Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: "The Sanchez Drill" - Could it be the coddling is finally over?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,205
    Post Thanks / Like

    "The Sanchez Drill" - Could it be the coddling is finally over?

    I liked what I heard in this video. The rah-rah, everything-is-great-and-improving-Sanchez lip service always bothered me.

    It seems to finally be over. Whether it's Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith - I doubt this year's Jets QB will be among the worst in the league as in previous years.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...back-situation

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno will beat out Sanchez.

    "The Sanchez Drill" HILARIOUS!

    Wonder how all of the Sanchez lovers will try to spin THAT one! QB in his 5th year.... has to learn things they teach in Pop Warner.

  3. #3
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baby steps but its encouraging. The Sanchez drill is great for everyone, receivers and Geno alike. When your most important player, the QB, can't hang onto the ball or deliver it, its hard to fault receivers for dropping the ball and/or lacking confidence. Once we have a QB that can keep 2 hands on the ball, we can worry about having a QB with accurate throws. Our receivers will then improve tremendously.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    it looks like the Jets finally found a capable quarterbacks coach.


    thank you, David Lee.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. I want them both doing these drills. Geno lost 32 fumbles in college. Ball security is a major concern

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Geno lost 32 fumbles in college
    How many butt-fumbles?

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    it looks like the Jets finally found a capable quarterbacks coach.


    thank you, David Lee.
    Apparently, even Sanchez is thankful that he's got coaches that attack his weaknesses and don't coddle him.

    Despite all the **** fans gripe about on Sanchez, the one thing that remains true is the kid genuinely does want to get better. He just hasn't been able to with the slapdicks he's been surrounded with his first 4 years... and I don't say that to imply it's all their fault, the reality is Sanchez has a low-ceiling, but the Jets lowered it further by surrounding him by boobs.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Go Jets!

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peeps need to keep Kerleys name out they moufs.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Good. I want them both doing these drills. Geno lost 32 fumbles in college. Ball security is a major concern
    In ALL of his college play.... Sanchez turns it over that much EVERY YEAR!

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    In ALL of his college play.... Sanchez turns it over that much EVERY YEAR!
    I catch myself watching the gif in your sig for minutes at a time. HNNGG!

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is not a comparison . Fumbles are an issue for both of them . Both need to improve. Period

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know I gatta say, and in no way am I trying to make Sanchez into something he is not and I will stand by my past statements that he is not a top notch QB.

    This reminded me of the biggining of last season. In the first half of the season there were drives stopped and games lost because Sanchez put the ball in the receivers hands and they simply dropped the ball, that goes for Holms as well. I am talking a lot of dropped balls, balls put in very catchable positions. I remember coming on here and listening to people just rip Mark apart.

    When you have receivers dropping balls all over the place, Hill out, Holms out, Green can't catch, No TE to catch the ball, eventually the but fumble is going to happen,,,,, well maybe not the But Fumble, but I think you see what I mean, confidence sure does take a long trip.

    I am not saying Sanchez should start, I am just standing behind what I have always said, Sanchez, with the proper support around him, can be a serviceable QB, Bottom line.

    Some QB's elevate a team, some are elevated by a team, I think that could be Sanchez, as well as Smith.

    I do not care who you have under center, if receivers are not catching the ball, no QB is going to feel confident for very long and he is going to start second guessing himself. Now that the Jets are no longer babying Mark, maybe he should stop babying his teammates and start being leader and start lashing into them when they drop a ball that was in their hands. If Mark want to continue he better take the Toro by the horns.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another issue this team has is, whether people want admit or not , our receivers can't get separation

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    And if Clyde Gates makes the roster that will tell you our offense will be a joke

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Another issue this team has is, whether people want admit or not , our receivers can't get separation
    I'm gonna hold off on that right there.... I've seen them wide open flailing their arms and Mark can't see them to save his life.
    Also, we've had absolute GARBAGE at the OC spot.
    When I can call those shlt "routes" and predictable plays from my couch it's a problem.

    I think this MAY be the first legit OC we've ever had. (that I can remember, anyways)

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    What coddling? Not having competition at the position when you have a franchise QB? (like all the other teams with franchise QB's do )

    Also it sounds like Rex is much more concerned about the Wide Receivers, or should I say 'Wide Receivers' who can't seem to catch anything. It seems he does think the WR's are pathetic and the worst in the league.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Ya know I gatta say, and in no way am I trying to make Sanchez into something he is not and I will stand by my past statements that he is not a top notch QB.

    This reminded me of the biggining of last season. In the first half of the season there were drives stopped and games lost because Sanchez put the ball in the receivers hands and they simply dropped the ball, that goes for Holms as well. I am talking a lot of dropped balls, balls put in very catchable positions. I remember coming on here and listening to people just rip Mark apart.

    When you have receivers dropping balls all over the place, Hill out, Holms out, Green can't catch, No TE to catch the ball, eventually the but fumble is going to happen,,,,, well maybe not the But Fumble, but I think you see what I mean, confidence sure does take a long trip.

    I am not saying Sanchez should start, I am just standing behind what I have always said, Sanchez, with the proper support around him, can be a serviceable QB, Bottom line.

    Some QB's elevate a team, some are elevated by a team, I think that could be Sanchez, as well as Smith.

    I do not care who you have under center, if receivers are not catching the ball, no QB is going to feel confident for very long and he is going to start second guessing himself. Now that the Jets are no longer babying Mark, maybe he should stop babying his teammates and start being leader and start lashing into them when they drop a ball that was in their hands. If Mark want to continue he better take the Toro by the horns.
    I agree with a lot of your post except for that ^^^.
    Its all tied together ; Sanchez not being good, WR's that arent good, OC's (last season) that werent good. They all deserve blame.

    I just dont think Mark Sanchez is serviceable at this point in his career. Supporting cast aside, it truly seems like he has not taken a step forward, but argumens could be made hes taken a few backwards. The "Sanchez drill" in camp ??? Seriously?

    I dont think he is serviceable, and even if he were, who wants serviceable?

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Another issue this team has is, whether people want admit or not , our receivers can't get separation
    Huge issue and something that has to be addressed before ANY quarterback is going to flourish on the Jets.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    In ALL of his college play.... Sanchez turns it over that much EVERY YEAR!
    How many games ??. 30 -35 maybe . That equates to about 1 fumble per game for Geno , a problem given his Edward midgethands.

    The drill was obviously designed and intended for both QB's , a result of a true QB coach doing his job - finally.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us