyone can say If Sanchez sells his soul to be Aaron Rodgers, we have a shot at the Super Bowl."

There is not one sign that Sanchez is going to be anything but terrible again this year. He has done nothing to warrant any faith from any of the fan base to warrant any kind of optimism. Anyone thinking that Sanchez will elevate his game to another level is basing that on blind faith, kind of on the same level f a 5 year old putting his tooth under the pillow and having faith that there will be money under it in the morning.

I like Geno Smith but the last time we had a rookie QB start, we had one of the best defenses in NFL history, the best running game in the league by a mile, and still only won 9 games. We are far from that talent level now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    When you say "depending on how the QBs pan out" you are giving one hell of a disclaimer. Anyone can say If Sanchez sells his soul to be Aaron Rodgers, we have a shot at the Super Bowl."

There is not one sign that Sanchez is going to be anything but terrible again this year. He has done nothing to warrant any faith from any of the fan base to warrant any kind of optimism. Anyone thinking that Sanchez will elevate his game to another level is basing that on blind faith, kind of on the same level f a 5 year old putting his tooth under the pillow and having faith that there will be money under it in the morning.

I like Geno Smith but the last time we had a rookie QB start, we had one of the best defenses in NFL history, the best running game in the league by a mile, and still only won 9 games. We are far from that talent level now.
    We had no talent in 2009. List me all these pro bowlers. Go back and see what you predicted preseason of 2009. We have plenty of talent on defense, Oline, and RB. If we can just get top 25 QB play we'll be right in every game with our schedule. Our defense makes average QBs look like Sanchez. If Marty can make Sanchez look like an average QB(Which he has a track record of doing) we're winning at least half our games. If you take our schedule as a whole it's difficult, but that's because we're not playing any bottom feeders. Were not playing many power houses either. They're all middling teams, just like we are. That's why I say it could go either way, and if we lose to the couple of good teams and split with the average teams we'll be 7-9(most likely which is why Vegas predicts this). If Marty can get us to average on offense then we'll go 10-6.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I'll play.. and I threw my green goggles out in 2010...

The Jets don't have a great passing offense, so facing a 'great' secondary shouldn't really matter. We've all seen first hand what happens when Revis went up against a 2nd tier WR.. nothing. Home game. Good Jets defense. New offensive gameplan. They could squeak out a W

No chance here. Agreed.

Rex Ryan defense going up against a rookie QB? Win #2. 2-1

It took Mark Sanchez's works game as a professional (and one of the worst games by a QB in general) for the Jets to lose to the Titans last year. Give the Jets a W this time around. 3-1

I can't see going to Atlanta and winning. Pittsburgh isn't the same team as in years past.. They're going through a transitional period and can be beat. Coming off a bye isn't the ideal time to face them, but at home, let's give the Jets win #4. 4-2

I see 3 straight losses here. The schedule maker was not kind (at least not yet) 4-5

EJ Manuel at QB just does not scare me. Jets get back to .500 before falling to Baltimore. 5-6.

Miami - W 6-6
    Oakland - W 7-6
    Carolina W - 8-6
    Cleveland W - 9-6
    Miami - I'd love to say W.. but I'll go typical Jets fashion and a L..
    9-7

Being as optimistic as possible, I still only see 9 wins tops.. which wouldn't exactly be a disaster..
    I like this scenario lot better, and think it is possible. Three things are necessary.

1) Sanchez returns to the mediocre QB he was in 09-10.

2) A lot of these injured players Idzik has hired stay healthy.

3) They can find a WR who can actually catch a football.

If those things happen, I also think the Jets sweep the Fish, and knock them out of the playoffs final game of the season. Think the Ravens are not going to be as good as people think. Flacco had a freak year, and they just aren't as strong. Rex finally gets his win, and keeps his job

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The question is this year schedule much tougher than 2012 schedule. Your learning a whole new offense that a lot of the guys on that side of the ball have never played in. (going to be growing pains there) Your Top RB (Chris IvorY) isn't running behind two of the best guards in the game anymore( carl Nicks/ Ben Grubbs and Jahri Evans)- no one knows how effective he will be. . Willl Santonio Holmes ever be the same player(linsfranc injury is no joke and Jets say they are going to take their time with him in training camp.)

These are all legitimate questions that have to be answered and it not out of realm of possibility that Jets are a lot worse on offense in 2013.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    The question is this year schedule much tougher than 2012 schedule. Your learning a whole new offense that a lot of the guys on that side of the ball have never played in. (going to be growing pains there) Your Top RB (Chris IvorY) isn't running behind two of the best guards in the game anymore( carl Nicks/ Ben Grubbs and Jahri Evans)- no one knows how effective he will be. . Willl Santonio Holmes ever be the same player(linsfranc injury is no joke and Jets say they are going to take their time with him in training camp.)

These are all legitimate questions that have to be answered and it not out of realm of possibility that Jets are a lot worse on offense in 2013.
    I wish we were the Raiders where all units are at championship levels and ready for another most explosivist season in 2013

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had no talent in 2009. List me all these pro bowlers. Go back and see what you predicted preseason of 2009. We have plenty of talent on defense, Oline, and RB. If we can just get top 25 QB play we'll be right in every game with our schedule. Our defense makes average QBs look like Sanchez. If Marty can make Sanchez look like an average QB(Which he has a track record of doing) we're winning at least half our games. If you take our schedule as a whole it's difficult, but that's because we're not playing any bottom feeders. Were not playing many power houses either. They're all middling teams, just like we are. That's why I say it could go either way, and if we lose to the couple of good teams and split with the average teams we'll be 7-9(most likely which is why Vegas predicts this). If Marty can get us to average on offense then we'll go 10-6.
    Our OL was the top rated line in the league. Thomas Jones a d company ran for close to 200 yards a game. Our WRs were Holmes, Edwards, and Cotchery. The biggest example of the 2009 team was the Buffalo game. We run for 300 yards and still lost due to 6 ints. (Sanchez only threw 5 of them).

Our line, receivers, and backs are not even close to where we were then. Ivory has a shot but it will be tough with our current line and complete lack of passing offense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping, I just can't see anything to give me a good feeling about anything on offense. Maybe Geno is the guy everybody thought he was in February and he makes guys like Hill and Powell, etc much better. But right now, that is an awful lot of faith in a second round rookie.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had no talent in 2009. List me all these pro bowlers.. Go back and see what you predicted preseason of 2009. We have plenty of talent on defense, Oline, and RB. If we can just get top 25 QB play we'll be right in every game with our schedule. Our defense makes average QBs look like Sanchez. If Marty can make Sanchez look like an average QB(Which he has a track record of doing) we're winning at least half our games. If you take our schedule as a whole it's difficult, but that's because we're not playing any bottom feeders. Were not playing many power houses either. They're all middling teams, just like we are. That's why I say it could go either way, and if we lose to the couple of good teams and split with the average teams we'll be 7-9(most likely which is why Vegas predicts this). If Marty can get us to average on offense then we'll go 10-6.

They had 5 pro-bowlers:

Darrelle Revis
    Alan Faneca
    Shaun Ellis
    Nick Mangold
    D’Brickshaw Ferguson

+David Harris was 2nd team All-Pro and a wrecking machine.

Also had Cotchery, Edwards, Brad Smith, Kerry Rhodes, Thomas Jones, Tony Richardson (who should have been a pro-bowler) and also started the year with Chris Jenkinson (another pro-bowl caliber player), and had Devito, Pouha
    + Pace, B. Thomas, and Bart Scott were in their primes.

Truthfully that 2009 team had a lot of vets compared to this one.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I've been looking at our schedule since it came out and all I see is four wins.

That's awful but at the same time I want Rex Ryan gone so at least it will probably accomplish that.

Than again, we could always win four games just to have Woody come out and continue to support Rex, followed by a Rex speech about how he wants to attack the ball.

Guessing he'll just get fired though, which is great for the Jets.
    Yeah because when you look a team and don't see talent and foolishly fear and blame the schedule the logical smart thing to do is then put the blame on the coach.

That would be the smart play. As we all know, a new coach would never lose games without talent and a difficult schedule.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I wish we were the Raiders where all units are at championship levels and ready for another most explosivist season in 2013
    Please stay on topic and only thing explosive is your Diarrhea mouth.(more crap comes out of there than your Butt)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-17-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Please stay on topic and only thing explosive is your Diarrhea mouth.(more crap comes out of there than your Butt)
    How old are you, RaiderLOSER?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    +1
    In a perfect world, Sanchez would be the sacrificial lamb until December but somehow I honestly doubt the team can give Geno that long before handing him the ball.

It's a paradox. Team is rebuilding at every phase of the offense, LB and safety, and the coaching staff is in a win now or else mode. I just can't see how this is a good thing for the Jets.
    Exactly and the way the schedule is written, November 10th (bye week) could be a good time to make the QB switch but as Jut Nut correctly points out

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    As we all know, a new coach would never lose games without talent and a difficult schedule.
    a 2-7 record at the break could also trigger a coaching change that may not be a good thing for a young developing team

So if you are Rex and Marty, what has to happen to start Geno on opening day?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Exactly and the way the schedule is written, November 10th (bye week) could be a good time to make the QB switch but as Jut Nut correctly points out

a 2-7 record at the break could also trigger a coaching change that may not be a good thing for a young developing team

So if you are Rex and Marty, what has to happen to start Geno on opening day?
    I do think Rex and Marty know they have a mountain to overcome this season. That said, both guys will be working in the league next season - whether it is with the Jets or not so while being a little desperate, I don't think it's the type of desperation where you abandon reason to win at all cost.

As much as none of the fan base wants to sit through any more of Sanchez's 80 yard passing games, starting Geno is extremely risky. What happens if we have Injuries or poor play on the OL or Ivory gets hurt, Geno is going to get destroyed. And the NY media will villify him as if it's all his fault.

About the chance we have is if Geno turns out to be the second coming of Russell Wilson.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    And our offense hasn't produced dick in 2 years.
    I agree cpa. I think I was responding to a poster who felt the defense would be dominant. I hope they are but I think they have a ways to go.

The offense is a mile behind the defense as you point out and this whole thing does not turn around in a single year I think. Still and all I expect the defense to bloody the noises of a few teams this year and that by seasons end we will all be feeling good that the overall direction of the team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    see this is what funny did i mention tebow at all............it is the people that hate him that make the circus not the other way around chk any thread on here and it is people like you sparky that fuel the fire..........
    Right on uc. I listened to a host on local radio the other day and he did the same exact thing. They complain about the attention that he receives but are constantly taking shots at him, even when the discussion has nothing at all to do with him or football. Those are the people who make it a circus.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Right on uc. I listened to a host on local radio the other day and he did the same exact thing. They complain about the attention that he receives but are constantly taking shots at him, even when the discussion has nothing at all to do with him or football. Those are the people who make it a circus.
    Yeah, thats what it is.

Funny, don't remember your defense of Tebow or the Jets when he was a Jet.

Now somehow Tebow and his new employer have become the victom.

Right, nice story. At least most here, outside of those who travel the country following him as if he was a member of the Dead, realized he brings this on himself and the caos overrides and benefit he could possibly bring to a team. It's why no one wanted him, it's why he's getting paid like a total scrub.